First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply People getting kicked out of an anime lounge.
Posted 20 days ago
I would imagine someone kept bringing up politics, probably should just chill out with that for a bit
If I was the owner I would tell everyone to gtfo, we're here to chill and relax not talk about politics and piss each other off
34284 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M
Offline
Posted 20 days ago , edited 20 days ago

Kerst wrote:

Politics should be banned from the CR forums for at least a month. I would love to open GD and not see the first 10 topics about fucking politics that are all saying the same shit.


I see no need to stop at a month - they should just open a "politics" subsection for the forums and move all that stuff out of GD permanently, it's like a pestilence upon the forums and quarantine is probably the best way to handle it.
4583 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / Decemberunderground
Online
Posted 20 days ago

ahatestory wrote:


Kerst wrote:

Politics should be banned from the CR forums for at least a month. I would love to open GD and not see the first 10 topics about fucking politics that are all saying the same shit.


I see no need to stop at a month - they should just open a "politics" subsection for the forums and move all that stuff out of GD permanently, it's like a pestilence upon the forums and quarantine is probably the best way to handle it.


Yeh that's a good solution.
17873 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / M / In
Offline
Posted 20 days ago

Kerst wrote:


ahatestory wrote:


Kerst wrote:

Politics should be banned from the CR forums for at least a month. I would love to open GD and not see the first 10 topics about fucking politics that are all saying the same shit.


I see no need to stop at a month - they should just open a "politics" subsection for the forums and move all that stuff out of GD permanently, it's like a pestilence upon the forums and quarantine is probably the best way to handle it.


Yeh that's a good solution.

Wasn't Extended discussion pretty much that?

85263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Louisville, KY
Offline
Posted 20 days ago

HolyDrumstick wrote:

So, I spend time in this anime lounge.

Recently, people have been getting kicked out left and right.

It seems that most of those being kicked out are those with politically right views or those who support Trump.

Don't get me wrong, it's been a noisy place for quite a while. Insults have been tossed around from both sides. But, from what I'm seeing, one stance has been targeted by the facility for removal, while the others are not.

I'm not passing judgement, or anything, just taking notes. Lots of notes.

But, what does everyone else think? Should a business be booting people out based on political stances?


Only if they are causing a scene in my opinion just like everything else. If you can't be civil about something then yes, they are well within their rights to kick people out. I'm curious on how they know someone's political stance unless they are openly talking about it in the first place or are they actually causing a scene?
4052 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 20 days ago

saprobe wrote:

Part of running a business like a "lounge" is to establish a setting or mood that is comfortable for your patrons. Any goddamn idiot knows that politics and religion are not considered topics of polite conversation and so if they persist in stirring shit up they should be kicked out on that basis alone.


But the problem is it's only the "rights" being kicked. Anyone with a left view is left alone and the right may just be sharing their honest opinion that happens to be right winged.


This is just more examples of hypocritical lefts, who claim to stand against discrimination and intolerance, discriminating against and being intolerant of anyone who doesn't agree with them.
18688 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 20 days ago

Metazoxan wrote:


saprobe wrote:

Part of running a business like a "lounge" is to establish a setting or mood that is comfortable for your patrons. Any goddamn idiot knows that politics and religion are not considered topics of polite conversation and so if they persist in stirring shit up they should be kicked out on that basis alone.


But the problem is it's only the "rights" being kicked. Anyone with a left view is left alone and the right may just be sharing their honest opinion that happens to be right winged.


This is just more examples of hypocritical lefts, who claim to stand against discrimination and intolerance, discriminating against and being intolerant of anyone who doesn't agree with them.


exactly like what we saw on the safe space forum
10263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 20 days ago

redokami wrote:


Metazoxan wrote:


saprobe wrote:

Part of running a business like a "lounge" is to establish a setting or mood that is comfortable for your patrons. Any goddamn idiot knows that politics and religion are not considered topics of polite conversation and so if they persist in stirring shit up they should be kicked out on that basis alone.


But the problem is it's only the "rights" being kicked. Anyone with a left view is left alone and the right may just be sharing their honest opinion that happens to be right winged.


This is just more examples of hypocritical lefts, who claim to stand against discrimination and intolerance, discriminating against and being intolerant of anyone who doesn't agree with them.


exactly like what we saw on the safe space forum


Essentially.

I keep reporting it as bigotry, and it keeps getting marked as no longer reported.

I probably wouldn't keep reporting it, if a moderator would actually acknowledge it, or SOMETHING. But considering all I know is that I'm getting ignored, I'll keep reporting.

Screen-shotting every time, of course.

AND, I don't care that it is a bigoted thread. I really give no shits. BUT, I do care about the biased nature with which things are handled in these forums, and on this subject in general, these days.

Basically, you can be as bigoted as you want, while literally accusing just about anyone who disagrees with you of being a bigot, as long as it is to white straight men.

I know, I know 'white tears' the girl said. Nope, no fucking tears, just a fuck ton of face-palming.
15 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
45 / M
Offline
Posted 20 days ago

Metazoxan wrote:


saprobe wrote:

Part of running a business like a "lounge" is to establish a setting or mood that is comfortable for your patrons. Any goddamn idiot knows that politics and religion are not considered topics of polite conversation and so if they persist in stirring shit up they should be kicked out on that basis alone.


But the problem is it's only the "rights" being kicked. Anyone with a left view is left alone and the right may just be sharing their honest opinion that happens to be right winged.


This is just more examples of hypocritical lefts, who claim to stand against discrimination and intolerance, discriminating against and being intolerant of anyone who doesn't agree with them.


The left is extremely tolerant! They are loving and caring if you are also a leftist. If you are not you are literally Hitler and it is ok to treat them like shit because they are intolerant, racist, bigots that deserve it.
Posted 20 days ago

Adjacent-Taurus wrote:

Okay cut the shit we know you're talking about Crunchyroll and GD lets not beat around the bush.


Could someone tell me what GD stand for?
Giant dicks?
Banned
6934 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
In a basket of de...
Offline
Posted 20 days ago

JRPGNATION wrote:


Adjacent-Taurus wrote:

Okay cut the shit we know you're talking about Crunchyroll and GD lets not beat around the bush.


Could someone tell me what GD stand for?
Giant dicks?


General Discussion, as in the forums.
Posted 20 days ago

Xxanthar wrote:


JRPGNATION wrote:


Adjacent-Taurus wrote:

Okay cut the shit we know you're talking about Crunchyroll and GD lets not beat around the bush.


Could someone tell me what GD stand for?
Giant dicks?


General Discussion, as in the forums.


Ah...... I still stand by what I say.
One Punch Mod
85845 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 20 days ago
Deleted a few posts for naming or quoting a post that named a pirate site.

Due to a forum bug, the deletions will result in a few subsequent posts appearing out of order. Sorry.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.