First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply Grubhub Boss tells pro-Trump employees to resign
236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 11/10/16 , edited 11/11/16

Ejanss wrote:


Rujikin wrote:
Phew, the hypocrisy is strong in this one. You are labeling all people that are Trump supporters as hateful people then creating a hostile/hateful environment for Trump supporters and discriminating against Trump supporters blatantly. If all Trump supporters were black you would be violating civil right laws.


I suspect they were preemptively trying to prevent incidents as happened to the USPS:
https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2016/11/10/usps-investigating-after-worker-allegedly-tells-man-back-your-country/b1A4CowPunvBDCOEk8CJHL/story.html

"Yeah, but that was just one guy, and he was probably a nut!"
Fine: Grubhub just put in place an official No-Nut policy.


That is assuming it even happened at all. How many false flags have we seen in incidents like this? There was a website dedicated just to hoaxes for incidents like this. It may have happened as well but there doesn't seen to be any proof, at least that is presented, and that article was dripping of contempt like a lot of other articles this election season from the media.
Ejanss 
16815 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/10/16 , edited 11/11/16

Rujikin wrote:
So what if you are a Trump supporter and you are scared or exposed? "Oh screw you your fired you intolerant, racist bigot". So he is screwing Trump supporters and only allowing people he APPROVES of to have a better life while Trump supporters are treated like garbage... Reminds me of Germany in the 1930's.


So what are you going to do if you're "persecuted" for supporting Trump when the popularity didn't happen, and all the big contract promises blow up or go under by '18-'19?
Say you were just following orders as a good party supporter? Say he only promised hope, change and national pride but you never expected it to get to this point? Say that other supporters were doing even worse things than you were, so it was okay? Say that you thought they were only making trouble and didn't take him seriously at first, but went along because you thought you were supposed to?

(Uh, tried that. Didn't go through in court.)
8926 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Palm Coast, Florida
Offline
Posted 11/10/16 , edited 11/11/16
Silly leftists and liberals back at it again.
39161 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 11/10/16 , edited 11/11/16

Ejanss wrote:


Rujikin wrote:
Phew, the hypocrisy is strong in this one. You are labeling all people that are Trump supporters as hateful people then creating a hostile/hateful environment for Trump supporters and discriminating against Trump supporters blatantly. If all Trump supporters were black you would be violating civil right laws.


I suspect they were preemptively trying to prevent incidents as happened to the USPS:
https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2016/11/10/usps-investigating-after-worker-allegedly-tells-man-back-your-country/b1A4CowPunvBDCOEk8CJHL/story.html

"Yeah, but that was just one guy, and he was probably a nut!"
Fine: Grubhub just put in place an official No-Nut policy.


From the article:


“It’s incredibly alarming,” said Katz, who shared on Twitter a picture of the complaint he filed with the USPS. “Just one day after the election and you see this kind of stuff. It’s very disturbing. I would not have expected to see it in Cambridge — and so visibly.”


I wonder if he felt just as devastated at all of the pro Hillary supporters burning cars, and trash cans, blocking traffic and causing general mayhem - all across the United States vs this lone Trump supporter (if this really happened)?
18652 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Los Angeles
Offline
Posted 11/10/16

Rujikin wrote:

This... This is just sickening. A company discriminating against a group of people and saying its to stop discrimination against groups of people...

https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/comments/5cbcgi/grubhub_boss_tells_protrump_employees_to_resign/



The CEO of Grubhub, an online food delivery service, sent a company wide email Wednesday suggesting employees who agree with President-elect Donald Trump’s behaviors and his campaign rhetoric should resign.

“If you do not agree with this statement then please reply to this email with your resignation because you have no place here,” wrote Matt Maloney, Co-Founder of Grubhub. “We do not tolerate hateful attitudes on our team."

“I absolutely reject the nationalist, anti-immigrant and hateful politics of Donald Trump and will work to shield our community from this movement as best as I can,” Maloney wrote about Trump’s supporters.

“I want to reaffirm to anyone on our team that is scared or feels personally exposed, that I and everyone else here at Grubhub will fight for your dignity and your right to make a better life for yourself and your family here in the United States.”

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/11/10/boss-tells-pro-trump-employees-to-resign.html

https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/comments/5cbcgi/grubhub_boss_tells_protrump_employees_to_resign/


Phew, the hypocrisy is strong in this one. You are labeling all people that are Trump supporters as hateful people then creating a hostile/hateful environment for Trump supporters and discriminating against Trump supporters blatantly. If all Trump supporters were black you would be violating civil right laws.

So you want to create a safe space, for intolerant discriminating Hillary supporters... Wow South Park was right: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXQkXXBqj_U

So what if you are a Trump supporter and you are scared or exposed? "Oh screw you your fired you intolerant, racist bigot". So he is screwing Trump supporters and only allowing people he APPROVES of to have a better life while Trump supporters are treated like garbage... Reminds me of Germany in the 1930's.

And people say Trump is Hitler... He doesn't fire people because they voted for Hillary and TOLERATES them like a true American would!


Well, it seem I wont be using GrubHub anymore. Eat24 here I come!
18652 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Los Angeles
Offline
Posted 11/10/16

Rujikin
So you want to create a safe space, for intolerant discriminating Hillary supporters... Wow South Park was right: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXQkXXBqj_U


I got a safe space. It's called a bunker stocked with ammo
33234 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / Inside your compu...
Offline
Posted 11/11/16 , edited 11/11/16
Well, the company email itself doesn't explicitly say so

But, it does call into question the attitude of something like "I won't let you say anything to the contrary in a discussion"
Ejanss 
16815 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/11/16 , edited 11/11/16
Now, now, it can't be a Persecution Complex without persecution, can it?
Posted 11/11/16 , edited 11/11/16
It's sickening and discriminating to fire employees for supporting Oompa Loompa, but it's not sickening or discriminating to ban Muslims from immigrating to USA.
Oompa Loomp fans are really stupid and hypocritical.
236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 11/11/16 , edited 11/11/16

NyxUlric wrote:

It's sickening and discriminating to fire employees for supporting Oompa Loompa, but it's not sickening or discriminating to ban Muslims from immigrating to USA.
Oompa Loomp fans are really stupid and hypocritical.


