First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply Please stop -- Please read what I write and take it to heart.
50326 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 24 days ago , edited 24 days ago

Dogempire wrote:


uncletim wrote:

As a veteran I will respect the office but I will never respect him. I can't respect anyone who bought their way out of doing their duty to me that is as low as running to Canada and nothing you say is going to change my mind



Not to be rude, but the military isn't for everyone and you shouldn't judge people for not wanting to fight and die for their country. Sure it's a scummy thing to buy your way out of serving while everyone else has to serve, but a lot of people would do the same if they had he resources necessary.

There are many brave people who will fight on behalf of those who aren't so brave, and I respect those people because it means I can enjoy my nice cozy civilian life.




So your willing to let the military fight and die for your freedom so you can disrespect them as they come home ????
3048 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / In a Yaoi Fanfic
Online
Posted 24 days ago

Dark_Alma wrote:


Dogempire wrote:

Generally a single president doesn't affect my life much, so I'm not worried too much about him.

His policies concerning LGBT people concern me because it's something that could potentially impact my life in a negative way, but he hasn't done anything so it's not my concern.

It's not like Trump is a dictator, he has other people to keep him in check.


I am going to have to give Trump a change. I hope he is another Regan. I didn't like him at first, but he was a good president.

As you said, his LGBT stance worries me. The other human rights that he said he would change worry me as well (abortion, planned parenthood, etc.) The denial of climate change and evolution worry me as well.

I just hope all of this was just talk to get him elected. I don't want to see the rights people have finally gotten removed from them. I have far too many friends who would be impacted by many of these.

I don't want Trump impeached, however.

Trump scares me because I don't know what he will do. This gives him room to go different from my expectations.
Pence scares me because I do know what he will do. I have seen the shit he has penned.

I will take the one that has the best chance for human rights. That is Trump of the two.

Edit: As a side thought. I hope we don't get religion shoved down our throats or it becomes problematic to believe in a different god or something. Recently saw a video of an atheist getting stoned to death in Indonesia. Those screams hit me hard. Reminded me of the time I got beat in school for being an atheist. I hope it doesn't go back to days like that...


Exactly, I'm worried about Trump turning anyone who's not straight and white into second-class citizens.

I'm not sure if this is an irrational fear, but eh, can't help it.
3048 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / In a Yaoi Fanfic
Online
Posted 24 days ago

gotcha291 wrote:


Dogempire wrote:


uncletim wrote:

As a veteran I will respect the office but I will never respect him. I can't respect anyone who bought their way out of doing their duty to me that is as low as running to Canada and nothing you say is going to change my mind



Not to be rude, but the military isn't for everyone and you shouldn't judge people for not wanting to fight and die for their country. Sure it's a scummy thing to buy your way out of serving while everyone else has to serve, but a lot of people would do the same if they had he resources necessary.

There are many brave people who will fight on behalf of those who aren't so brave, and I respect those people because it means I can enjoy my nice cozy civilian life.




So your willing to let the military fight and die for your freedom so you can disrespect them as they come home ????


Did I ever say I don't respect people who serve in the military?
1990 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / Transgender(MTF)
Offline
Posted 24 days ago

Dogempire wrote:
His policies concerning LGBT people concern me because it's something that could potentially impact my life in a negative way, but he hasn't done anything so it's not my concern.


I just now thought about that in all honesty but agree with you for now he hasn't done anything yet in all honesty.
17873 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / M / In
Offline
Posted 24 days ago , edited 24 days ago

gotcha291 wrote:


Dogempire wrote:


uncletim wrote:

As a veteran I will respect the office but I will never respect him. I can't respect anyone who bought their way out of doing their duty to me that is as low as running to Canada and nothing you say is going to change my mind



Not to be rude, but the military isn't for everyone and you shouldn't judge people for not wanting to fight and die for their country. Sure it's a scummy thing to buy your way out of serving while everyone else has to serve, but a lot of people would do the same if they had he resources necessary.

There are many brave people who will fight on behalf of those who aren't so brave, and I respect those people because it means I can enjoy my nice cozy civilian life.




So your willing to let the military fight and die for your freedom so you can disrespect them as they come home ????

and to mock the family of a fallen soldier like I said I will respect the office but never him

50326 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 24 days ago
That's neat and all but I swear if another gay guy hits on me I'm going to beat them just because you feel that way doesn't make it ok to try to force how to feel on everyone.
35884 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Georgia, USA
Offline
Posted 24 days ago
I still feel like I'm dreaming.
I can't believe I ever doubted at the last moment because of the biased polls and media lies.
MAGA




Posted 24 days ago , edited 24 days ago
8453 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Online
Posted 24 days ago
The only way to actually stop Trump is to let him have his way for a while and let people see him for what he is. My only hope is that he can't do too much damage in four years.

