First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Barack Obama's Lack of Action
37315 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 22 days ago , edited 22 days ago
There is noting, NOTHING in the news about the President of The United States. NOTHING about him calling for calm. He has a duty to get on T.V., radio, the Internet, and urge Americans to end their increasingly violent protests!

Why is he keeping quiet? Why isn't he calling for cooler heads to prevail? Each day he keeps quiet is tacit consent to the increasing violence of these protests.

What is he waiting for? For cities to start burning down? Is he waiting for Trump supporters to go out in counter protests, in hopes that the two sides will clash in sectarian violence?! Is that what he's waiting for?!

He's the leader of this country, and he needs to do his job!
973 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Somewhere Drinking
Offline
Posted 22 days ago , edited 22 days ago
The man is not a god he can only do so much he's made a speech along with Biden to call the American people to be united and work to make this country better. The thing is he cannot control or influence their actions because 1) these people know that Obama is leaving and all they're going to get is Trump so regardless of what he tells them they'll still feel the way they do and act the way they do. 2) This is a transitional period where Obama's administration needs to prep the new administration to be up and running by next year.

What you think that just by Obama vacating the white house transition is over and done with? Man that's monumentally naive.
Posted 22 days ago , edited 22 days ago
Sure calming people down is easy. We are lucky they haven't gone and kill somebody yet.
37315 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 22 days ago , edited 22 days ago

JRPGNATION wrote:

Sure calming people down is easy. We are lucky they haven't gone and kill somebody yet.


Two people have been killed already.

EDIT:

I correct myself.

Five shot, with two near death.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-11-09/4-shot-during-seattle-anti-trump-protest

This was in Seattle, the mellowest State in the country!
37315 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 22 days ago , edited 22 days ago

Adjacent-Taurus wrote:

The man is not a god he can only do so much he's made a speech along with Biden to call the American people to be united and work to make this country better. The thing is he cannot control or influence their actions because 1) these people know that Obama is leaving and all they're going to get is Trump so regardless of what he tells them they'll still feel the way they do and act the way they do. 2) This is a transitional period where Obama's administration needs to prep the new administration to be up and running by next year.

What you think that just by Obama vacating the white house transition is over and done with? Man that's monumentally naive.


This is day three of the protests. However, the protests are getting more violent. He needs to address the Country, again.
41641 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 22 days ago , edited 22 days ago
He's unhappy with the turnout. Personally, I'm not either. Let him remain mum for a bit. Obama's just as human as anyone else is, half of America is feeling the same shellshock right now.
4583 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / Decemberunderground
Offline
Posted 22 days ago , edited 22 days ago
God you and Rujikin are cancer about the election almost every single topic is from you 2 whining, complaining, and pointing the finger.

Election is done people are stupid nothings going to change anytime soon.
It doesn't matter what Obama says it wont end the riots no point in talking about it with only a few weeks before Trump is sworn in.
4017 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Abyss
Online
Posted 22 days ago , edited 22 days ago

Kerst wrote:

God you and Rujikin are cancer about the election almost every single topic is from you 2 whining, complaining, and pointing the finger.

Election is done people are stupid nothings going to change anytime soon.
It doesn't matter what Obama says it wont end the riots no point in talking about it with only a few weeks before Trump is sworn in.


You just learn to ignore any threads made by those two or RaisedinaCult. It has become an egocentric circlejerk. I tend to only reply seriously on fun threads now.

Sooner or later this circlejerk will end haha. I just hope its sooner! Old CR forums was a good bit funnier.
608 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 22 days ago , edited 22 days ago

Kerst wrote:

God you and Rujikin are cancer about the election almost every single topic is from you 2 whining, complaining, and pointing the finger.

Election is done people are stupid nothings going to change anytime soon.
It doesn't matter what Obama says it wont end the riots no point in talking about it with only a few weeks before Trump is sworn in.


+1

Don't forget that if Obama does decide to act, no matter what that action is, it will spawn another thread of how it is another action toward martial law that they go on and on about.
46637 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 22 days ago , edited 22 days ago


Try reading the actual article about the shooting and not the spun story.

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/crime/seattle-police-responding-to-reports-of-4-shot-downtown/


"The rally turned into a march and was proceeding down various streets at the time of the shootings, according to witnesses. Merner said the shooting was unrelated.

“It’s not related to the protest at all,” he said. “It appears to be some type of personal argument.”
Posted 22 days ago , edited 22 days ago

DeadlyOats wrote:


JRPGNATION wrote:

Sure calming people down is easy. We are lucky they haven't gone and kill somebody yet.


Two people have been killed already.

EDIT:

I correct myself.

Five shot, with two near death.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-11-09/4-shot-during-seattle-anti-trump-protest

This was in Seattle, the mellowest State in the country!

This fucking country........


37315 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 22 days ago

rawratl wrote:



Try reading the actual article about the shooting and not the spun story.

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/crime/seattle-police-responding-to-reports-of-4-shot-downtown/


"The rally turned into a march and was proceeding down various streets at the time of the shootings, according to witnesses. Merner said the shooting was unrelated.

“It’s not related to the protest at all,” he said. “It appears to be some type of personal argument.”


They were personally arguing about why they voted for Trump, and triggered the shooter..... Why didn't he say what the 'personal issue' was? That's kind of important. As you can see, lots of people are taking Trump's victory quite personally.
35884 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Georgia, USA
Offline
Posted 22 days ago
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5efb1WVxqvI

New shooting at Portland protest
Suspect is a 5'8" black male wearing a hoodie and jeans
Banned
6934 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
In a basket of de...
Offline
Posted 22 days ago , edited 22 days ago
As soon as Trump is sworn in, these dregs of society will go and crawl back into their holes, or they will be sent to prison where they belong.
qwueri 
16420 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Online
Posted 22 days ago
Couldn't be because most of the protests are peaceful could it? Oakland and Portland turned into riots, am I missing any?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.