Post Reply TPP Is Dead, But Wait! Their's More!
37307 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 22 days ago , edited 22 days ago
Did I read that right?

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/12/business/economy/donald-trump-trade-tpp-trans-pacific-partnership.html


Another broad trade deal still being negotiated, the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership between Europe and the United States, is a likely casualty of the Trump election and a global backlash against trade. The discussions “are dead, and I think everybody knows it,” Matthias Fekl, the French secretary of state for trade, said Friday as trade ministers met in Brussels. “Globalization has created lots of losers, lots of difficulties.”


First of all, I had no Idea TTIP was a thing... Second of all, Trump's election, and his loud promises to renegotiate or get out of NAFTA, and his promise to outright kill TPP, took the wind out of the sails of the TTIP talks. I had no idea there were talks like that.

But look at what the French trade minister said, “Globalization has created lots of losers, lots of difficulties.”

So, there you have it. These treaties, NAFTA, TPP, TTIP (as well as the European Union) were going to lay the ground work globalization, but you got him admitting that it's "created lots of losers."

Talk of globalization has probably been open around the planet, but I didn't start hearing of globalization until Trump won the Republican primary. Little by little, I started putting the pieces together and realized that I wasn't only fighting a government that was stealing our rights from us, with the deceptively named Patriot Act, and the other misnomer, Dept. of Homeland Security (the Secret Police). I was fighting against the framework for a world government.

Anyway, this kind of cemented it all for me.

Now I really understand the anger and hatred against Trump. He's not just knocking down corporate control of our government in our country. He's knocking down the entire world government organization. Trump has made enemies of the New World Order, which already spans the globe. Only Russia stood in their way.

I see now. Why so much effort was expended to tarnish and ruin him. The media, the system, really was rigged - is rigged. Even now, the news is fueling the anger in the streets to try to sabotage his presidency, before it has even started. The protests haven't stopped, yet. In fact, it shows signs of being organized and funded. Why else are these hidden forces trying to worsen civil unrest in our country?


WASHINGTON — Congressional leaders confirmed this week what seemed inevitable with the triumph of Donald J. Trump: The far-reaching trade agreement with 11 other Pacific Rim nations that President Obama hoped to leave as a major legacy, but which Mr. Trump called “a terrible deal,” is dead.

Senator Chuck Schumer of New York, the incoming Democratic leader, told labor leaders on Thursday that the pending Trans-Pacific Partnership, the largest regional trade agreement in history, would not be approved by Congress. Senator Mitch McConnell, Republican of Kentucky and the majority leader, said flat-out “no” when reporters on Wednesday asked whether the agreement would be considered in the lame-duck Congress that convenes next week — its last legislative chance, given the opposition from the president-elect.

Mr. Trump, whose invectives against trade agreements were central to his appeal to disaffected working-class voters, will have the authority as president “to negotiate better deals, as I think he would put it,” Mr. McConnell said.

Yet there is little likelihood of Mr. Trump seeking a new agreement. That reflects not only his campaign statements, but also his yearslong hostility to past trade accords as well as the sheer difficulty of renegotiating a Pacific pact that was seven years in the making, entailing compromises among a dozen countries including Australia, Canada, Chile and Japan, but excluding China.
19492 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / NYC Metro Area
Offline
Posted 22 days ago , edited 22 days ago

DeadlyOats wrote:

Did I read that right?

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/12/business/economy/donald-trump-trade-tpp-trans-pacific-partnership.html


Another broad trade deal still being negotiated, the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership between Europe and the United States, is a likely casualty of the Trump election and a global backlash against trade. The discussions “are dead, and I think everybody knows it,” Matthias Fekl, the French secretary of state for trade, said Friday as trade ministers met in Brussels. “Globalization has created lots of losers, lots of difficulties.”


First of all, I had no Idea TTIP was a thing... Second of all, Trump's election, and his loud promises to renegotiate or get out of NAFTA, and his promise to outright kill TPP, took the wind out of the sails of the TTIP talks. I had no idea there were talks like that.

But look at what the French trade minister said, “Globalization has created lots of losers, lots of difficulties.”

So, there you have it. These treaties, NAFTA, TPP, TTIP (as well as the European Union) were going to lay the ground work globalization, but you got him admitting that it's "created lots of losers."

Talk of globalization has probably been open around the planet, but I didn't start hearing of globalization until Trump won the Republican primary. Little by little, I started putting the pieces together and realized that I wasn't only fighting a government that was stealing our rights from us, with the deceptively named Patriot Act, and the other misnomer, Dept. of Homeland Security (the Secret Police). I was fighting against the framework for a world government.

