First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply russia ready and willing to restore relations with USA
SGZone 
81 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 28 days ago
Nato has every right to go to these countries with an offer for a place in it and these countries have every right to accept. The Soviet Union lost and is gone. If Montenegro wants to join then they should join. If Finland wants to join then they should join without fear of Putin. Putin needs to back off. He has no right to have any say in what these countries do.
SGZone 
81 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 28 days ago
My sentiments exactly I would like us to get to good relations but only mutual ones. I don't want the U.S. to rub Putin's back while he rolls through Europe.
17077 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / M / Verginia
Offline
Posted 28 days ago
Meh. As a veteran I hope Trump will make Europe live up to the 2% of GDP for defence required for the NATO alliance. While he's at it I hope he closes all of those unnessary bases in Europe and Japan that only exist so officers can get their 'I was here' ribbons. Seriously all we hear is how much Europeans and Asians hate the US military presence in their countries. Let's close those bases, bring those troops and their pay home.
I think it is high time we took our ball and bat home. It is stupid to be wasting billions of taxpayer dollars keeping bases where the troops are clearly unwelcome.
10637 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Rabbit Horse
Online
Posted 28 days ago

bernardwheelerjr wrote:

Meh. As a veteran I hope Trump will make Europe live up to the 2% of GDP for defence required for the NATO alliance. While he's at it I hope he closes all of those unnessary bases in Europe and Japan that only exist so officers can get their 'I was here' ribbons. Seriously all we hear is how much Europeans and Asians hate the US military presence in their countries. Let's close those bases, bring those troops and their pay home.
I think it is high time we took our ball and bat home. It is stupid to be wasting billions of taxpayer dollars keeping bases where the troops are clearly unwelcome.


when it comes to military, i sure hope Trump doesn't make the same mistake done recently by the current Obama / Congress:
they paid a few thousand dollars to troops "by mistake" and once the troop did all that hard work, risking their very lives for the country, they wanted them to repay those thousands of dollars. needless to say, plenty of them were having trouble paying it all back.
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/25/us/national-guard-bonuses-california.html
the debt collection was cancelled only after a long while.
17077 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / M / Verginia
Offline
Posted 28 days ago

namealreadytaken wrote:


bernardwheelerjr wrote:

Meh. As a veteran I hope Trump will make Europe live up to the 2% of GDP for defence required for the NATO alliance. While he's at it I hope he closes all of those unnessary bases in Europe and Japan that only exist so officers can get their 'I was here' ribbons. Seriously all we hear is how much Europeans and Asians hate the US military presence in their countries. Let's close those bases, bring those troops and their pay home.
I think it is high time we took our ball and bat home. It is stupid to be wasting billions of taxpayer dollars keeping bases where the troops are clearly unwelcome.


when it comes to military, i sure hope Trump doesn't make the same mistake done recently by the current Obama / Congress:
they paid a few thousand dollars to troops "by mistake" and once the troop did all that hard work, risking their very lives for the country, they wanted them to repay those thousands of dollars. needless to say, plenty of them were having trouble paying it all back.
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/25/us/national-guard-bonuses-california.html
the debt collection was cancelled only after a long while.


As a former wartime service vet I paid attention to that. Long story short, California National Guard recruiters promised and illigaly paid enlistment and reinlistment bonuses to soldiers to make unrealistic recruitment goals. The Pentagon caught it during a routine accounting audit and rather than go after the state of California and it's Guard recruiters they went after the vets who honored their contract.
Same shit different day...doesn't matter who is president. The guys who actually are close enough to hear the artillery get fucked by armchair generals in Washington who get purple hearts for tendonitis. You know, from all that dangerous typing they do.
Posted 28 days ago

qwueri wrote:


Blackwater banker conspiracies, oh my. Time to hide behind a wall.


oh sorry, I forgot about the preponderance of perfect english speaking super buff dudes that have m4 rifles that populate ukraine that happen to REALLY not want to be filmed being there

yeah, go look in the mirror and keep mouthing over and over, "I'm open minded....I'm open minded..."
Posted 28 days ago

Bowie-Sensei wrote:

While I am all for normalizing relations with Russia, as we have nothing to benefit from having strained relations, I hope that, if this is accurate, that it wouldn't aid Putin's expansionist policies. While an argument could be made for the Crimea, sovereign nations are being threatened by Putin's government, and we can't let the continue.


except you can make no argument about crimea other than the fact that its been russian since they took it from the ottomans hundreds and hundreds of years ago.

the preponderance of speech is russian. same with dontesk region.


but dont let that influence what you think of how the news presents it or anything?
Posted 28 days ago

SGZone wrote:

Nato has every right to go to these countries with an offer for a place in it and these countries have every right to accept. The Soviet Union lost and is gone. If Montenegro wants to join then they should join. If Finland wants to join then they should join without fear of Putin. Putin needs to back off. He has no right to have any say in what these countries do.


