First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply Any Yakuza Fans Here ?
1432 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 20 days ago
I like games with bare hand combat

like sleeping dogs and yakuza series

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yakuza_(video_game)

The latest game in the series for the NA region was Yakuza 5 (PSN download only)

Yakuza 0 (prequel) is not coming out until January 2017 .. i think

Yakuza 6 will be out in December 2016 in japan

i heard they remade or remastered Yakuza (1st game) or something? but i don't see it available in the US

the 1st yakuza game needs a lot of work-- especially the loading --

These games are fun to play :)

1108 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 20 days ago
Yeah, played 3 & 4, didn't play 5 since I upgraded to PS4 and I can't wait for Yakuza 0
1432 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 20 days ago

Sgtlunatics wrote:

Yeah, played 3 & 4, didn't play 5 since I upgraded to PS4 and I can't wait for Yakuza 0 :D



when i saw this it's a bit creepy to be honest-- this is not the Majima i know from previous yakuza game

Ryu Ga Gotoku 0 Yakuza 0 - ‘Majima Goro’ - 17 minutes English gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPnCZbnvpQo
191 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / Australia
Offline
Posted 19 days ago
YES!!! Love this series. The first one I played was #3 and I was in love. I went back and bought the first two for my PS2

5 is excellent also, many side missions and things to do. The Idol section is much fun

Very much looking forward too Yakuza 0 (and outrun..)
1432 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 18 days ago

kolbyjames wrote:

YES!!! Love this series. The first one I played was #3 and I was in love. I went back and bought the first two for my PS2

5 is excellent also, many side missions and things to do. The Idol section is much fun

Very much looking forward too Yakuza 0 (and outrun..)



http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2016/11/13-1/buckle-up-for-40-minutes-of-yakuza-6-gameplay

have yet to play Yakuza 4, zero and 6

there was a dead soul spin off it's a third person shooter-- it was aright
107906 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / strangereal
Offline
Posted 18 days ago
Hell yeah I love the yakuza series. Unfortunately I need to increase the memory of ps3 to install yakuza 5 im bummed its digital only.
191 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / Australia
Offline
Posted 18 days ago
I definitely recommend giving 4 a go its really good.

@ ragnarok. IKR I had to delete soooooo much stuff to get that game installed.

1432 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 18 days ago

ragnarok6789 wrote:

Hell yeah I love the yakuza series. Unfortunately I need to increase the memory of ps3 to install yakuza 5 im bummed its digital only.


memory?

you meant hard drive space?

digital games will take up a lot of space

but wait until you have a PS4

i heard even physical ps4 game will still require 30-50GB of HDD space

500GB is not enough for PS4.. at least get 1TB or 1TB get those SSHD (hydrid drive)

5227 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Online
Posted 17 days ago
I only played the first one and thought it was pretty underrated.
7202 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Adanac
Offline
Posted 17 days ago , edited 17 days ago
Right here. Big fan.

Ranking: 4, 2, 1, Of the End, 5, 3

4 was perfect to me.

1&2's stories are the best-written ones. It kinda pisses me off when people say these two are unplayable. "git gud".

Of the End, despite being a non-canon spinoff, was a very fun ride. Good fanservice for long time players.

5... Is a mixed bag. Lots of things to do, the combat is at its finest, the Another Drama (hunting, taxi, idol, batting) parts were really well done, it introduced the best character in the series (Watase Masaru), and it had some of the most amazing moments in the series too, although...The story is a bit of a mess.
Separately, they work, especially Shinada's (I never sympathized to a game character as much as I did with Shinada) and Haruka/Akiyama's. Kiryu's story reinstates his badassery (a good thing). Saejima, I don't even want to talk about Saejima's story. The finale is where everything just falls apart. I don't want to spoil anything so I'll stop. Basically, they made a very large scale story full of betrayals and... Kind of failed. They dug Kiryu's character into a hole in this one.

3 made Kiryu a softy. Not many memorable things for me in this one, there's that one death and the Majima truck. It started Kiryu's character problems.

Oh and Majima in 4&5. I don't like how they did his character in those games. A bit too tame.
191 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / Australia
Offline
Posted 17 days ago , edited 17 days ago
Yakuza kiiiinda feels like a spiritual successor to Shenmue, which I love. With extra action.
107906 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / strangereal
Offline
Posted 16 days ago

AnimeAddictANN69 wrote:


ragnarok6789 wrote:

Hell yeah I love the yakuza series. Unfortunately I need to increase the memory of ps3 to install yakuza 5 im bummed its digital only.


memory?

you meant hard drive space?

digital games will take up a lot of space

but wait until you have a PS4

i heard even physical ps4 game will still require 30-50GB of HDD space

500GB is not enough for PS4.. at least get 1TB or 1TB get those SSHD (hydrid drive)



Yeah thats what I meant by bad. I have a ps4 and I agree that 500 gb is definetly not enough even with physical copies - it's a little baffling. Fortunately I'm planning on upgrading both platform's sshd.
1432 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 14 days ago

KurtIrving wrote:

I only played the first one and thought it was pretty underrated.


Yakuza on the PS2 ?

i hate the long loading time in the first game


for the users that mentioned about shenmue..

i heard about that as well

shenmue 3 is coming out withing the next few years

i also hope Sleeping Dogs 2 will as well
19641 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 10 days ago
I've only played Yakuza 5.

I just jumped into it because I knew who the VAs were (I just watch a lot of Asian shoes), and got hooked into the story. It's so typical J-drama, with all the angst and revenge. The fights and side missions were entertaining.
1432 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8 days ago

KiT-basher wrote:

I've only played Yakuza 5.

I just jumped into it because I knew who the VAs were (I just watch a lot of Asian shoes), and got hooked into the story. It's so typical J-drama, with all the angst and revenge. The fights and side missions were entertaining.


there a live action of Yakuza (covering the 1st Yakuza game)

it's pretty weird though

i saw an article a few days ago for some new live action yakuza movie in the "news" section
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.