First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Post Reply Why did you vote for Trump?
59112 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
64 / M
Offline
Posted 28 days ago
I had a cousin who worked in the ER before Roe v Wade. She would tell us of all the botched abortions horrers that came through at the time. It was not pretty. The only way to prevent that is Roe v Wade.
55650 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 28 days ago
Anti-Establishment here. I would've voted for Bernie over Trump, maybe. Johnson was my first pick.

I'd even put Stein over Hillary. Notice its not Jill over Clinton. Little subtle hint for how they were fishing for votes.

And the wa the left has gone about suppressing and attacking any Pro-Trump voices made it clear to me he had to win, because if those censorial voices had another 4 years there'd possibly be no way back to the middle.

The last post on the 1st page calls the OP a 'fucking monster' for his personal beliefs.


Also isn't this great? Russia and Syria want to talk it out with Trump now. the TPP is pretty much canceled. Trudeau is welcoming Trump and to redo NAFTA. Trump has done more for the country in 3 days of being President-Elect! Meanwhile everyone from a Blue city are smashing their nieghbor's windows. The countryside voted for him. If you're any bit honest go burn down the countryside. Even in blue states the suburbs and rural areas were heavily Trump.
10263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 28 days ago , edited 28 days ago
I did not vote for Trump or for Hillary. I didn't need to, because I'm from Texas, and our shit was locked in from day one.

However, I'm most looking forward to economic changes.

A lot of people don't know this, but the booming economy of the 90s had NOTHING to do with Bill Clinton, and everything to do with policies from the Reagan administration that were picking up steam with the economy into the 90s.

My point being, if you actually know what you're looking at and talking about when it comes to economics, our best chance to stop our economic suck is Trump.

Now, I also know that he was largely painted into a man he really is not for a good portion of the campaign. Truth be told, he was a Dem for most of his life, and is pretty liberal in that area. He was portrayed as a bigot but that simply isn't true, and his history pre-campaign is evidence of that.

As far as LGBT rights go, the only thing I think he'll change is the bathroom business, which I still think actually does need a closer examination. I think the current policy is stupid. Everything else is fine.

Yes, he is big on immigration, but it isn't immigrants that are the problem, but illegal immigrants. If you really support illegal immigration, you have no idea how bad it fucks up our nation.

Meanwhile, my other option was corrupt Hillary, who I knew would continue down our path to economic ruin, according to all I know of economics (Which I actually did study a bit in college). I knew she was also going to let the bathroom policy issue go as is (look, I simply think it needs to be changed to post-op transgender people ONLY. It's about anatomy, not what gender they identify with). I knew we were going to continue shelling out money for welfare that is less a hand-up and more a hand-out (I see no problem with people getting help from the government, but when that help keeps you in your situation, rather than helping people become self-sustaining, there's a problem).

I don't know. To me, I honestly just felt like Hillary was going to be more of the same, and couldn't vote for her. I could not make myself. Trump, I chose not to vote for, because I knew the state of Texas was going to lock him in anyway, and I didn't feel like I wanted my stamp of approval on him.

But, now we have Trump, so these are the things I hope for.
9606 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Imoutoland!
Offline
Posted 28 days ago

uncletim wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

Well, he is pretty progressive on LGBT rights. I mean, that Jenner comment was out of left field.. Can't say the same for Pence, but I doubt he'll get much to say in all honesty.

I am sure the camps will open soon and the pink triangles will become mandatory


Don't be such a square.
17893 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / M / In
Offline
Posted 28 days ago

PeripheralVisionary wrote:


uncletim wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

Well, he is pretty progressive on LGBT rights. I mean, that Jenner comment was out of left field.. Can't say the same for Pence, but I doubt he'll get much to say in all honesty.

I am sure the camps will open soon and the pink triangles will become mandatory


Don't be such a square.

you say square I say realest

680 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 28 days ago , edited 28 days ago

Dogempire wrote:

I didn't vote because my state is extremely conservative, Trump won 67% of the popular vote.

That being said I'm fine with Trump being president as long as he doesn't take away any LGBT rights or do anything to cause more oppression of LGBT people. (Something really dumb like making gay conversion therapy mandatory.

The future is unclear, but eh, maybe in 2 years we'll get more democrats in congress to keep Trump in check.


