First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply Grubhub Boss tells pro-Trump employees to resign
14767 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 26 days ago , edited 26 days ago

Rujikin wrote:

Some of these people are completely incapable of rational and critical thought. Its sad they are in willful ignorance and any attempt to pull them out results in a mental breakdown. They have to live in their little safe zone to be able to function.... They really need help...


Basically--and I've been saying this since early summer--Trump supporters have been the political equivalent, almost to the ninth decimal place, of DC Comics fanboys who refuse to allow the press or Internet conversation to make any "propagandic" mention that Batman v. Superman was a bad film, or that Warner lost money on it, that Zack Snyder does not have a firm career at the studio anymore, or that Suicide Squad was the last nail in the coffin.
Not simply because they had such cult-of-personality respect for Snyder...but because they believed that if their wish came true, things would HAPPEN: We'd get the Wonder Woman movie, and the Justice League Movie, and then the world would be that much cooler for them, and people wouldn't laugh at them anymore.
Certainly not those critics in the media who kept loving those overpaid Disney/Marvel movies (just a bunch of wisecracking comedies for babies, they can't handle the real dark issues of the world!), and wouldn't shut up about how much money they made, since they had probably all been bribed by Disney!--It's time to take the big-studio money out of the corporate propaganda machine, and make things better for real films!
What we're seeing now in the country is the political equivalent of what would have happened if the Batman movie had actually made money.

On my blog (http://movieactivist.blogspot.com/2016/09/september-5-2016-massacre-of-summer-16.html), I even DIRECTLY compared the short-lived "Shut down RottenTomatoes!" movement after Squad flopped, and the idea for DC fans to try and sway the national conscience to "Movie critics are out of touch with today's society!--It's time for fans to take over and throw out the elite!" to the equivalent angry-wishfulness of Trump supporters.
As the old joke goes, "All you need for a madhouse is a big enough room and the right kind of people." And for a movement, you need people to be angry that they think someone is picking on them...
1566 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 26 days ago , edited 26 days ago
i didn't know about this company

so the kettle is calling the pot black situation again

looks like a racist/fascist or whatever names he used against 50% of the population of this country

i'm not sure if he realized that the minorities also voted for Trump..


the company yelp page is under clean up alert
https://www.yelp.com/biz/grub-hub-chicago-4

facebook and twitter pages not looking so great
https://www.facebook.com/grubhub
https://twitter.com/Grubhub/status/796864026198282241

stock is in free fall too..


so refuse selling a cake to gay is a no no

but sending threat emails and making the workplace a hostile place to work at is ok ?

the company should be sued for workplace discrimination-- pretty sure there are laws protect people from this type of discrimination

these extremists are starting to create their own little nation of sort here

maybe the HR of this company probably added an additional question to ask their potential hires in the future

first and foremost

1- Are you a Trump supporter?

if the answer is yes..

we are sorry we can not hire you.. because you are a racist/fascist.. blah blah

at Grubhub we are the racists and fascists as well but it's a ok.. since we didn't vote or support Trump so we are the exceptional kind of racists and fascists

having a hypocrite as a CEO is unfortunate for this company

smart businessmen should keep politics out of the workplace

wait for the lawsuits--
Posted 26 days ago

Dogempire wrote:
https://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/29288433.jpg
Kind of funny how you can't see your own bias.


What exactly is my bias? Because I think banning all muslims from immigrating to USA is racist, I'm biased?
Because I'm pointing out that white people or christians are involved in mass crimes just as much as anyone, I'm biased? Why is it biased to present a different point of view?

Why are you defending racists?
3376 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / In a Yaoi Fanfic
Offline
Posted 26 days ago

NyxUlric wrote:


Dogempire wrote:
https://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/29288433.jpg
Kind of funny how you can't see your own bias.


What exactly is my bias? Because I think banning all muslims from immigrating to USA is racist, I'm biased?
Because I'm pointing out that white people or christians are involved in mass crimes just as much as anyone, I'm biased? Why is it biased to present a different point of view?

Why are you defending racists?


You should read your own posts, it's (mostly) not the ideas you present but the way you present then that makes you biased. It's easy to see how much hatred you have for the other side.

I mean everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but it's plain obvious how much you hate Trump.
6992 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Earth
Offline
Posted 26 days ago
It's ok to get rid of employees based on their political views, but god help a baker that doesn't want to make a cake for a gay wedding because it's against his/her beliefs. What a wacky world we live in.
14767 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 26 days ago , edited 26 days ago

Xxanthar wrote:

It's ok to get rid of employees based on their political views, but god help a baker that doesn't want to make a cake for a gay wedding because it's against his/her beliefs. What a wacky world we live in.