Well first it isn't implied that he wast going to fire them. More likely he was just going to be hostile and try to bully them to quit. Secondly you can't deny that the Middle East is a den of extremist activity. I will admit that an overall ban of everybody from the Middle East is overkill and will also hurt those who are not terrorists. However being more critical of people coming into the USA from areas that have all of these issues isn't bigoted it is self-preservation. Just go ask Western Europe how the unabated immigration from the Middle East worked out for them and the myriad of attacks that they now suffer all too regularly.
Posted 11/11/16 , edited 11/11/16

EvilSanta482 wrote:


NyxUlric wrote:

It's sickening and discriminating to fire employees for supporting Oompa Loompa, but it's not sickening or discriminating to ban Muslims from immigrating to USA.
Oompa Loomp fans are really stupid and hypocritical.


Well first it isn't implied that he wast going to fire them. More likely he was just going to be hostile and try to bully them to quit. Secondly you can't deny that the Middle East is a den of extremist activity. I will admit that an overall ban of everybody from the Middle East is overkill and will also hurt those who are not terrorists. However being more critical of people coming into the USA from areas that have all of these issues isn't bigoted it is self-preservation. Just go ask Western Europe how the unabated immigration from the Middle East worked out for them and the myriad of attacks that they now suffer all too regularly.


But are muslims the one who go into schools, movie theatres, shopping malls to perform massacre? Or is it americans?
Does this gives other countries the right to forbid americans from entering their countries? Your example and reasoning are stupid.
Posted 11/11/16

NyxUlric wrote:

It's sickening and discriminating to fire employees for supporting Oompa Loompa, but it's not sickening or discriminating to ban Muslims from immigrating to USA.
Oompa Loomp fans are really stupid and hypocritical.


Off-Topic:

Keep in mind that Trump removed these things from his platform - he's not deporting or banning Muslims from America. It was on his website up until about two weeks before the election. He's removed it as well as a few other immigration tactics (including getting rid of all of the "illegal immigrants").

Theory: These were just things to be said to convince the conservatives to vote for him.

For those who think that the conservatives wouldn't have done this as well: I do think you're a little misguided. Both sides would have broken out in some type of rioting for a few days after the election. The tension was far too high and both sides were equally "triggered" by the election. The only difference is that the Democrats claimed that they'd be "okay" regardless of the winner because they were certain that Clinton was going to win. Trump supporters would have taken the streets and rioted because the "system is rigged" if Trump didn't win.

TL;DR: Both sides are a bunch of whiny bastards.


----

On-Topic:

I don't really agree with the logic behind focusing on those who voted for Trump. If the CEO wants to go on a firing spree, he should focus on the 46.6% of eligible American voters who simply didn't vote. Not to say that this would have prevented Trump from winning but it was definitely not helpful to simply skip out on voting altogether. When it comes down to it, only 0.1% more of those who voted had voted for Trump - it's the massive 46.6% who didn't vote at all who could have shifted this differently.

Ultimately, I think people are taking the results of this election a bit too seriously. The conservatives think that Trump will fix the corruption (he won't) and the liberals think that Trump will cause America to lose all of the progressive momentum that has been gained for social equality (probably won't be as bad as they're thinking). All-in-all, it's just another President. I will say that the national debt will increase and our USD will continue to lose value before Trump leaves the office (that's how it goes with every President in the last two decades).

People need to calm the hell out and just accept that this is the reality they have to deal with for another four years, like it or not. I'm not keen on Trump because of his stances on social topics; however, people fail to remember that Trump is far more liberal than what he claimed during his campaign. I only worry about marriage equality and anti-abortion laws that could be changed under a Republican government (not necessarily Trump alone).

180 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / MI
Offline
Posted 11/11/16
Imagine if it was the other way around.... Politics have no room whatsoever in the work place. The workplace is for work.
Posted 11/11/16

NyxUlric wrote:


But are muslims the one who go into schools, movie theatres, shopping malls to perform massacre? Or is it americans?
Does this gives other countries the right to forbid americans from entering their countries? Your example and reasoning are stupid.


I wish CR didn't have a no gore allowed policy otherwise you'd be getting pictures of what just moderate muslims do.

Also Trump never said he'd 'ban all muslims'. He wants to temporarily ban immigration from terror torn countries and do 'extreme' vetting on any refugees we take in. Not that it matters because all it takes for a terror attack to happen is a regular 'moderate' muslim to want to martyr himself to cleanse his sins like Omar Mateen did.
Posted 11/11/16 , edited 11/11/16

ninjitsuko wrote:
The only difference is that the Democrats claimed that they'd be "okay" regardless of the winner because they were certain that Clinton was going to win.
TL;DR: Both sides are a bunch of whiny bastards.



Not true. A lot of people were claiming to move out of USA if Trump were elected, so no, not all of us were confident that Hillary was going to win.

Fighting for what is right is not whining. I guess you want us to live like N. Korea or the Nazi regime where nobody can say anything. If anything, it's the people who tries to "calm" everyone that are the most dangerous because they don't want to voice their opinion and are lazy to speak up against a tyrant.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.