First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Barack Obama's Lack of Action
Emtro 
1541 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 20 days ago

octorockandroll wrote:
*expresses opinions on a country he isn't in*

*chastises someone else for doing the same*

Cute.


It's not just cute, it's adorable :excl:

But then, I didn't excuse violent riots in your streets.
4566 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Online
Posted 20 days ago

Amyas_Leigh wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:



How is anyone supposed to hear you talking about roads being blocked off and automatically think kidnappings were happening?
.


Stopping someone's freedom of movement unlawfully, holding them their against their will = kidnapping

"example you showed was bullshit"
In what way? I was simply showing that blocking traffic isn't 'peaceful protesting'


Blocking traffic is defined as non-violent unlawful action as a form of protest, so yes, it's a peaceful protest, whether you agree with it or not. It can also be made legal with a permit. Even without a permit, it is not kidnapping.

Kidnap: to take away (someone) by force
-Merriam-Webster dictionary
you are not a kidnapper for blocking somebody's path. And the example you showed was bullshit because, as was already pointed out, the driver was equally implicated in the altercation.
Banned
6934 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
In a basket of de...
Offline
Posted 20 days ago
Soon they will all return to their public housing, enjoy their subsidized heat, while eating steaks bought with food stamps as it get colder outside.
4566 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Online
Posted 20 days ago

Emtro wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:
*expresses opinions on a country he isn't in*

*chastises someone else for doing the same*

Cute.


It's not just cute, it's adorable :excl:

But then, I didn't excuse violent riots in your streets.


And I did not excuse violent riots in yours. Glad we could settle that.
10831 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
13 / F / California
Offline
Posted 20 days ago , edited 20 days ago

octorockandroll wrote:


Amyas_Leigh wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:



How is anyone supposed to hear you talking about roads being blocked off and automatically think kidnappings were happening?
.


Stopping someone's freedom of movement unlawfully, holding them their against their will = kidnapping

"example you showed was bullshit"
In what way? I was simply showing that blocking traffic isn't 'peaceful protesting'


Blocking traffic is defined as non-violent unlawful action as a form of protest, so yes, it's a peaceful protest, whether you agree with it or not. It can also be made legal with a permit. Even without a permit, it is not kidnapping.

Kidnap: to take away (someone) by force
-Merriam-Webster dictionary
you are not a kidnapper for blocking somebody's path. And the example you showed was bullshit because, as was already pointed out, the driver was equally implicated in the altercation.


Wrong. But thanks for playing you pog.
qwueri 
16404 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 20 days ago , edited 20 days ago

Amyas_Leigh wrote:


qwueri wrote:


And your example failed to support your point.


My point was that blocking traffic, effectively kidnapping motorists, isn't peaceful.
My example showed the violence typical of a protest involving blocking traffic



Except that blocking traffic is nothing like kidnapping, and is largely peaceful until some jackass decides to get into an argument and use his vehicle as a battering ram.

4566 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Online
Posted 20 days ago

VZ68 wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:


Amyas_Leigh wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:



How is anyone supposed to hear you talking about roads being blocked off and automatically think kidnappings were happening?
.


Stopping someone's freedom of movement unlawfully, holding them their against their will = kidnapping

"example you showed was bullshit"
In what way? I was simply showing that blocking traffic isn't 'peaceful protesting'


Blocking traffic is defined as non-violent unlawful action as a form of protest, so yes, it's a peaceful protest, whether you agree with it or not. It can also be made legal with a permit. Even without a permit, it is not kidnapping.

Kidnap: to take away (someone) by force
-Merriam-Webster dictionary
you are not a kidnapper for blocking somebody's path. And the example you showed was bullshit because, as was already pointed out, the driver was equally implicated in the altercation.


Wrong. But thanks for playing you pog.


The most wrong of all things: The Dictionary!
10831 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
13 / F / California
Offline
Posted 20 days ago

octorockandroll wrote:


VZ68 wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:


Amyas_Leigh wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:



How is anyone supposed to hear you talking about roads being blocked off and automatically think kidnappings were happening?
.


Stopping someone's freedom of movement unlawfully, holding them their against their will = kidnapping

"example you showed was bullshit"
In what way? I was simply showing that blocking traffic isn't 'peaceful protesting'


Blocking traffic is defined as non-violent unlawful action as a form of protest, so yes, it's a peaceful protest, whether you agree with it or not. It can also be made legal with a permit. Even without a permit, it is not kidnapping.

Kidnap: to take away (someone) by force
-Merriam-Webster dictionary
you are not a kidnapper for blocking somebody's path. And the example you showed was bullshit because, as was already pointed out, the driver was equally implicated in the altercation.


Wrong. But thanks for playing you pog.


The most wrong of all things: The Dictionary!


Yeah, when it comes to the little thing called "the law"

24251 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 20 days ago
No president wants to bring the hammer down on his own citizens... unless it's a dictatorship.
4566 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Online
Posted 20 days ago

VZ68 wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:


VZ68 wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:


Blocking traffic is defined as non-violent unlawful action as a form of protest, so yes, it's a peaceful protest, whether you agree with it or not. It can also be made legal with a permit. Even without a permit, it is not kidnapping.

Kidnap: to take away (someone) by force
-Merriam-Webster dictionary
you are not a kidnapper for blocking somebody's path. And the example you showed was bullshit because, as was already pointed out, the driver was equally implicated in the altercation.


Wrong. But thanks for playing you pog.


The most wrong of all things: The Dictionary!


Yeah, when it comes to the little thing called "the law"




octorockandroll wrote:


Blocking traffic is defined as non-violent unlawful action as a form of protest


Making an argument that was already refuted. A+
Banned
6934 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
In a basket of de...
Offline
Posted 20 days ago
It's very easy to confuse the accelerator peddle with the brake peddle in stressful situations. These types of accidents happen all the time. That is why it is unlawful for pedestrians to stand in the middle of the road whenever they feel like it.
qwueri 
16404 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 20 days ago

VZ68 wrote:

Yeah, when it comes to the little thing called "the law"



This law?
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/1201
35872 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Georgia, USA
Online
Posted 20 days ago , edited 20 days ago

octorockandroll wrote:




the driver was equally implicated in the altercation.


By honking his horn?
You may as well say a woman wearing a short skirt is 'equally implicated' if she gets raped.

Note he didn't start driving until after the threats and they started stabbing at his head with their signs, what he did was completely legal.

'unlawfully holding people against their will isn't kidnapping'

qwueri 
16404 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 20 days ago

Xxanthar wrote:

It's very easy to confuse the accelerator peddle with the brake peddle in stressful situations. These types of accidents happen all the time. That is why it is unlawful for pedestrians to stand in the middle of the road whenever they feel like it.


It's also unlawful for a motorist to hit a pedestrian, and will almost certainly start a criminal investigation.
10831 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
13 / F / California
Offline
Posted 20 days ago

octorockandroll wrote:
Making an argument that was already refuted. A+


Dude, your whole LIFE has been refuted. You come from a non-player country on the world market, you live in a non-player state of said country and you don't mean shit. You could die before your next reply and people wouldn't even care, because you aren't in the game at all.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.