Post Reply How too cook
Cook
10353 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / New york
Offline
Posted 2/13/08
if anyone needs to no how to cook somethin jus quote me then put wat u wanna no cuz if u dont quot me i wont no and if i dont no the recipe srry for wasting ur time
47831 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Massachusetts
Offline
Posted 2/14/08

adorable4eva wrote:

if anyone needs to no how to cook somethin jus quote me then put wat u wanna no cuz if u dont quot me i wont no and if i dont no the recipe srry for wasting ur time


Chocolate Chip Cookies (Soft)

INGREDIENTS
4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 cups butter, softened
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 (3.4 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
4 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
2 cups chopped walnuts (optional)


DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Sift together the flour and baking soda, set aside.
In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar.
Beat in the instant pudding mix until blended. Stir in the eggs and vanilla.
Blend in the flour mixture. Finally, stir in the chocolate chips and nuts.
Drop cookies by rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Edges should be golden brown.

Well...I just don't know what to do exactly. I always need things in specific explanation, but only the directions though. I also want to know the difference between "Dark Brown Sugar" and "Light Brown Sugar"...
Banned
18448 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / toronto
Offline
Posted 2/14/08
How festive more recipes would be great
Posted 2/16/08
I want to know how you make dango xD does anyone know??
Cook
8000 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / M / california
Offline
Posted 2/17/08
do you know how to make onigiri? I want to make some
Cook
8000 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / M / california
Offline
Posted 2/17/08
also how do you make milk shakes? whenever i try to make them they all become liquidy and disgusting
Posted 2/18/08

krnsoldierofGod wrote:

also how do you make milk shakes? whenever i try to make them they all become liquidy and disgusting


1 cup milk

6 scoops strawberry ice cream

2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar

1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 tablespoon strawberry ice cream topping

1 tablespoon whipped cream, optional

Fresh strawberries, sliced, optional
=] just tell me what kind of milkshake you want and i can tell u the recipe [vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, etc.]
Posted 2/18/08

krnsoldierofGod wrote:

do you know how to make onigiri? I want to make some


to taste medium grain rice (Korean or Japanese)
to taste water
to taste salt
to taste nori , 1 inch by 5 inch strips (seaweed laver)
to taste Chinese five spice powder
to taste umeboshi (Japanese Pickled Plums)
to taste toasted sesame seeds
to taste canned tuna or smoked salmon

Let rice cool so you don't burn your hands when maing the balls.

2 Wash hands!
3 Rinse hands and leave wet, and rub palms with salt.
4 Take a handful of rice and make a ball of it, using palm of left hand to form the base, and the palm and fingers of your right hand to form the two sides of a triangle.

5 Toss and rotate so that the side that was on your left palm is now rotated to one of the sides on your right hand.
6 Repeat until you have a nice triangle shape.
7 Repeat starting with rinsing hands and salting hands.
8 Wet hands do not stick to rice, which makes shaping the rice much easier.
9 The salt adds flavor
10 you have to practive a lot on the shape !
11 Now that you have a basic rice ball, you can flavor with any of ingredients or a mix: Sushi Nori- Simply wrap a piece of sushi nori around the rice ball.
12 This is a very basic rice ball, and is seen in many bento's.
13Classic!
14Chinese 5 Spice- I will often add a dash of 5 spice to the salt I'm using to add aroma and taste.
15Don't over do it, 5 spice becomes bitter if u use to much !
16 Toasted Sesame Seeds- Sprinkle on top for aroma and taste.
17 Can also use prepackaged Japanese rice dressing, sold in glass bottles to be shaken over rice for flavor.
18 make a hole into the two flat sides of the onigir and stuff it with waht ever you like
19 Leave open or cover with a strip of sushi nori- not the ume boshi though!
Cook
340 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / Singapore
Offline
Posted 2/26/08

elodie wrote:


krnsoldierofGod wrote:

do you know how to make onigiri? I want to make some


to taste medium grain rice (Korean or Japanese)
to taste water
to taste salt
to taste nori , 1 inch by 5 inch strips (seaweed laver)
to taste Chinese five spice powder
to taste umeboshi (Japanese Pickled Plums)
to taste toasted sesame seeds
to taste canned tuna or smoked salmon

Let rice cool so you don't burn your hands when maing the balls.

2 Wash hands!
3 Rinse hands and leave wet, and rub palms with salt.
4 Take a handful of rice and make a ball of it, using palm of left hand to form the base, and the palm and fingers of your right hand to form the two sides of a triangle.

5 Toss and rotate so that the side that was on your left palm is now rotated to one of the sides on your right hand.
6 Repeat until you have a nice triangle shape.
7 Repeat starting with rinsing hands and salting hands.
8 Wet hands do not stick to rice, which makes shaping the rice much easier.
9 The salt adds flavor
10 you have to practive a lot on the shape !
11 Now that you have a basic rice ball, you can flavor with any of ingredients or a mix: Sushi Nori- Simply wrap a piece of sushi nori around the rice ball.
12 This is a very basic rice ball, and is seen in many bento's.
13Classic!
14Chinese 5 Spice- I will often add a dash of 5 spice to the salt I'm using to add aroma and taste.
15Don't over do it, 5 spice becomes bitter if u use to much !
16 Toasted Sesame Seeds- Sprinkle on top for aroma and taste.
17 Can also use prepackaged Japanese rice dressing, sold in glass bottles to be shaken over rice for flavor.
18 make a hole into the two flat sides of the onigir and stuff it with waht ever you like
19 Leave open or cover with a strip of sushi nori- not the ume boshi though!


Thank you, elodie
I have bought a shape-maker cooking tool of onigiri from the 100Yen shop. Never used it b4 though :p Will be trying out this recipe on my day off. Thanks a million.
Good day
You must be logged in to post.