First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply Texas Has Voted Republican Since Forever... However...
37289 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 26 days ago , edited 25 days ago
First the first time, Texas residents don't need to show a photo ID to identify themselves in Texas....

Let's see if this will also be the first time, since forever, that they vote Democratic...

http://www.fox4news.com/good-day/215973310-story
7547 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Ark-La-Tex
Offline
Posted 26 days ago , edited 25 days ago
Relax, Texas is still at least 3-4 election cycles from becoming a legit swing state.
4009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Abyss
Offline
Posted 26 days ago , edited 25 days ago
Meanwhile I still had to show my ID in Texas. I never had a choice.
24251 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 26 days ago , edited 25 days ago
Doubt it will turn blue. Despite what the attitude is, Obama has been deporting people like a motherfucker.
6947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Online
Posted 26 days ago , edited 25 days ago
I pretty sure it is require to show some form of Id here.
19488 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / NYC Metro Area
Offline
Posted 25 days ago , edited 25 days ago

geauxtigers1989 wrote:

Relax, Texas is still at least 3-4 election cycles from becoming a legit swing state.


Agreed.

I feel like politics is basically Urban vs Rural votes. Urban voters are mainly Dems, Rural Republicans and the suburbs split.
Unless the Repubs rebrand, increased urbanization is only going to hurt their future prospects.
7547 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Ark-La-Tex
Offline
Posted 25 days ago , edited 25 days ago

kevz_210 wrote:


geauxtigers1989 wrote:

Relax, Texas is still at least 3-4 election cycles from becoming a legit swing state.


Agreed.

I feel like politics is basically Urban vs Rural votes. Urban voters are mainly Dems, Rural Republicans and the suburbs split.
Unless the Repubs rebrand, increased urbanization is only going to hurt their future prospects.


To illustrate your point, Obama got over 51% of the popular vote in 2012 despite Romney winning nearly 80% of all counties in the nation.
15295 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Midland, Texas
Offline
Posted 25 days ago
Lol, this is hilarious, I live in the city and here it's pretty much 80-90% Repubs. Also Houston almost voted in a non democrat mayor and this is actually big news due to the fact that it's been controlled by the dems for the last 30 years. The margin was like a 600 vote difference. If anything I'd say that it's becoming more republican since I've lived here. Still there urban areas are pretty much controlled by the dems, but the suburbs are definitely becoming more republican, all you have to do is to look at the elections in Katy, Humble, and the Woodlands areas. Another thing that proved this was the margin of victory of the last governor's race where Greg Abbott won handily.
56 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 25 days ago
Minnesota has the same problem with the opposite party...
28192 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 25 days ago

DeadlyOats wrote:

First the first time, Texas residents don't need to show a photo ID to identify themselves in Texas....

Let's see if this will also be the first time, since forever, that they vote Democratic...


...the voter ID law in question has only been in effect since 2013 and got struck down as a violation of the Voting Rights Act that targeted minorities. Which is the actual objective of said laws given how statistically irrelevant in person voter fraud is. This ruling was upheld by one of the most conservative appeal's courts in the entire country too btw.

Or did you miss the NC GOP bragging about suppressing African American turn out with a similar law? Voter ID laws are designed to suppress minority and lower income turn outs ( who historically vote Democrat ). Not to protect the integrity of the process.

But yeah, its the Democrats trying to rig the election.


37289 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 25 days ago

runec wrote:


DeadlyOats wrote:

First the first time, Texas residents don't need to show a photo ID to identify themselves in Texas....

Let's see if this will also be the first time, since forever, that they vote Democratic...


...the voter ID law in question has only been in effect since 2013 and got struck down as a violation of the Voting Rights Act that targeted minorities. Which is the actual objective of said laws given how statistically irrelevant in person voter fraud is. This ruling was upheld by one of the most conservative appeal's courts in the entire country too btw.

Or did you miss the NC GOP bragging about suppressing African American turn out with a similar law? Voter ID laws are designed to suppress minority and lower income turn outs ( who historically vote Democrat ). Not to protect the integrity of the process.

But yeah, its the Democrats trying to rig the election.




Why are you stalking me?
28192 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 25 days ago

kevz_210 wrote:
Agreed.

I feel like politics is basically Urban vs Rural votes. Urban voters are mainly Dems, Rural Republicans and the suburbs split.
Unless the Repubs rebrand, increased urbanization is only going to hurt their future prospects.


It pretty much is for the most part. Its part of the reason we have Trump too. Republicans have been stringing along poor, rural Americans for years with promises of returning them to the Glory Days(tm). Its not terribly surprising that they would get behind a demogogue that says outloud all the shit the GOP has been wink wink nudge nudging them about for years as the source of all their troubles.
28192 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 25 days ago

DeadlyOats wrote:
Why are you stalking me?


People responding to the topic you started on a public forum is not "stalking", Unless you define stalking as "someone that disagrees with me". In which case seek help.
19488 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / NYC Metro Area
Offline
Posted 25 days ago

runec wrote:


kevz_210 wrote:
Agreed.

I feel like politics is basically Urban vs Rural votes. Urban voters are mainly Dems, Rural Republicans and the suburbs split.
Unless the Repubs rebrand, increased urbanization is only going to hurt their future prospects.


It pretty much is for the most part. Its part of the reason we have Trump too. Republicans have been stringing along poor, rural Americans for years with promises of returning them to the Glory Days(tm). Its not terribly surprising that they would get behind a demogogue that says outloud all the shit the GOP has been wink wink nudge nudging them about for years as the source of all their troubles.


To be fair, the Democrat establishment forgot that the reason why a good chunk of their base supported them was that the Republicans were (and still are) anti-labor and that they stood up for them. You have an angry blue collar working and lower middle class that feels like nobody defends them anymore. The Republican establishment obviously doesn't care about them, the Democrats are now run by a bunch of out-of-touch cosmopolitan yuppies that claim to care about them, but cannot relate to their problems or their reality and perhaps also don't care.
As Michael Moore said the other week, many of these people see him as the proverbial Molotov cocktail to throw at Washington DC and hence if Trump wins tomorrow I won't be surprised one bit. On the bright side, it might be the catalyst to help bring the Dems back to their roots as the Pro-Labor party which in turn will help them gain control of Congress once again.
37289 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 25 days ago

runec wrote:


DeadlyOats wrote:
Why are you stalking me?


People responding to the topic you started on a public forum is not "stalking", Unless you define stalking as "someone that disagrees with me". In which case seek help.


No... It seems that where ever I've started a thread, or commented on an existing thread, you almost immediately comment on something I've said. It's starting to seem as though 'you've been assigned to me.'

I laugh at my silly joke about you being assigned to me, but really, it's really starting to seem as though you've been sticking to me like glue. But I've been drinking beer. I'll blame it on the beer this time, and give you the benefit of the doubt, that you aren't sticking to me as though assigned to counter my comments at every opportunity...
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.