NATO has no reason to exist. It was created to combat soviet aggression. Soviet Union is gone, Russia isnt the USSR.

I understand that the agreements on NATO expansion were made with the USSR and not Russia - but nobody in the west really seems to realize that the USA is the one being expansionist. So before you decry things like Crimea or Georgia, go and read the whole story of what happened, the story from all sides, and come to your own conclusion on who's right - but if you read all sides, it gets pretty easy to see who the aggressor is these days.

And what happened with Ukraine is just beyond the pale, the US clandestinely sponsored the coup after the legally elected president there decided to go with Russia's trade deal instead of the EU's feauxsterity debt trap!!

Victoria Nuland, go see the line of people that connect her to Hillary.

War Crimes were committed in Ukraine in that coup.
qwueri 
16470 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 28 days ago

RaisedInACult wrote:

oh sorry, I forgot about the preponderance of perfect english speaking super buff dudes that have m4 rifles that populate ukraine that happen to REALLY not want to be filmed being there

yeah, go look in the mirror and keep mouthing over and over, "I'm open minded....I'm open minded..."


Clearly the path to open-mindedness is to shill harder for pro-Russian propaganda.
Posted 28 days ago
Posted 28 days ago

qwueri wrote:

Clearly the path to open-mindedness is to shill harder for pro-Russian propaganda.


sorry I'm shilling for the truth of the matter and you're calling it russian propaganda, because you have drank the western kool aid propaganda down in one big gulp *shrugs*

there's no point in even reading the dumbshit stuff in your posts any longer, muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuted
qwueri 
16470 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 28 days ago
17891 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / M / In
Offline
Posted 28 days ago
Yes become Russia's bitch your dignity is a small price to pay for a little peace of mind
Posted 28 days ago
lol become russia's bitch...we're not going to war with them, so they're not going to have to make that happen.

it'll go something like the USS donald cook.

like a real statesman, trump will go talk with putin instead of amassing nato troops all around their western border and crying about russian aggression.
17891 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / M / In
Offline
Posted 28 days ago

RaisedInACult wrote:

lol become russia's bitch...we're not going to war with them, so they're not going to have to make that happen.

it'll go something like the USS donald cook.

like a real statesman, trump will go talk with putin instead of amassing nato troops all around their western border and crying about russian aggression.

"Peace in our time" hmmm where have I heard that before?

Putin only wants the Crimea

Hitler only only wanted the Sudetenland

gee I wonder how that turned out?

Oh I m sure it will be fine

9463 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 27 days ago

RaisedInACult wrote:


Bowie-Sensei wrote:

While I am all for normalizing relations with Russia, as we have nothing to benefit from having strained relations, I hope that, if this is accurate, that it wouldn't aid Putin's expansionist policies. While an argument could be made for the Crimea, sovereign nations are being threatened by Putin's government, and we can't let the continue.


except you can make no argument about crimea other than the fact that its been russian since they took it from the ottomans hundreds and hundreds of years ago.

the preponderance of speech is russian. same with dontesk region.


but dont let that influence what you think of how the news presents it or anything?


The argument is that a fair percentage of the population is ethnically Russian, they (apparently) wish to be part of Russia, and they were part of Russia until about 60 years ago.
18750 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Online
Posted 27 days ago

Bowie-Sensei wrote:


RaisedInACult wrote:


Bowie-Sensei wrote:

While I am all for normalizing relations with Russia, as we have nothing to benefit from having strained relations, I hope that, if this is accurate, that it wouldn't aid Putin's expansionist policies. While an argument could be made for the Crimea, sovereign nations are being threatened by Putin's government, and we can't let the continue.


except you can make no argument about crimea other than the fact that its been russian since they took it from the ottomans hundreds and hundreds of years ago.

the preponderance of speech is russian. same with dontesk region.


but dont let that influence what you think of how the news presents it or anything?


The argument is that a fair percentage of the population is ethnically Russian, they (apparently) wish to be part of Russia, and they were part of Russia until about 60 years ago.


except people seem to forget about that
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.