First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Post Reply Why did you vote for Trump?
9606 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Imoutoland!
Offline
Posted 28 days ago , edited 26 days ago
Well, he is pretty progressive on LGBT rights. I mean, that Jenner comment was out of left field.. Can't say the same for Pence, but I doubt he'll get much to say in all honesty.
24279 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 28 days ago , edited 28 days ago

Yorutenchi wrote:


MysticGon wrote:


Yorutenchi wrote:


MysticGon wrote:

I voted for Trump because of the Supreme Court.

Abortion is a big issue for me and I'd very much like to see Roe v Wade overturned. Even if he was lying about pro-life judges for me the choice was easy because Hillary was pro-choice.

On a lesser note, with D.C., Wall Street, Hollywood, the news and music industries clearly favoring Clinton and her scheming ways I thought of my vote as a middle finger. To them and anyone who says "well that's just the way things are done" when excusing their tactics.


Just as a personal question did it factor in for you that they might overturn Obergefell v. Hodges far easier than Roe v. Wade? Is that a bonus or a necessary evil in your eyes?


I don't think any judge would want to be responsible for having couples fork over their marriage certificates and change tax statutes. Just like I'm not afraid of anyone losing the right to vote as a result of a conservative court.


Why do you not believe that when Pence stated that it was one of his primary goals in the election? Bluffs? I mean yes or no doesn't change my opinion I'm just wondering how you square it. You believe he will get done what you want done and don't believe he'll do the other stuff you don't agree with? If so then that is up to you. I am just attempting to understand.

I understand people who voted for Trump who are not concerned with that liberal nonsense. I understand their thought process. I don't agree with it. I understand most people who voted for HIllary. Again I don't agree but I understand. I do not understand the lukewarm centrists and independents that voted for him despite supporting marriage equality. The only thing I can come up with is that in the booth they just said "fuck it"


Here is the what the republican party thinks of the ruling.



https://www.gop.com/the-2016-republican-party-platform/

You are right there is a very real risk of same-sex marriage going back to a state by state fight. Trump shares the same thoughts...

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/trump-same-sex-marriage-i-can-see-changes-coming-down-line-frankly

So a overturn could happen. Will it? Don't know. Do I consider as important as Roe v Wade? Not even close.
1194 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25
Offline
Posted 28 days ago , edited 28 days ago

MysticGon wrote:


Yorutenchi wrote:


MysticGon wrote:


Yorutenchi wrote:


MysticGon wrote:

I voted for Trump because of the Supreme Court.

Abortion is a big issue for me and I'd very much like to see Roe v Wade overturned. Even if he was lying about pro-life judges for me the choice was easy because Hillary was pro-choice.

On a lesser note, with D.C., Wall Street, Hollywood, the news and music industries clearly favoring Clinton and her scheming ways I thought of my vote as a middle finger. To them and anyone who says "well that's just the way things are done" when excusing their tactics.


Just as a personal question did it factor in for you that they might overturn Obergefell v. Hodges far easier than Roe v. Wade? Is that a bonus or a necessary evil in your eyes?


I don't think any judge would want to be responsible for having couples fork over their marriage certificates and change tax statutes. Just like I'm not afraid of anyone losing the right to vote as a result of a conservative court.


Why do you not believe that when Pence stated that it was one of his primary goals in the election? Bluffs? I mean yes or no doesn't change my opinion I'm just wondering how you square it. You believe he will get done what you want done and don't believe he'll do the other stuff you don't agree with? If so then that is up to you. I am just attempting to understand.

I understand people who voted for Trump who are not concerned with that liberal nonsense. I understand their thought process. I don't agree with it. I understand most people who voted for HIllary. Again I don't agree but I understand. I do not understand the lukewarm centrists and independents that voted for him despite supporting marriage equality. The only thing I can come up with is that in the booth they just said "fuck it"


Here is the what the republican party thinks of the ruling.



https://prod-static-ngop-pbl.s3.amazonaws.com/media/documents/DRAFT_12_FINAL[1]-ben_1468872234.pdf

You are right there is a very real risk of same-sex marriage going back to a state by state fight. Trump shares the same thoughts...

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/trump-same-sex-marriage-i-can-see-changes-coming-down-line-frankly

So a overturn could happen. Will it? Don't know. Do I consider as important as Roe v Wade? Not even close.


Thank you for the honest answer.
17893 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / M / In
Offline
Posted 28 days ago

PeripheralVisionary wrote:

Well, he is pretty progressive on LGBT rights. I mean, that Jenner comment was out of left field.. Can't say the same for Pence, but I doubt he'll get much to say in all honesty.

