First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Post Reply Is wanting a child selfish?
678 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Sacramento, CA
Offline
Posted 11/15/16 , edited 11/15/16

Ryulightorb wrote:
Immortality is possible we are making lifespan last longer and longer there are already immortal animals by nature.

Immortality is possible and will become a reality most likely in my lifetime or my childs.

even if your prepared and ready bringing someone into this world is selfish my parents were prepared and ready and brought me into this world and raised me well and i am well off but they were selfish for what they did and i would never bring a child into this world.


Wanting to bring a new life into this world isn't selfish. Parents sacrifice at least 18 years of their lives and a TON of money for the sake of their children. There is absolutely nothing selfish about that, and calling your parents selfish for giving you life is incredibly ungrateful to the amazing gift they've given you. You're the one being selfish. You should be ashamed of yourself.


HateKillingCamels wrote:

It is, you never asked the child if it wanted to be born.


No shit they never asked. How the hell could they? Just because you occasionally get depressed and think 'I wish I was never born' doesn't mean your parents were selfish for having you. They still sacrificed a LOT for your sake. If you don't want to exist anymore you have the choice to kill yourself if you so choose (suicide is WAY more selfish than having a child btw), a choice you wouldn't have if you never existed.

The only way having a child is ever selfish is if you have a child for selfish reasons, like if a woman decides to get pregnant so she can milk some rich guy for child support. Having a child because you want someone to share your life and your love with is not selfish whatsoever and you emo kids whining about ever being born need to quit this childish bullshit. Yeah, the world can be rough and it can kick you in the balls, but there's beauty in life as well, beauty you would never have known if you were never given the incredible gift of life. If you want your life to be better quit your crying and go out there and make it better.

And this is coming from someone who has no intention of ever having any children for my own selfish reason of 'I don't want that kind of burden in my life.'
Posted 11/15/16 , edited 11/15/16

Ryulightorb wrote:

IMO yes.

I always hear people say my wish for Immortality is selfish but it's like ....so is your wish to have kids.

You bring a life into this world with no choice and it may suffer.
Then you force it to live even if it wants to commit suicide.
i could go on but having children imo is selfish.


Did they program the libido out of you, too? The testosterone's gone, that's for sure.
22085 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 11/15/16

RaisedInACult wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:

IMO yes.

I always hear people say my wish for Immortality is selfish but it's like ....so is your wish to have kids.

You bring a life into this world with no choice and it may suffer.
Then you force it to live even if it wants to commit suicide.
i could go on but having children imo is selfish.


Did they program the libido out of you, too? The testosterone's gone, that's for sure.


I don't have much libido despite taking a ton of testocaps
22085 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 11/15/16 , edited 11/15/16

DrunkKanti wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:
Immortality is possible we are making lifespan last longer and longer there are already immortal animals by nature.

Immortality is possible and will become a reality most likely in my lifetime or my childs.

even if your prepared and ready bringing someone into this world is selfish my parents were prepared and ready and brought me into this world and raised me well and i am well off but they were selfish for what they did and i would never bring a child into this world.


Wanting to bring a new life into this world isn't selfish. Parents sacrifice at least 18 years of their lives and a TON of money for the sake of their children. There is absolutely nothing selfish about that, and calling your parents selfish for giving you life is incredibly ungrateful to the amazing gift they've given you. You're the one being selfish. You should be ashamed of yourself.


HateKillingCamels wrote:

It is, you never asked the child if it wanted to be born.


No shit they never asked. How the hell could they? Just because you occasionally get depressed and think 'I wish I was never born' doesn't mean your parents were selfish for having you. They still sacrificed a LOT for your sake. If you don't want to exist anymore you have the choice to kill yourself if you so choose (suicide is WAY more selfish than having a child btw), a choice you wouldn't have if you never existed.

The only way having a child is ever selfish is if you have a child for selfish reasons, like if a woman decides to get pregnant so she can milk some rich guy for child support. Having a child because you want someone to share your life and your love with is not selfish whatsoever and you emo kids whining about ever being born need to quit this childish bullshit. Yeah, the world can be rough and it can kick you in the balls, but there's beauty in life as well, beauty you would never have known if you were never given the incredible gift of life. If you want your life to be better quit your crying and go out there and make it better.

And this is coming from someone who has no intention of ever having any children for my own selfish reason of 'I don't want that kind of burden in my life.'




"Wanting to bring a new life into this world isn't selfish. Parents sacrifice at least 18 years of their lives and a TON of money for the sake of their children. There is absolutely nothing selfish about that, and calling your parents selfish for giving you life is incredibly ungrateful to the amazing gift they've given you. You're the one being selfish. You should be ashamed of yourself. "

It's no more selfish then immortality.
My life was not a gift nor is it a curse it is just what it is i was created so that my parents genes may be passed down.
I personally believe it is selfish no that being selfish is a bad thing.
Posted 11/15/16

Ryulightorb wrote:


I don't have much libido despite taking a ton of testocaps


stay off the porn sites, kid. it'll imbalance your endocrine system and you will never be happy with a shitty performing endocrine system

its in the mind, there's nerves that attach to your nuts that tell them to produce when the thoughts occur. hard wired, no pun intended.
22085 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 11/15/16

RaisedInACult wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:


I don't have much libido despite taking a ton of testocaps


stay off the porn sites, kid. it'll imbalance your endocrine system and you will never be happy with a shitty performing endocrine system

its in the mind, there's nerves that attach to your nuts that tell them to produce when the thoughts occur. hard wired, no pun intended.


