First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply Please stop -- Please read what I write and take it to heart.
10262 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 22 days ago , edited 22 days ago

qwueri wrote:
And stuff the 'participation trophy generation' garbage. It's condescending, unconstructive, and ignores the hard work and perseverance of the millennial generation. The angst over Trump came from the overblown rhetoric in the election, the protests the result of a leader who positioned himself to represent only his hardcore base. Citizens are free to voice their concerns in protest, so long as they remain civl. And they are free to air their opinions on what they've seen thusfar. It's Trump's responsibility as a leader to address those concerns and to try and heal the divide.


I am technically a millennial. My personal opinion is that most millennials have very much earned their terrible reputation.

qwueri 
16404 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 22 days ago

HolyDrumstick wrote:

I am technically a millennial. My personal opinion is that most millennials have very much earned their terrible reputation.



And urging millennials to show respect while showing them disdain will work wonders I'm sure.
3746 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 22 days ago
I didn't read it
14729 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 22 days ago , edited 22 days ago
(Andddd...the reporting of Gotcha begins.
The first of the "You can't pick on me, my candidate WON! " butthurts begins to crack, as supporters find out that Respect in their own lives comes a little harder than they thought.
Basically, if Dark Knight had gotten an Oscar, we'd be seeing the exact same thing from DC Comics fans, only not as desperate for personal validation.)
10262 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 22 days ago , edited 22 days ago

qwueri wrote:


HolyDrumstick wrote:

I am technically a millennial. My personal opinion is that most millennials have very much earned their terrible reputation.



And urging millennials to show respect while showing them disdain will work wonders I'm sure.


Disdain and calling them out on their bullshit are two very different things. I have no hate for millennials, but I do feel like the vast majority of millennials in the US are out of touch with real life. By that I mean they have no idea how things work in the real world and what to expect once the adults in their life start treating them like adults, rather than children.

And, to be fair, that's no fault of their own. Many of the adults in our lives neglected in the teaching of their children, in favor of making every child feel special.

The saddest thing I see is that people who were abused as children handle the realities of life better than most who were not. I think it's insane that abuse would ever be positive, but from what I'm seeing, pandering and neglecting teaching responsibility or discipline seems like an abuse all its own.

Fortunately, I also have faith that this is simply another social cycle, and we'll work our way out of it.

However, that does not mean that we should excuse Millennials. Every well adjusted adult Millennial I know is fed up with their own age group.
10262 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 22 days ago

Ejanss wrote:

(Andddd...the reporting of Gotcha begins.
The first of the "You can't pick on me, my candidate WON! " butthurts begins to crack, as supporters find out that Respect in their own lives comes a little harder than they thought.
Basically, if Dark Knight had gotten an Oscar, we'd be seeing the exact same thing from DC Comics fans, only not as desperate for personal validation.)


Can I get some of what you're taking?
14729 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 22 days ago

HolyDrumstick wrote:


Ejanss wrote:

(Andddd...the reporting of Gotcha begins.
The first of the "You can't pick on me, my candidate WON! " butthurts begins to crack, as supporters find out that Respect in their own lives comes a little harder than they thought.
Basically, if Dark Knight had gotten an Oscar, we'd be seeing the exact same thing from DC Comics fans, only not as desperate for personal validation.)


Can I get some of what you're taking?


Sure--It's called "Self-respect", and it's available without a prescription. Wouldn't say it's "for free", though, never is.
37128 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 22 days ago
You're right of course. Part of being an adult is sucking it up when elections don't go your way. I will say I understand why this election is particularly tough to swallow, and I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little upset. But hey, we survived Reagan, we survived GWB, and we will survive Trump.

It's also important to remember that real change comes from outside the political system, and then government reacts (slowly).
10262 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 22 days ago

Ejanss wrote:


HolyDrumstick wrote:


Ejanss wrote:

(Andddd...the reporting of Gotcha begins.
The first of the "You can't pick on me, my candidate WON! " butthurts begins to crack, as supporters find out that Respect in their own lives comes a little harder than they thought.
Basically, if Dark Knight had gotten an Oscar, we'd be seeing the exact same thing from DC Comics fans, only not as desperate for personal validation.)


Can I get some of what you're taking?


Sure--It's called "Self-respect", and it's available without a prescription. Wouldn't say it's "for free", though, never is.


No, it's not that you are wrong about Gotcha, it's just that I'm seeing one person acting like that, and you immediately blanket judge those on the other side of the fence.

Just like, "Wow, you figured all that out from one person in anime forums! You must be so smart."

I want that smart pill.

Actually, wait.... no, no I don't.
10262 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 22 days ago

kinga750 wrote:

You're right of course. Part of being an adult is sucking it up when elections don't go your way. I will say I understand why this election is particularly tough to swallow, and I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little upset. But hey, we survived Reagan, we survived GWB, and we will survive Trump.

It's also important to remember that real change comes from outside the political system, and then government reacts (slowly).


Right.

We'll survive. As President Obama said in his speech, our path has always been zig-zagged, and that's a good thing. We're always slowly making progress, and sometimes that isn't a straight line.

And that would apply no matter who got elected.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.