Anyway, this kind of cemented it all for me.

Now I really understand the anger and hatred against Trump. He's not just knocking down corporate control of our government in our country. He's knocking down the entire world government organization. Trump has made enemies of the New World Order, which already spans the globe. Only Russia stood in their way.

I see now. Why so much effort was expended to tarnish and ruin him. The media, the system, really was rigged - is rigged. Even now, the news is fueling the anger in the streets to try to sabotage his presidency, before it has even started. The protests haven't stopped, yet. In fact, it shows signs of being organized and funded. Why else are these hidden forces trying to worsen civil unrest in our country?


Don't worry, the Europeans will kill this one.

All of these secret deals have less to do about trade and more with giving corporations unchecked power.

The globalists want a global homogenized culture and political union that they can more easily control, where they can more easy keep labor working for peanuts to pat their already fat pockets with more money. If they can kill democracy in the process with a system where their power can go unimpeded, even better.
Posted 21 days ago , edited 21 days ago

DeadlyOats wrote:

I see now. Why so much effort was expended to tarnish and ruin him. The media, the system, really was rigged - is rigged. Even now, the news is fueling the anger in the streets to try to sabotage his presidency, before it has even started. The protests haven't stopped, yet. In fact, it shows signs of being organized and funded. Why else are these hidden forces trying to worsen civil unrest in our country?


Yes, you get it. The purple revolution will be manufactured just like BLM and the green revolutions, arab springs.

Trace the money and you'll find Soros and the Clinton Foundation in the trail.
35076 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / F / Seireitei, Soul S...
Offline
Posted 21 days ago
I agree with making more trading available internationally, but the TPP was a very bad way of going about doing that. At the very least it needed to be rewritten before being enacted, and at most it needs to be outright killed in politics until they can come up with a better plan for trade. I didn't realize that Trump didn't support the TPP, and this is the first thing that I've actually agreed with him about.
37307 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 21 days ago

RaisedInACult wrote:


DeadlyOats wrote:

I see now. Why so much effort was expended to tarnish and ruin him. The media, the system, really was rigged - is rigged. Even now, the news is fueling the anger in the streets to try to sabotage his presidency, before it has even started. The protests haven't stopped, yet. In fact, it shows signs of being organized and funded. Why else are these hidden forces trying to worsen civil unrest in our country?


Yes, you get it. The purple revolution will be manufactured just like BLM and the green revolutions, arab springs.

Trace the money and you'll find Soros and the Clinton Foundation in the trail.


I had to look that up. I didn't know what that meant.

http://allnewspipeline.com/How_They_Still_May_Bring_Down_America.php

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-11-11/clintons-and-soros-launch-americas-purple-revolution
18688 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 21 days ago

RaisedInACult wrote:


DeadlyOats wrote:

I see now. Why so much effort was expended to tarnish and ruin him. The media, the system, really was rigged - is rigged. Even now, the news is fueling the anger in the streets to try to sabotage his presidency, before it has even started. The protests haven't stopped, yet. In fact, it shows signs of being organized and funded. Why else are these hidden forces trying to worsen civil unrest in our country?


Yes, you get it. The purple revolution will be manufactured just like BLM and the green revolutions, arab springs.

Trace the money and you'll find Soros and the Clinton Foundation in the trail.


you two are the only ones ive seen be open about knowing and believing this, what others would call a "conspiracy theory" -don't get me wrong I believe it too-

but ive yet to see anyone on here put you down for it, or try to say you are wrong, weird
19492 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / NYC Metro Area
Offline
Posted 21 days ago , edited 21 days ago

BlackRose0607 wrote:

I agree with making more trading available internationally, but the TPP was a very bad way of going about doing that. At the very least it needed to be rewritten before being enacted, and at most it needs to be outright killed in politics until they can come up with a better plan for trade. I didn't realize that Trump didn't support the TPP, and this is the first thing that I've actually agreed with him about.


Basically the issue that led Trump to victory. Most of the states in the middle of the country (Midwest/Midwest) who voted for him over Clinton have a lot of pissed off workers who have lost their jobs in large part due to deals passed by Presidents like Clinton's husband.
Enough blue-collar Independents and Democrats switched their vote to send a message. Exit polls show that Trump had about the same amount of voters who make less than $50,000/yr. voting for him as Clinton, which is basically unheard of for a Republican candidate in recent history. For comparison's sake, Mitt Romney got only a little bit more than half of that. Also of interest, Democrats got a higher percentage of upper middle class and rich people voting for them than in any of Obama's elections. Coincidence? doubtful.
You must be logged in to post.