I don't use porn sites xD
1576 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / many homes differ...
Offline
Posted 11/15/16
Not selfish as long as your prepared to care for said children.. that is with out asking others to feed and care for it.
2406 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/15/16

DrunkKanti wrote:

No shit they never asked. How the hell could they? Just because you occasionally get depressed and think 'I wish I was never born' doesn't mean your parents were selfish for having you. They still sacrificed a LOT for your sake. If you don't want to exist anymore you have the choice to kill yourself if you so choose (suicide is WAY more selfish than having a child btw), a choice you wouldn't have if you never existed.

The only way having a child is ever selfish is if you have a child for selfish reasons, like if a woman decides to get pregnant so she can milk some rich guy for child support. Having a child because you want someone to share your life and your love with is not selfish whatsoever and you emo kids whining about ever being born need to quit this childish bullshit. Yeah, the world can be rough and it can kick you in the balls, but there's beauty in life as well, beauty you would never have known if you were never given the incredible gift of life. If you want your life to be better quit your crying and go out there and make it better.

And this is coming from someone who has no intention of ever having any children for my own selfish reason of 'I don't want that kind of burden in my life.'


I mean I was saying it as a joke , but I don't think telling a suicidal person to "quit your crying and go out there and make it better", is going to make them feel any better lel.
Posted 11/15/16
???
37990 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 11/15/16
It is selfish. But it's not a bad selfish.
27562 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Kaguya's Panties
Offline
Posted 11/15/16
Forget selfish or not. It's straight up pointless.
Sogno- 
46329 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/15/16
no, that doesn't even make sense

UNLESS... you want a child to get money from someone i.e. the government or something. lots of people have children and then blow the child support money on themselves
18633 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / SoFlo
Offline
Posted 11/16/16 , edited 11/17/16
I see a lot of young people in this thread have a lot of negativity. It's kinda sad.

It's not selfish to have a child, but there are selfish reasons. There's a difference.

Most people have a child to not only enrich their life but their spouse/partner, family & friends. It's a decision you make not only for yourself but the people you care for. Giving a grandparent a grandchild or a sister a little brother is giving them something very precious.

And most important you make the decision to sacrifice. Giving up time for hobbies like TV, gaming hanging out with friends,staying up late etc. All in order to give this little human a happy and loved life. How is that selfish?

And if you still don't get it Imagine this: Wake up in the morning to make breakfast, school lunch, make sure they brush their teeth, get dressed, drop them off, pick them up, set up play dates, cleaning up rooms, help with homework, bath time, reading time, bed time, etc. The list can go on. (change dippers too)

It sounds like hell, but there's nothing like the love of a daughter who adores her father. When that kid smiles and hugs me, there's nothing wrong in the world.

43729 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / New Jersey, USA
Online
Posted 11/15/16
Some say it is while others say it isn't. I guess we'll never know.
17135 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / M / Verginia
Offline
Posted 11/16/16
I f two people who have cohabitaded long enough that they feel they are truly ready to commit to sacrificing the 26 years and hundreds of thousands of dollars that it takes to bring a child to adulthood I would have to say no. That is truly the most selfless thing a couple can do. But, if someone is doing it for selfish reasons like, trapping their partner, avoiding having to get a job, getting out of their parents house, ect... Well, that is probably the most disgusting self serving thing a person can do. And those people are truly human trash. That is a child, a small precious human being not a life support system for free money or control of a partner who doesn't love you.
1107 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Somewhere Drinking
Offline
Posted 11/15/16

qualeshia3 wrote:

Some say it is while others say it isn't. I guess we'll never know.


It's all individual preferences.
17688 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / B.C, Canada
Offline
Posted 11/16/16

Ryulightorb wrote:

IMO yes.

I always hear people say my wish for Immortality is selfish but it's like ....so is your wish to have kids.

You bring a life into this world with no choice and it may suffer.
Then you force it to live even if it wants to commit suicide.
i could go on but having children imo is selfish.



Geez mate the world ain't that bad of a place and I speak as a soldier who has done things that you can't even dream of.


To answer the OP's question no I do not think the actual act of procreation is selfish in and of itself. However some people should frankly not be having children. It is a commitment many people fail to live up to.
43729 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / New Jersey, USA
Online
Posted 11/15/16

Adjacent-Taurus wrote:


qualeshia3 wrote:

Some say it is while others say it isn't. I guess we'll never know.


It's all individual preferences.


Indeed.
69868 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / New Haven,CT
Offline
Posted 11/16/16
Yes.
17685 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hoosierville
Offline
Posted 11/15/16

qualeshia3 wrote:

So tell me is wanting to have a child a selfish thing to do? As oppose to not wanting a child, how is having a child deemed selfish? What do you think?


Enjoy!!!


Who cares? If you want it you want it. Its no one else's business but your own.
12875 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / M / Auburn, Washington
Offline
Posted 11/16/16
Everything you want is selfish. That's what the words "want" and "selfish" mean.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.