First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply If Trump is a disaster will everyone vote Democrat in 2020?
2269 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M
Offline
Posted 18 days ago , edited 18 days ago
I was just wondering. What happens if Trump is a huge disaster? Let's say instead of making America great again all Republicans do is repeal women's right to have abortions, help big businesses and not small ones and bring racism to new heights. What if we head into another recession or an actual depression? What will all of you Trump supporters do then? Will you ride that wave of hopeful change that you rode to elect trump and then vote Democrat?

I'm generally curious as to how everyone feels. Just for the sake of argument let's say that Trump is a disaster. Our economy suffers and the racial tensions escalate. Will you all then be willing to vote for the other side? I don't want to start a flame war and this isn't a post about Republicans vs Democrats per se but more of a what if you were all wrong and things get much much worse?

I'm hopeful that despite so many misgivings that Trump can and will do good things. His appointment of Bannon as his Chief Strategist gives me pause though. Sorry but that man and infowars are absolutely insane. Instead of appointing someone who can bring a sigh of relief to the nation he appoints the most racially divisive man he can find. Bannon has been outspoken about blacks, jews and pretty much every other minority out there. He's a real nasty piece of work but this question really isn't about him. Still, history has shown that Trump actually leans more to the left than to the right on many issues so that brings me some relief. I guess only time will tell but what if? If things really get worse what will you do? Who will you vote for?

Hopefully this scenario won't happen and things will either A. Get better or B. stay the same. We'll just have to wait and see. Personally if things get worse I will be voting either All Democrat down the ballot or all independent down the ballot.
2802 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / In a Yaoi Fanfic
Online
Posted 18 days ago , edited 17 days ago
You're generalizing Trump voters too much. Sure a lot of them actually believe in Trump, but there are a lot of reasons people voted for Trump, and this includes, but is not limited to:
- Snuffing out corruption
- Don't want the first female president to be so corrupt
- Voting against the establishment
- Don't want political correctness
- Don't want another Obama
- Wants to avoid world war 3
- Doesn't trust Hillary with nuclear weapons
- Hillary laughs at soldiers who die during war (We came, we saw we died)
- She's untrustworthy because of her lack of consistency on issues
- Those email scandals
- Nobody likes Bill Clinton
- She made a bad Pokemon go joke and then laughed at her own bad joke
- The DNC rigged the primaries in favor of Hillary
- She's not Bernie Sanders
- People believe she should be in jail
- She's a woman (some people are sexist)
- People don't like how she takes bribes from foreign nations
- People don't want Muslims to just be let in without a second thought, just for them to commit acts of terrorism

I could go on and on, but not everyone voted for Trump because they think he'll make America great again, there's a good chance Trump will get booted out in the 2020 election unless he does a good job of being President, or at least a passable job.
2269 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M
Offline
Posted 18 days ago , edited 18 days ago

Dogempire wrote:

You're generalizing Trump voters too much. Sure a lot of them actually believe in Trump, but there are a lot of reasons people voted for Trump, and this includes, but is not limited to:
- Snuffing out corruption
- Don't want the first female president to be so corrupt
- Voting against the establishment
- Don't want political correctness
- Don't want another Obama
- Wants to avoid world war 3
- Doesn't trust Hillary with nuclear weapons
- Hillary laughs at soldiers who die during war (We came, we saw we died)
- She's untrustworthy because of her lack of consistency on issues
- Those email scandals
- Nobody likes Bill Clinton
- She made a bad Pokemon go joke and then laughed at her own bad joke
- The DNC rigged the primaries in favor of Hillary
- She's not Bernie Sanders
- People believe she should be in jail
- She's a woman (some people are sexist)
- People don't like how she takes bribes from foreign nations
- People don't want Muslims to just be let in without a second thought, just for them to commit acts of terrorism

I could go on and on, but not everyone voted for Trump because they think he'll make America great again, there's a good chance Trump will get booted out in the 2020 election unless he does a good job of being President, or at least a passable job.


