First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply Please stop -- Please read what I write and take it to heart.
14787 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/10/16 , edited 11/10/16

HolyDrumstick wrote:


Ejanss wrote:


HolyDrumstick wrote:
Can I get some of what you're taking?


Sure--It's called "Self-respect", and it's available without a prescription. Wouldn't say it's "for free", though, never is.


No, it's not that you are wrong about Gotcha, it's just that I'm seeing one person acting like that, and you immediately blanket judge those on the other side of the fence.


Okay, so not everybody: HE'S just using his Big-Tough-Brother Candidate to hide behind and fight all his personal battles for him, and then melts down every time it still doesn't make him look cool in public like he thought the "big change of everything" would.
Isolated incident...Happy now?

Only when you look at the threads, it's not so isolated. The sentiment is not so much "We can fix the problems of a previous Democratic administration", but "Woo-hoo! The Bad People finally got what's comin' to 'em! I won't have to suffer watching them on the TV news anymore!--Round up the Paddy-wagon, and pack em off to the Buttrape Motel! Let's give 'em an extra kick out the door before we start the PAH-TAAAYY!!"
Which is, not, we can say, the American sentiment you put on postage stamps.
9640 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Imoutoland!
Offline
Posted 11/10/16
I'd see it as the opportunity for both parties, especially the democrats, to reform. Devil knows how much it is needed.
17901 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / M / In
Offline
Posted 11/10/16 , edited 11/10/16

HolyDrumstick wrote:

No, it's not that you are wrong about Gotcha, it's just that I'm seeing one person acting like that, and you immediately blanket judge those on the other side of the fence.

Just like, "Wow, you figured all that out from one person in anime forums! You must be so smart."

I want that smart pill.

Actually, wait.... no, no I don't.

you mean like how you immediately blanket judge all millennials for the actions of a few?

qwueri 
16478 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 11/10/16 , edited 11/10/16

HolyDrumstick wrote:

Disdain and calling them out on their bullshit are two very different things. I have no hate for millennials, but I do feel like the vast majority of millennials in the US are out of touch with real life. By that I mean they have no idea how things work in the real world and what to expect once the adults in their life start treating them like adults, rather than children.

And, to be fair, that's no fault of their own. Many of the adults in our lives neglected in the teaching of their children, in favor of making every child feel special.

The saddest thing I see is that people who were abused as children handle the realities of life better than most who were not. I think it's insane that abuse would ever be positive, but from what I'm seeing, pandering and neglecting teaching responsibility or discipline seems like an abuse all its own.

Fortunately, I also have faith that this is simply another social cycle, and we'll work our way out of it.

However, that by no means that we should excuse Millennials. Every well adjusted adult Millennial I know is fed up with their own age group.


Perhaps it's simply where I am in life, but I've yet to meet many maladjusted millennials. Nor have I met many where the state of the generation has come up in conversation, they've been too busy living their lives. I know it's easy to get caught up in online optics, but for anyone you disagree with to take you seriously, treat them like adults.
14787 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/10/16

qwueri wrote:


HolyDrumstick wrote:
However, that by no means that we should excuse Millennials. Every well adjusted adult Millennial I know is fed up with their own age group.


Perhaps it's simply where I am in life, but I've yet to meet many maladjusted millennials. Nor have I met many where the state of the generation has come up in conversation, they've been too busy living their lives. I know it's easy to get caught up in online optics, but for anyone you disagree with to take you seriously, treat them like adults.


And besides the Millennials were the ones not voting, because they were too busy being Cynical.
36022 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Georgia, USA
Online
Posted 11/10/16

Bowie-Sensei wrote:


It's not really lies. EVerything was based off of polls. Just because polls were wrong doesn't mean that they were lying, the ones being polled were. Have you heard of the shy tory factor? Basically, if someone feels like their position is socially unacceptable, they're less likely to speak up. This is also with the disparity in the brexit polls.


Shy voter did help Trump but I'm pretty sure the polls were just plain biased. They would oversample democrats in traditionally red states.