Pence, the vice-president, is the one who wants gay conversion therapy. Not Trump.

Trump even said that he wanted to test Muslims on gay equality, those who are against gays can not enter the country.

I hope he does that, although anyone can lie in a test, it shows that he cares for the rights of gay people.


Anyway, I didn't vote for Trump or Hillary but I'm quite content with having Trump as a president. I don't want to open our borders to refugees after what happened to Europe. That people don't assimilate, their mentality and culture (especially their religion) don't belong in America.



9606 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Imoutoland!
Offline
Posted 28 days ago , edited 28 days ago

uncletim wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:


uncletim wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

Well, he is pretty progressive on LGBT rights. I mean, that Jenner comment was out of left field.. Can't say the same for Pence, but I doubt he'll get much to say in all honesty.

I am sure the camps will open soon and the pink triangles will become mandatory


Don't be such a square.

you say square I say realest



I was making a pun, but is Mike Pence really that bad? I haven't researched him too much. While his state did experience an economic resurgence, the percentage was roughly in line with national growth.

Gay conversion camps and such should be all means be illegal. It is based on shitty pseudoscience, doesn't work, and can cause irreparable harm.
17893 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / M / In
Offline
Posted 28 days ago

PeripheralVisionary wrote:


uncletim wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:


uncletim wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

Well, he is pretty progressive on LGBT rights. I mean, that Jenner comment was out of left field.. Can't say the same for Pence, but I doubt he'll get much to say in all honesty.

I am sure the camps will open soon and the pink triangles will become mandatory


Don't be such a square.

you say square I say realest



I was making a pun, but is Mike Pence really that bad? I haven't researched him too much. While his state did experience an economic resurgence, the percentage was roughly in line with national growth.

He is only more slightly out of touch with modern ideas the oh say the Amish

9606 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Imoutoland!
Offline
Posted 28 days ago

uncletim wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:


uncletim wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:


uncletim wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

Well, he is pretty progressive on LGBT rights. I mean, that Jenner comment was out of left field.. Can't say the same for Pence, but I doubt he'll get much to say in all honesty.

I am sure the camps will open soon and the pink triangles will become mandatory


Don't be such a square.

you say square I say realest



I was making a pun, but is Mike Pence really that bad? I haven't researched him too much. While his state did experience an economic resurgence, the percentage was roughly in line with national growth.

He is only more slightly out of touch with modern ideas the oh say the Amish



I see. That's regrettable. I was hoping for someone saner than Palin.
9606 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Imoutoland!
Offline
Posted 28 days ago

MysticGon wrote:

I voted for Trump because of the Supreme Court.

Abortion is a big issue for me and I'd very much like to see Roe v Wade overturned. Even if he was lying about pro-life judges for me the choice was easy because Hillary was pro-choice.

On a lesser note, with D.C., Wall Street, Hollywood, the news and music industries clearly favoring Clinton and her scheming ways I thought of my vote as a middle finger. To them and anyone who says "well that's just the way things are done" when excusing their tactics.


Didn't Roe V Wade also approve constitutionality of abortion limits, or rather left those to the state, especially for second and third trimesters?

In essence, while I understand the abortion argument on potential life and future, I don't see the difference between under 10 weeks (When the brain supposedly forms) and a morning after pill from what I can tell.
22667 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 28 days ago
I didn't vote.

I don't particularly care for either candidate.

On one hand, we have a frat boy. His rhetoric is repugnant and simple. His personality is profane and brash. Some of his policies make me consider if he should be playing "Are you smarter than a 5th grader?" rather than running for president. His conservative views concern me in regards to social policies.

On the other hand we have the conniving bitch. Her record while tenured rather demonstrates a record of failings (often dangerous). Her inability to cooperate with foreign nations diplomatically is deeply concerning to me (ex. Russia). A lot of her campaign relied on her having a vagina as a card. Her character is the very representation of the current American grievance (a government that is both corrupt and disconnected from its people).

No. No, I wasn't going to contribute to either of them being in office. Count me out.

24966 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Atlanta, GA, USA
Offline
Posted 28 days ago
I voted for Trump for selfish reasons. Reviewing his outlook (going back 30+ years) on foreign trade and taxes, it's very likely that my family will profit.