I am sure the camps will open soon and the pink triangles will become mandatory
8653 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Pennsylvania
Offline
Posted 28 days ago

dragontackle wrote:

Voted for Trump to effectively put an end to the era of the SJW and the regressive left. Their tears have been delicious


Thats kinda like saying Obama being president made all the racist people stop being racist and disappear O-o
17457 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 28 days ago , edited 28 days ago
voted for trump to give america its balls back among other reasons that people have already posted
1035 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Somewhere Drinking
Offline
Posted 28 days ago

Em0SceneStabr wrote:


dragontackle wrote:

Voted for Trump to effectively put an end to the era of the SJW and the regressive left. Their tears have been delicious


Thats kinda like saying Obama being president made all the racist people stop being racist and disappear O-o


Funny thing is that some people actually believed in that nonsense back in 2008.
42891 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 28 days ago
I Didn't vote for Trump.

I voted for Jill Stein, with the hope of getting the Green party to 5% of the popular vote, so the could get federal funding. I'm from Maryland, which I knew would go heavily for Clinton, making it safe for me to vote for Stein.

In the Primaries I voted for Bernie Sanders. Bernie Sanders would not have lost the "Blue Wall" states that Hillary did, and would probably have gotten all the states Hillary won as well. In other words, he would have won, Elizabeth Warren or Tulsi Gabbard would have won as well, Heck, anyone other than Hillary probably would have won against Trump. I think the Democrats are going to end up going back to New Deal politics, now that their Neo-Liberal leader lost.
6622 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Palm Coast, Florida
Offline
Posted 28 days ago
Because he wants to make better relations with Russia. Don't want a third world war.
3524 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / In a Yaoi Fanfic
Offline
Posted 28 days ago
I didn't vote because my state is extremely conservative, Trump won 67% of the popular vote.

That being said I'm fine with Trump being president as long as he doesn't take away any LGBT rights or do anything to cause more oppression of LGBT people. (Something really dumb like making gay conversion therapy mandatory.

The future is unclear, but eh, maybe in 2 years we'll get more democrats in congress to keep Trump in check.
1807 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 28 days ago
Gun rights
Not allowing partial birth abortions (I'm fine with choosing an abortion if its done within the first trimester)
Coal
Not opening the boarders (If you want to live here then apply to be a citizen and be loyal to the US)
I can't stand Hillary's voice, would have hated having to listen to her speak for the next 8 years.
Pence was a much better candidate than Kaine for VP
Trump isn't in bed with a bunch of lobbyists, to whom he has to fulfill campaign promises to and pass certain things for them.
Overall he is a very successful businessman, maybe he can actually run this country more efficiently and reduce debt.
He's not for this stupid political correctness and forcing people to accept everyone's way of life. You do what you do, just don't try to force it down my throat.

HE STANDS FOR AMERICA NOT THE WORLD/GLOBALIST.
runec 
28334 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 28 days ago

MysticGon wrote:
I don't think any judge would want to be responsible for having couples fork over their marriage certificates and change tax statutes. Just like I'm not afraid of anyone losing the right to vote as a result of a conservative court.


But rolling back a constitutional right is totally fine? -.-


585 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F
Offline
Posted 28 days ago

MysticGon wrote:

I voted for Trump because of the Supreme Court.

Abortion is a big issue for me and I'd very much like to see Roe v Wade overturned. Even if he was lying about pro-life judges for me the choice was easy because Hillary was pro-choice.

On a lesser note, with D.C., Wall Street, Hollywood, the news and music industries clearly favoring Clinton and her scheming ways I thought of my vote as a middle finger. To them and anyone who says "well that's just the way things are done" when excusing their tactics.


You do know that even if abortion is banned, people will still have them (just in unsafe conditions). And those who are unwilling/unable to have an illegal abortion will either give up their unwanted child to adoption (which can be traumatizing) or (due to social or family pressure) keep the child themselves (which might result in the parent resenting their child and possibly becoming abusive towards it, especially if they got pregnant due to rape). While I have mixed feelings about abortion myself, I do think that while abortion for reasons other than rape, incest, or medical issues should be discouraged, it should not be outright banned. That is why Roe v Wade should not be overturned. And of course, abortion due to rape, incest, and medical issues (such as the mother possibly getting paralysis or even dying due to carrying and/or giving birth to a child) should always be allowed.

585 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F
Offline
Posted 28 days ago

Dogempire wrote:

I didn't vote because my state is extremely conservative, Trump won 67% of the popular vote.

That being said I'm fine with Trump being president as long as he doesn't take away any LGBT rights or do anything to cause more oppression of LGBT people. (Something really dumb like making gay conversion therapy mandatory.

The future is unclear, but eh, maybe in 2 years we'll get more democrats in congress to keep Trump in check.


From what I hear, it's not so much as Trump that you have to worry about as far as LGBT rights are concerned. Rather, it is the vice president, Pence, that you should be worried about. Of course, there is the possibility that Trump could become Pence's puppet (let's hope that not the case).

1509 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / North
Offline
Posted 28 days ago , edited 28 days ago
I was always on the Trump Train ever since he announced he was running

I liked his immigration policy for illegals in the country.



For these reasons too:

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.