First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Should I Do Leg Lengthening To Be Taller?
Vahvi 
2978 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Ever Changing
Online
Posted 23 days ago , edited 23 days ago

Ejanss wrote:


Vahvi wrote:

You're tall and you want to be taller? You monster!


Exactly: Whether it's bodybuilding, unreasonable use of body modification or anorexia, Wanting To be Something Else is the border of where "Body improvement" becomes "Mental personal issues".

(Leg lengthening was developed as treatment for dwarfism, which helps the symptoms but not the problem--
And if you're not a midget, and want it just because it'd make you feel cooler, that's when you got to stop asking yourself some serious questions and start asking them to a licensed professional.)


True and this might also give off the appearance that his arms have dwarfism if his legs are long enough to make him disproportionate.
Posted 23 days ago , edited 23 days ago
Well, I just feel a bit below average on my campus. My roommates are hovering around 6'2 to 6'8. Sucks knowing that my 6'8 buddy was 6ft when he was in middle school.
558 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / F / hell
Offline
Posted 23 days ago
do you take steroids?
3048 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / In a Yaoi Fanfic
Online
Posted 23 days ago

DrunkKanti wrote:
I'd recommend putting your money into something useful instead of risking never walking again for a few extra inches.


( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

628 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Sacramento, CA
Online
Posted 23 days ago

OnePunchJoJo wrote:

Well, I just see a bit below average on my campus. My roommates are hovering around 6'2 to 6'8. Sucks knowing that my 6'8 buddy was 6ft when he was in middle school. :(


Maybe that's a bit below average on your campus, but 6ft is actually above average for most of the world. And 6'8 is ridiculously tall. There's hardly any 6'8 players in the NFL even.
14745 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 23 days ago , edited 23 days ago

OnePunchJoJo wrote:

Well, I just feel a bit below average on my campus. My roommates are hovering around 6'2 to 6'8. Sucks knowing that my 6'8 buddy was 6ft when he was in middle school. :(


Just because you're around HGH-steroid freaks every day on campus doesn't mean you should feel inadequate.
(And when you do, that's the problems we mentioned.)

Among (ahem) adults, 6' is considered the median social average height--I'm 6' 0", and frankly tower over most of the people I do business with and meet on the street. For being, quote, "average", it's often a bit of a problem, especially living in an older city built from back when it wasn't the average.
3057 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The 2D World
Offline
Posted 23 days ago

OnePunchJoJo wrote:

Well, I just feel a bit below average on my campus. My roommates are hovering around 6'2 to 6'8. Sucks knowing that my 6'8 buddy was 6ft when he was in middle school. :(


You shouldn't give a crap about the people around you, and do whatever you want to do. Don't let others influence you to do something that you don't want to do because you want to do it. Also leg lengthening sounds painful as heck
628 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Sacramento, CA
Online
Posted 23 days ago

Dogempire wrote:


DrunkKanti wrote:
I'd recommend putting your money into something useful instead of risking never walking again for a few extra inches.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Hell, if you're gonna spend money on a few extra inches, get em where they count.
8498 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Imoutoland!
Online
Posted 23 days ago
Why would you be insecure? You're very attractive, muscular, and is reasonably tall. I don't think it is necessary.
14468 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Houma
Offline
Posted 23 days ago
I was out for less time than that with my achilles tendon tear and the time off completely wrecked my lifestyle. I don't recommend this move. I'm 6' and would like a few inches myself, but I wouldn't make that trade off.
Banned
6934 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
In a basket of de...
Offline
Posted 23 days ago

OnePunchJoJo wrote:

Well, I just feel a bit below average on my campus. My roommates are hovering around 6'2 to 6'8. Sucks knowing that my 6'8 buddy was 6ft when he was in middle school. :(


You will probably graduate before you fully heal.
Banned
17503 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / B.C, Canada
Offline
Posted 23 days ago
I am 190 cm tall, that's 6 foot 3 to your cavemen yanks. I weigh 95 kgs, that's 210 lbs to you cavemen as well. And you know what I wanted to be when I joined the army, a tanker. But even though a Leopard 2 is roomy it ain't that roomy. And I wish that I was a few inches shorter. So going through medically unnecessary surgery to increase one's height seems excessive to say the least.

I mean have you seen the world lately, six feet is damn tall. If the makers of clothes, doorways, and low hanging light fixtures have anything to say about it. I should have concussions from the amount of times I knocked into things with my forehead.
8498 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Imoutoland!
Online
Posted 23 days ago

Ranwolf wrote:

I am 190 cm tall, that's 6 foot 3 to your cavemen yanks. I weigh 95 kgs, that's 210 lbs to you cavemen as well. And you know what I wanted to be when I joined the army, a tanker. But even though a Leopard 2 is roomy it ain't that roomy. And I wish that I was a few inches shorter. So going through medically unnecessary surgery to increase one's height seems excessive to say the least.

I mean have you seen the world lately, six feet is damn tall. If the makers of clothes, doorways, and low hanging light fixtures have anything to say about it. I should have concussions from the amount of times I knocked into things with my forehead.


I guess you...Ran right into those obstacles. Wolf.
Vahvi 
2978 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Ever Changing
Online
Posted 23 days ago

PeripheralVisionary wrote:


Ranwolf wrote:

I am 190 cm tall, that's 6 foot 3 to your cavemen yanks. I weigh 95 kgs, that's 210 lbs to you cavemen as well. And you know what I wanted to be when I joined the army, a tanker. But even though a Leopard 2 is roomy it ain't that roomy. And I wish that I was a few inches shorter. So going through medically unnecessary surgery to increase one's height seems excessive to say the least.

I mean have you seen the world lately, six feet is damn tall. If the makers of clothes, doorways, and low hanging light fixtures have anything to say about it. I should have concussions from the amount of times I knocked into things with my forehead.


I guess you...Ran right into those obstacles. Wolf.


Ba-dum-tss!
41284 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 23 days ago
Being over 6 foot tall is overrated, also if you are involved in any sports your body will have to accommodate for the sudden change in its size. Just like if you put on a ton of muscle before next year's [insert contact sport here]season, you'll have to do that much more speed training otherwise you'll lose a ton on your "dash" time and a massive amount of maneuverability.

Gotta have balance.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.