Exactly, a government worker who doesn't want to issue a gay-marriage certificate should be treated exactly and fairly the same as a government employee who tells Muslim clients to "get out of my president's country". No preference.
6992 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Earth
Offline
Posted 26 days ago

Ejanss wrote:


Xxanthar wrote:

It's ok to get rid of employees based on their political views, but god help a baker that doesn't want to make a cake for a gay wedding because it's against his/her beliefs. What a wacky world we live in.


Exactly, a government worker who doesn't want to issue a gay-marriage certificate should be treated exactly and fairly the same as a government employee who tells Muslim clients to "get out of my president's country". No preference.


The borders need to be closed to all immigrants until we figure out just who the millions are that Obama let break the law and invade our country. We need to deport the illegals and then we can let immigration flow once again in a LAWFUL way.
16789 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hoosierville
Offline
Posted 26 days ago , edited 26 days ago

Ejanss wrote:


Rujikin wrote:

Some of these people are completely incapable of rational and critical thought. Its sad they are in willful ignorance and any attempt to pull them out results in a mental breakdown. They have to live in their little safe zone to be able to function.... They really need help...


Basically--and I've been saying this since early summer--Trump supporters have been the political equivalent, almost to the ninth decimal place, of DC Comics fanboys who refuse to allow the press or Internet conversation to make any "propagandic" mention that Batman v. Superman was a bad film, or that Warner lost money on it, that Zack Snyder does not have a firm career at the studio anymore, or that Suicide Squad was the last nail in the coffin.
Not simply because they had such cult-of-personality respect for Snyder...but because they believed that if their wish came true, things would HAPPEN: We'd get the Wonder Woman movie, and the Justice League Movie, and then the world would be that much cooler for them, and people wouldn't laugh at them anymore.
Certainly not those critics in the media who kept loving those overpaid Disney/Marvel movies (just a bunch of wisecracking comedies for babies, they can't handle the real dark issues of the world!), and wouldn't shut up about how much money they made, since they had probably all been bribed by Disney!--It's time to take the big-studio money out of the corporate propaganda machine, and make things better for real films!
What we're seeing now in the country is the political equivalent of what would have happened if the Batman movie had actually made money.

On my blog (http://movieactivist.blogspot.com/2016/09/september-5-2016-massacre-of-summer-16.html), I even DIRECTLY compared the short-lived "Shut down RottenTomatoes!" movement after Squad flopped, and the idea for DC fans to try and sway the national conscience to "Movie critics are out of touch with today's society!--It's time for fans to take over and throw out the elite!" to the equivalent angry-wishfulness of Trump supporters.
As the old joke goes, "All you need for a madhouse is a big enough room and the right kind of people." And for a movement, you need people to be angry that they think someone is picking on them...


What the hell are you talking about? I don't get it.


14767 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 26 days ago , edited 26 days ago


Ejanss wrote:


Rujikin wrote:

Some of these people are completely incapable of rational and critical thought. Its sad they are in willful ignorance and any attempt to pull them out results in a mental breakdown. They have to live in their little safe zone to be able to function.... They really need help...


Basically--and I've been saying this since early summer--Trump supporters have been the political equivalent, almost to the ninth decimal place, of DC Comics fanboys who refuse to allow the press or Internet conversation to make any "propagandic" mention that Batman v. Superman was a bad film, or that Warner lost money on it, that Zack Snyder does not have a firm career at the studio anymore, or that Suicide Squad was the last nail in the coffin.
Not simply because they had such cult-of-personality respect for Snyder...but because they believed that if their wish came true, things would HAPPEN: We'd get the Wonder Woman movie, and the Justice League Movie, and then the world would be that much cooler for them, and people wouldn't laugh at them anymore.
Certainly not those critics in the media who kept loving those overpaid Disney/Marvel movies (just a bunch of wisecracking comedies for babies, they can't handle the real dark issues of the world!), and wouldn't shut up about how much money they made, since they had probably all been bribed by Disney!--It's time to take the big-studio money out of the corporate propaganda machine, and make things better for real films!
What we're seeing now in the country is the political equivalent of what would have happened if the Batman movie had actually made money.

On my blog (http://movieactivist.blogspot.com/2016/09/september-5-2016-massacre-of-summer-16.html), I even DIRECTLY compared the short-lived "Shut down RottenTomatoes!" movement after Squad flopped, and the idea for DC fans to try and sway the national conscience to "Movie critics are out of touch with today's society!--It's time for fans to take over and throw out the elite!" to the equivalent angry-wishfulness of Trump supporters.
As the old joke goes, "All you need for a madhouse is a big enough room and the right kind of people." And for a movement, you need people to be angry that they think someone is picking on them...