I consider it my responsibility to swing my vote appropriately like this, to the party that will benefit my family and friends the most. I voted for Obama and every Democrat up for election before. This time, Trump and every other Republican. Money isn't the only thing that's important, but there were very few other positives to find between the two candidates.

Anyway, you guys should vote, even if you think it won't matter. At least do a write-in to show that a party could have won your vote if they tried harder, since you did actually go to the voting booth.
565 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
13 / My Secret Anime C...
Offline
Posted 28 days ago
For so many reasons! 1. He's going to finally do something about our borders 2. He's going to cut of some of the major trade deals that are putting our nation in debt. 3. He isn't promising people free stuff that they're NEVER EVER EVER going to get! 4. He's not a corrupt politic Even though, of course, I'm too young to vote, those would be some of the MAIN reasons.

Also, for the people who think, LETS BE NICE AND OPEN UP OUR BORDERS SO EVERYONE CAN GET HOUSING FOOD AND FREE EDUCATION!!!!! We have homeless and poorly educated people of our own. If we can't even provide decent housing, education, or good food for our own people, why should we take care of people who aren't even our own? Why give people food when we can't even provide food for are fellow brothers and sisters?

BTW: AMERICANS AREN'T IMMIGRANTS. our ancestors claimed this land by risking their lives for freedom. The Indians didn't OWN America. they just lived on the continent. WE OWN AMERICA WE'RE NOT IMMIGRANTS.

Also- did anyone know that one of the reasons the economy of Rome crashed was because they were trying to provide good education and food and shelter the the Gauls? They were immigrants. If you don't believe me, look it up.
14783 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 28 days ago , edited 28 days ago
Most uncommitted voters said "Well, I can't trust/like Hillary, but Trump seems like a nice sensible fellow in that he was a successful businessman!"
(snicker! )

Back in 1988, before attack-ads had been reigned in, and reached their most rampant-in-the-streets stage by the Republicans against Dukakis, Democratic VP candidate Lloyd Bentsen tried to make one last appeal for sanity in a PSA.
Can't find it on YouTube, but without mentioning names, he lectured us, "If we elect a candidate for the wrong reasons, we're not going to be proud of the president we get...And not going to be proud of ourselves as a country."

(And consider that he was only talking about Bush Sr. at the time.)
565 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
13 / My Secret Anime C...
Offline
Posted 28 days ago

HolyDrumstick wrote:

I did not vote for Trump or for Hillary. I didn't need to, because I'm from Texas, and our shit was locked in from day one.

However, I'm most looking forward to economic changes.

A lot of people don't know this, but the booming economy of the 90s had NOTHING to do with Bill Clinton, and everything to do with policies from the Reagan administration that were picking up steam with the economy into the 90s.

My point being, if you actually know what you're looking at and talking about when it comes to economics, our best chance to stop our economic suck is Trump.

Now, I also know that he was largely painted into a man he really is not for a good portion of the campaign. Truth be told, he was a Dem for most of his life, and is pretty liberal in that area. He was portrayed as a bigot but that simply isn't true, and his history pre-campaign is evidence of that.

As far as LGBT rights go, the only thing I think he'll change is the bathroom business, which I still think actually does need a closer examination. I think the current policy is stupid. Everything else is fine.

Yes, he is big on immigration, but it isn't immigrants that are the problem, but illegal immigrants. If you really support illegal immigration, you have no idea how bad it fucks up our nation.

Meanwhile, my other option was corrupt Hillary, who I knew would continue down our path to economic ruin, according to all I know of economics (Which I actually did study a bit in college). I knew she was also going to let the bathroom policy issue go as is (look, I simply think it needs to be changed to post-op transgender people ONLY. It's about anatomy, not what gender they identify with). I knew we were going to continue shelling out money for welfare that is less a hand-up and more a hand-out (I see no problem with people getting help from the government, but when that help keeps you in your situation, rather than helping people become self-sustaining, there's a problem).

I don't know. To me, I honestly just felt like Hillary was going to be more of the same, and couldn't vote for her. I could not make myself. Trump, I chose not to vote for, because I knew the state of Texas was going to lock him in anyway, and I didn't feel like I wanted my stamp of approval on him.

But, now we have Trump, so these are the things I hope for.


Finally, someone who understands. Thank you.

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.