First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply #Calexit
22942 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / M / Bay Area
Offline
Posted 26 days ago
California has sixth largest economy in the world surpassed France and India on the top ten list. First in all states second is Texas.
33367 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Socal
Offline
Posted 26 days ago

nanikore2 wrote:


MysticGon wrote:

Good riddance.


Now people should know why some Californians never vote

Why vote when the vote is always lopsided and all the electoral votes go one way only?


Exactly
16757 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hoosierville
Offline
Posted 26 days ago

Adjacent-Taurus wrote:

No these people are dumb and shitwits and please America hold together the rest of the world doesn't need your shit right now.


It's unlikely that any states can secede after what happened during the civil war.


Not to mention California is one of the most disarmed states in the country. If they rebelled they would be screwed.
10612 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 26 days ago
It's interesting, because California also has one of the highest number of military bases in the US, too.
14755 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 26 days ago , edited 26 days ago

nanikore2 wrote:

Wrong headline.

"California" doesn't want to leave the Union.

Some crazy Californians frothing at their mouths want to.

Some of them call themselves "patriots" but I suggest they look up the dictionary definition first.

If they want to leave, LEAVE. Don't take the rest of us Californians with them in their stupidity.


Now, y'see, we thought that Hillary was going to be in, and it was going to be crazy Texans frothing at the mouth and waving their old Republic flag, like after every election.

Haven't seen liberal states throw the old "Oo, Civil War!" gag around since MA threatened to secede if Thomas Jefferson won, and VA threatened to secede if John Adams won.
And the real Civil hadn't happened yet, so everybody did throw it around, since nobody took it seriously yet.
88 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Minnesota
Offline
Posted 26 days ago
MY only reaction:

WHAT A BUNCH OF COMPLETE ITDIOTS
5188 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
15 / M / California
Offline
Posted 26 days ago
um no
17873 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / M / In
Offline
Posted 26 days ago
85263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Louisville, KY
Offline
Posted 26 days ago
Texas wanted to leave the Union as well when Barack Obama was elected. Nothing will happen.
Banned
17503 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / B.C, Canada
Offline
Posted 26 days ago , edited 26 days ago
I say why not. If this thing is actually serious enough put it to the same sort of referendum that give us Brexit. Last time I checked tmembership in the Union that is the United States of America was voluntary anyway. So if a large enough majority of Californians feel like separation is the only recourse that is open to them let them. Of course American politicians don't have the greatest track record of respecting their citizens wishes. Or anything that disagrees with them at all really.
18902 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 26 days ago , edited 26 days ago
Dr. Benjamin Franklin:
A rebellion is always legal in the first person, such as "our rebellion."
It is only in the third person - "their rebellion" - that it becomes illegal.


Dr. Benjamin Franklin:
If we do not hang together, we shall most assuredly hang separately!
:rolleyes:

There is no legal exit for a State of United States of America, the US Civil War decided that issue after five years of warfare.
58237 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29
Offline
Posted 26 days ago
I didn't like Trump at all, and I didn't like Clinton either. However, I can't help but sit back and laugh at the utter hypocrisy that both sides have been spewing this entire election.

I remember how LOL-tastic it was when all of the so called "patriots" wanted their States to secede when Obama became president. Likewise, the Left blasted them for wanting to leave and such. Man, how times change.

It's also funny though, that the same people who claimed that Obama was inexperienced came out in full force for this clown. Alas, it's all theater anyway. 99% of this election and it's hyperbole that we've seen and heard is akin to pro-wrestling. It's the 1% that was real that we need to worry about. :/
27265 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / Inside your compu...
Offline
Posted 26 days ago , edited 26 days ago

Ranwolf wrote:

I say why not. If this thing is actually serious enough put it to the same sort of referendum that give us Brexit. Last time I checked tmembership in the Union that is the United States of America was voluntary anyway. So if a large enough majority of Californians feel like separation is the only recourse that is open to them let them. Of course American politicians don't have the greatest track record of respecting their citizens wishes. Or anything that disagrees with them at all really.


No it's only a very small number of yahoos.


Rujikin wrote:


Adjacent-Taurus wrote:

No these people are dumb and shitwits and please America hold together the rest of the world doesn't need your shit right now.


It's unlikely that any states can secede after what happened during the civil war.


Not to mention California is one of the most disarmed states in the country. If they rebelled they would be screwed.


Please don't refer to all the people in one state as if they all think the same
14916 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / San Francisco
Offline
Posted 26 days ago

Nagato-san wrote:

I remember how LOL-tastic it was when all of the so called "patriots" wanted their States to secede when Obama became president. Likewise, the Left blasted them for wanting to leave and such. Man, how times change.

It's also funny though, that the same people who claimed that Obama was inexperienced came out in full force for this clown. Alas, it's all theater anyway. 99% of this election and it's hyperbole that we've seen and heard is akin to pro-wrestling. It's the 1% that was real that we need to worry about. :/


I spent the whole day reminding friends who were going all doom and gloom about what happened eight years ago. None of them could recall how stupid people behaved when Obama won, Apparently time does that to people.
27265 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / Inside your compu...
Offline
Posted 26 days ago

Akage-chan wrote:


Nagato-san wrote:

I remember how LOL-tastic it was when all of the so called "patriots" wanted their States to secede when Obama became president. Likewise, the Left blasted them for wanting to leave and such. Man, how times change.

It's also funny though, that the same people who claimed that Obama was inexperienced came out in full force for this clown. Alas, it's all theater anyway. 99% of this election and it's hyperbole that we've seen and heard is akin to pro-wrestling. It's the 1% that was real that we need to worry about. :/


I spent the whole day reminding friends who were going all doom and gloom about what happened eight years ago. None of them could recall how stupid people behaved when Obama won, Apparently time does that to people.


Time buries pretty much everything

http://www.vqronline.org/essay/reagan-retrospect
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.