Well,hat the hell are you talking about? I don't get it.


Well, got the wrong context for the reply, but as for "Trump is going to save the country, that's why I voted and why he won, and we should shut down the more unfair news media outlets with their bias saying he's icky and racist!"...

...Does THIS sound like anybody you know? And I don't mean about the movies:
http://www.cinemablend.com/news/1541290/how-some-dc-fans-are-responding-to-the-negative-suicide-squad-reviews

(And again, that was after the movie flopped. Suppose we'd had a DC movie actually become a hit and validate them...)
158 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 26 days ago

NyxUlric wrote:


Amyas_Leigh wrote:
I wish CR didn't have a no gore allowed policy otherwise you'd be getting pictures of what just moderate muslims do.

Also Trump never said he'd 'ban all muslims'. He wants to temporarily ban immigration from terror torn countries and do 'extreme' vetting on any refugees we take in. Not that it matters because all it takes for a terror attack to happen is a regular 'moderate' muslim to want to martyr himself to cleanse his sins like Omar Mateen did.


Gotta love how you completely ignored the point of my rhetoric, and went on to say your usual racist rant.


Muslims are a term for people who follow Islam which is a religion not a race therefore you cannot be racist towards an idea as religions are ideologies. This has nothing to do with race or even religion is has to do with stopping attacks form happening in the USA. The examples in many of your post are non sequitur and don't make much sense. The person didn't ignore your point as you never made one and just ignored theirs. I am going to leave it at that as I don't believe that you will listen to this as you will just write me off as a (insert buzzword here) and move on. If that is not the case then think about what you just for a moment and what the other person said instead of just calling everything racist for a change.
19563 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / NYC Metro Area
Online
Posted 26 days ago
Mixing politics and business is always a losing proposition.
Heck, I avoid political debates at work for the same reason.
95 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 26 days ago
This isn't anything new. People get fired or forced to quit for "misconduct at work" or "violation of company policy" for political things like this all the time.
37395 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Online
Posted 26 days ago , edited 26 days ago

kevz_210 wrote:

Mixing politics and business is always a losing proposition.
Heck, I avoid political debates at work for the same reason.


I remember, back i the 1990's a very popular candy store in Los Angeles on 3rd Street. There was some big deal going on, in those days, and the big argument then was about abortion rights. I remember that people were always coming and going into that shop. It was a place that made hand crafted chocolates and candies, right on the premises.

The owner of the store hung up a pro abortion rights poster. Then over a period of weeks the customers dried up. Months went by, and then finally, the shop closed its doors. It was so sad. I drove past that store, to and from my job, so I remember watching the decline of her business over time. I was sad for her.

EDIT:

However, what that Grubhub guy did was hateful, and divisive. I don't feel sad for him, but I feel sad for his employees. He was proud that 20% percent of his employees thanked him. Did he ever concider that the remaining 80% either voted for trump or thought he was an ass?

Is Grubhub still in business?
19563 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / NYC Metro Area
Online
Posted 26 days ago , edited 25 days ago

DeadlyOats wrote:


kevz_210 wrote:

Mixing politics and business is always a losing proposition.
Heck, I avoid political debates at work for the same reason.


I remember, back i the 1990's a very popular candy store in Los Angeles on 3rd Street. There was some big deal going on, in those days, and the big argument then was about abortion rights. I remember that people were always coming and going into that shop. It was a place that made hand crafted chocolates and candies, right on the premises.

The owner of the store hung up a pro abortion rights poster. Then over a period of weeks the customers dried up. Months went by, and then finally, the shop closed its doors. It was so sad. I drove past that store, to and from my job, so I remember watching the decline of her business over time. I was sad for her.

EDIT:

However, what that Grubhub guy did was hateful, and divisive. I don't feel sad for him, but I feel sad for his employees. He was proud that 20% percent of his employees thanked him. Did he ever concider that the remaining 80% either voted for trump or thought he was an ass?

Is Grubhub still in business?


It's just like some idiots on my fb friends list that say if you support him you should unfriend them.

Then I go ahead to do so and they say, oh no I didn't really mean it.

Look, I have a lot of friends that are polar opposites politically. You know what we do? We debate our differences over drinks, agree to disagree and go back to hanging out doing whatever we do. If you only want to live a life around liked-minded people you are going to have a closed mind and a very dull life.
41687 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 25 days ago
Okay, I'll admit that I can't fucking stand the Oopma Loompa, but yeah, that's kinda irrational.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.