I also see people ignoring Mike Pence. Does anybody remember when Jr. said that the VP would be doing most of the work?

Whether or not Trump gets anything done will be up to congress. Will they continue the policy started by Newt when he was speaker of the house? Or will they work with Trump because he's popular in a bid to not hurt their chances for re-election?

I hear that the constitution is in place to prevent people like Trump/Pence from running amok, but that is only true if the congress and judicials are interested in stoping him.
8453 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Online
Posted 24 days ago

Amyas_Leigh wrote:

I still feel like I'm dreaming.
I can't believe I ever doubted at the last moment because of the biased polls and media lies.
MAGA






It's not really lies. EVerything was based off of polls. Just because polls were wrong doesn't mean that they were lying, the ones being polled were. Have you heard of the shy tory factor? Basically, if someone feels like their position is socially unacceptable, they're less likely to speak up. This is also with the disparity in the brexit polls.
664 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 24 days ago , edited 24 days ago
Save me the spiel, dude. Clinton was appropriately diplomatic in her concession, but that doesn't mean I have to tolerate, let alone respect, a man who is going to deport my friends, kill them by repealing ACA, or (by way of Pence) try to dissolve their marriages. Even if he fails in some of those goals, he still wants to do it, and I can't respect someone who thinks the people I love are dirt. This election validates the alt-right, and the white supremacist movement is empowered by his victory (see: the winners partaking in a bit of property damage themselves), and I have to worry about a rise in hate crimes against people who I consider close friends, ex-girlfriends, and even family.

Besides which, I sat through eight years of racial slurs and cries for a birth certificate against President Obama. I think y'all can suffer it when I make fun of Trump's dorky toupee, tiny hands, and crippling lack of charisma or good sense.
Ny0 
793 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 24 days ago


I don't have FB so I'm not bothered by what others think. They can riot the place if they want. The age limit shouldn't be raised. That's not their future..it's ours. I don't care how others respond.. I don't have FB like I said so I'm not bothered and reading news about others being angry doesn't bother me one bit.
14745 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 24 days ago , edited 24 days ago

HolyDrumstick wrote:

Look, Trump won. Whether you like that or not, he did.
Trump is going to be our next president. He deserves the respect and support for a man of that office. AT LEAST until he actually makes policy so terrible it has severe consequences or truly commits crimes.


And then what?

The president represents The People.
The People may not have elected him for the right reasons (a lot of people seem to be vindicating their poor lives with "Yay, I won!" because Trump won, which raises the obvious Weimar questions...), but if he doesn't do right by The People, he's still not the M. Bison dictator he thinks he is.
There are a lot of things he CAN'T do despite being The Boss, and those are part of the "Checks and Balances" thing the Constitution put in to make sure that the president does represent The People. From what we've seen of "the 100 Days", boy, is he about to find that out.

The protests you hear right now in the street aren't so much "Off with his head" or "He's an evil racist fratboy!"
The big placard slogan right now is "Not My President". Some People do not consider that the president represents them.
A good president would try to bring those people together. A poor president would say "Eh, haters gonna hate, who cares about those whiny babies anyway?--And now, for my next act!...." But then, a good president would be more interested in the country than in his job, his party or his own cabal of supporters.

The president can be replaced every four years. That's another thing we wrote in. When a near-Alzheimer's Reagan was about to lose his eight years, desperate, insecure Republicans wanted to take THAT out of the Constitution, but fortunately for us, it didn't happen.
No president lasts for two hundred years. Only countries do that, if they know how to.
qwueri 
16424 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Online
Posted 24 days ago , edited 24 days ago
I support the office of president and the democratic process behind it. It's been a divisive and ugly election, and either candidate would have had their work cut out for them in terms of healing the divides. That doesn't mean I support the disingenuous and hateful tripe that's surrounded the Trump campaign, the ambiguous lack of direction he's left in the interim, or much any of the policies he's put forth. Trump has alot to prove and alot to heal, and it's going to take much more than a throwaway line in his acceptance speech.

And stuff the 'participation trophy generation' garbage. It's condescending, unconstructive, and ignores the hard work and perseverance of the millennial generation. The angst over Trump came from the overblown rhetoric in the election, the protests the result of a leader who positioned himself to represent only his hardcore base. Citizens are free to voice their concerns in protest, so long as they remain civl. And they are free to air their opinions on what they've seen thusfar. It's Trump's responsibility as a leader to address those concerns and to try and heal the divide.
3048 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / In a Yaoi Fanfic
Online
Posted 24 days ago

gotcha291 wrote:

That's neat and all but I swear if another woman hits on me I'm going to beat them just because you feel that way doesn't make it ok to try to force how to feel on everyone.


Fixed it for you.

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.