The media lies I'm talking about is more to do with the 24/7 smear campaign against Trump while either ignoring or covering for Clinton's doings.
3540 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / In a Yaoi Fanfic
Online
Posted 11/10/16 , edited 11/10/16

gotcha291 wrote:

I'm going to make this perfectly clear your living in the wrong country we are absolutely sick of people trying to force their PC on everyone and accept everything at every time.



I don't care about political correctness, I care about people not tolerating people being gay because it's just as stupid as hating people for being born black or born a woman.

10263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/10/16 , edited 11/10/16

uncletim wrote:

you mean like how you immediately blanket judge all millennials for the actions of a few?



It isn't a blanket judgment, it's a generalization, an acknowledgment of the majority... a conclusion reached not by witnessing a few, but living, learning, and working with these people for my entire life that most, though not all, have no fucking clue how special they are not.

Now, that's harsh, and that's mean, and it's not politically correct, and it IS a generalization because it acknowledges that majority. I have no apologies for that.

Now, if maybe I immediately judge an individual based on that, or alternatively, base an opinion of a group on what actually is NOT the majority, THEN it is problematic.
51326 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/10/16 , edited 11/10/16

Dogempire wrote:

I don't care about political correctness, I care about people not tolerating people being gay because it's just as stupid as hating people for being born black or born a woman.



I actually don't even mind gay people but when they try to push it at me and demand me to congratulate them for their choice. Never bothers me until they try to force me to be the same we also have rights.
17901 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / M / In
Offline
Posted 11/10/16

HolyDrumstick wrote:


uncletim wrote:

you mean like how you immediately blanket judge all millennials for the actions of a few?



It isn't a blanket judgment, it's a generalization, an acknowledgment of the majority... a conclusion reached not by witnessing a few, but living, learning, and working with these people for my entire life that most, though not all, have no fucking clue how special they are not.

Now, that's harsh, and that's mean, and it's not politically correct, and it IS a generalization because it acknowledges that majority. I have no apologies for that.

Now, if maybe I immediately judge an individual based on that, or alternatively, base an opinion of a group on what actually is NOT the majority, THEN it is problematic.

No it's what you ASSUME is the majority thru your own limited point of view
3540 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / In a Yaoi Fanfic
Online
Posted 11/10/16

gotcha291 wrote:

I actually don't even mind gay people but when they try to push it at me and demand me to congratulate them for their choice. Never bothers me until they try to force me to be the same we also have rights.



gotcha291 wrote:

That's neat and all but I swear if another gay guy hits on me I'm going to beat them just because you feel that way doesn't make it ok to try to force how to feel on everyone.


Pretty sure you worded that post so poorly you made it seem like you were going to beat someone up for flirting with you.

10263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/10/16 , edited 11/10/16

uncletim wrote:

No it's what you ASSUME is the majority thru your own limited point of view


Cool man.

I'm not going to argue anymore, because I'm assuming that's what you want.
4946 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Online
Posted 11/10/16

Dogempire wrote:


gotcha291 wrote:

I actually don't even mind gay people but when they try to push it at me and demand me to congratulate them for their choice. Never bothers me until they try to force me to be the same we also have rights.



gotcha291 wrote:

That's neat and all but I swear if another gay guy hits on me I'm going to beat them just because you feel that way doesn't make it ok to try to force how to feel on everyone.


Pretty sure you worded that post so poorly you made it seem like you were going to beat someone up for flirting with you.



I think that was his point.
10263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/10/16

Dogempire wrote:
Pretty sure you worded that post so poorly you made it seem like you were going to beat someone up for flirting with you.



Hey, man. It isn't worth it. Don't feed the troll, and all that.
3540 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / In a Yaoi Fanfic
Online
Posted 11/10/16

octorockandroll wrote:


Dogempire wrote:


gotcha291 wrote:

I actually don't even mind gay people but when they try to push it at me and demand me to congratulate them for their choice. Never bothers me until they try to force me to be the same we also have rights.



gotcha291 wrote:

That's neat and all but I swear if another gay guy hits on me I'm going to beat them just because you feel that way doesn't make it ok to try to force how to feel on everyone.


Pretty sure you worded that post so poorly you made it seem like you were going to beat someone up for flirting with you.



I think that was his point.


I don't even know anymore.



First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.