You're right I am generalizing. Maybe I should be asking this question of die hard supporters and not everyone who voted for Trump because this election showed that many many non Republicans and Independents also voted for Trump. Heck quite a few people who are Republicans also voted for Trump but not necessarily "for Trump" as you say. Still, I'd love to know how die hard supporters feel and what they'd do if things go bad.
1323 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / North
Offline
Posted 18 days ago
To me it doesn't matter if the canadiate is a Democrat or Republican, it depends on who has better plans and if they can execute them.
Banned
6934 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
In a basket of de...
Offline
Posted 18 days ago , edited 17 days ago
I vote for whoever I think will screw up the country the least.
28192 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 18 days ago

TheOriginalStraynge wrote:
I was just wondering. What happens if Trump is a huge disaster? Let's say instead of making America great again all Republicans do is repeal women's right to have abortions, help big businesses and not small ones and bring racism to new heights. What if we head into another recession or an actual depression? What will all of you Trump supporters do then? Will you ride that wave of hopeful change that you rode to elect trump and then vote Democrat?


You might not have to wait that long as we'll get the first referendum on him with the midterms. If the House/Senate flip it'll be a bad sign.

As for being a huge disaster. All signs point to yes and I have yet to see anything that assures me otherwise so far.



TheOriginalStraynge wrote:
His appointment of Bannon as his Chief Strategist gives me pause though. Sorry but that man and infowars are absolutely insane. Instead of appointing someone who can bring a sigh of relief to the nation he appoints the most racially divisive man he can find. Bannon has been outspoken about blacks, jews and pretty much every other minority out there.


Don't forget other fine Bannon thoughts like birth control makes women "sluts" and "unattractive and crazy" or that women should get the fuck off the internet because men invented it and it belongs to them. No seriously, here is the direct quote:


“Women should just log off. Given that men built the internet, along with the rest of modern civilization, I think it’s only fair that they get to keep it.”


So yeah, fine pick there. And thats before you even get in to the fact he's filling his transition team with the very lobbyists and insiders he spent his campaign railing against for votes. When he said "drain the swamp" I guess he meant "into my backyard". -.-


qwueri 
16404 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 18 days ago , edited 18 days ago
Unless Trump manages to turn against the RNC, he'll have the usual partisan support.


runec wrote:

So yeah, fine pick there. And thats before you even get in to the fact he's filling his transition team with the very lobbyists and insiders he spent his campaign railing against for votes. When he said "drain the swamp" I guess he meant "into my backyard". -.-




https://youtu.be/YJDD9WCxYQI?t=686
24251 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 18 days ago , edited 17 days ago
Depends on who they nominate.
28192 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 18 days ago

qwueri wrote:
Unless Trump manages to turn against the RNC, he'll have the usual partisan support.


He *did* turn against the RNC and it didn't matter. >.>




Best and brightest indeed.

Also the whole plotting revenge thing is actually quite disturbing.
qwueri 
16404 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 18 days ago , edited 18 days ago

runec wrote:

He *did* turn against the RNC and it didn't matter. >.>



He was elected despite failing to unite his party behind him. The rest, I suspect, aren't taking most of his rhetoric seriously, since he's already doing the exact opposite of corruption reform.

If he tries to break out of the RNC controlled coral he's trotted into, he's going to find his presidency more hobbled than Obama the past four years. And perhaps even having to run against opponents in the next RNC primary.
18678 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 18 days ago
i have more hope when it comes to -decent-cough- canidates from the rnc than I do the dnc right now lol
10580 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Rabbit Horse
Offline
Posted 18 days ago
i'm hoping 3rd party candidates actually stand a chance next time, though that's maybe hoping too much.
Posted 18 days ago
I too hope for 3rd party
541 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
13 / My Secret Anime C...
Online
Posted 17 days ago
I won't because I'm a conservative and I don't like abortion.
Posted 17 days ago , edited 17 days ago
Oompa Loompa's policies appealed to [some people] because the policies promote racism, female oppression and oppression of minorities. But judging from Oompa's recent interview, he's completely saying the opposite to his own policies, therefore I think that Oompa made those policies to trick[people] into voting for him, making them think that he will make America [slur deleted] Again. But I don't think he will follow through those policies, therefore there will be no disasters.

But in the case it does happen, it wouldn't matter, [people] will continue to vote for the candidate that promote their [own] agendas.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.