First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
Post Reply Do you hate how happy people are?
17830 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / SoFlo
Offline
Posted 20 days ago
Do you have any plans on moving away? Maybe going to college or move away for a new job is a great way to get a fresh start. I know it's much easier said than done but an exit strategy might be in order.

My brother has been a shut in for more than a decade. He has no friends (outside of XBL friends), super anti social and has difficulty keeping a normal conversation and getting a decent job. He also had a resentment towards happy people (even me). He was miserable but finally decided join the Army Reserves.
20809 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Online
Posted 20 days ago

zangeif123 wrote:

Do you have any plans on moving away? Maybe going to college or move away for a new job is a great way to get a fresh start. I know it's much easier said than done but an exit strategy might be in order.

My brother has been a shut in for more than a decade. He has no friends (outside of XBL friends), super anti social and has difficulty keeping a normal conversation and getting a decent job. He also had a resentment towards happy people (even me). He was miserable but finally decided join the Army Reserves.


I do when i can afford to.

Until then all i can do is study and wait
981 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Miami/Hawaii
Offline
Posted 20 days ago
I dunno, I guess its just a petty issue, many people have this problem, quite commonly at that! I know plenty of people with it despite it being an obscure bother that most people try hiding.
14755 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 20 days ago , edited 20 days ago

Ryulightorb wrote:
So it always annoys me to see people always happy whether it be a relationship ( i hate seeing those and tend to avoid going in public so i don't have to see that) or people smiling 24/7.

I honestly hate it and wish i saw more frowns i mean frowns are sad and bad but the amount of happy people smiling all the time around me makes me feel sick and it just feels artificial.


Misery loves company, and gets hangovers on Monday morning when it realizes it doesn't get any.

Theological issues aside, in any atheist discussion (no, not going there, just demonstrating for example), there will always spring up what I call the "Bi-Curious Question":
Yeah, you people are grinning deluded idiots who don't know what an apocalyptic mess our world is in, but well...how do you manage so WELL being grinning deluded idiots who don't know what an apocalyptic mess our world is in? Isn't it, like, hard for you? Like...got any tips on how to do it?

One of the things that just sandpapered up my (male) spine watching Disney's Frozen was that we had a female screenwriter and director writing a character who was supposed to be a perpetually cheery optimist.
And to female screenwriters, a perpetual optimist is a non-stop hyperactive human-squirrel annoyance, a nails-on-chalkboard lunatic just ASKING to ruin her life by jumping into the arms of bad-relationship Mr. Wrong, and living unhappily-ever-after like anyone else who isn't cynical about the world and expects bad things and disappointment to happen at all times.

There's an old saying: The alcoholic always wants to buy everyone ELSE in the room a drink, so he won't be the only one.
5186 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
15 / M / California
Offline
Posted 20 days ago
No, it makes me happy when others are happy
22126 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F
Offline
Posted 20 days ago , edited 20 days ago
I'm the opposite, I can only take so much gloom before I have to distance myself from people. Of course if a person is going through a rough spot I'll help them, and I'm patient with my friends who have depression, but some people just aren't willing to get out and smell the roses.
Sogno- 
45684 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 20 days ago
i used to feel that way. then i became really happy all the time. and now im just old and became blah. i feel neither happy nor sad


Ryulightorb wrote:

But is it worth it to be happy all the time?
Being sad is also nice balance is best is it not?


no... being sad is the worst
4583 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / Decemberunderground
Offline
Posted 20 days ago , edited 20 days ago

Ryulightorb wrote:

So it always annoys me to see people always happy whether it be a relationship ( i hate seeing those and tend to avoid going in public so i don't have to see that) or people smiling 24/7.

I honestly hate it and wish i saw more frowns i mean frowns are sad and bad but the amount of happy people smiling all the time around me makes me feel sick and it just feels artificial.

I have only noticed one person ever stand out and they were someone who were not putting on a fake smile.

I dunno it just bugs me and after recent events in my life i have stopped going out nearly full stop due to how much it all annoys me


Well aren't you a terrible person and petty too and I thought I was a horrible person.
42405 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 20 days ago
I only hate how crazy the world is.
20809 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Online
Posted 20 days ago

Kerst wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:

So it always annoys me to see people always happy whether it be a relationship ( i hate seeing those and tend to avoid going in public so i don't have to see that) or people smiling 24/7.

I honestly hate it and wish i saw more frowns i mean frowns are sad and bad but the amount of happy people smiling all the time around me makes me feel sick and it just feels artificial.

I have only noticed one person ever stand out and they were someone who were not putting on a fake smile.

I dunno it just bugs me and after recent events in my life i have stopped going out nearly full stop due to how much it all annoys me


Well aren't you a terrible person and petty too and I thought I was a horrible person.


If that makes me terrible then 99% of the world are monsters XD
4583 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / Decemberunderground
Offline
Posted 20 days ago , edited 20 days ago

Ryulightorb wrote:


Kerst wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:

So it always annoys me to see people always happy whether it be a relationship ( i hate seeing those and tend to avoid going in public so i don't have to see that) or people smiling 24/7.

I honestly hate it and wish i saw more frowns i mean frowns are sad and bad but the amount of happy people smiling all the time around me makes me feel sick and it just feels artificial.

I have only noticed one person ever stand out and they were someone who were not putting on a fake smile.

I dunno it just bugs me and after recent events in my life i have stopped going out nearly full stop due to how much it all annoys me


Well aren't you a terrible person and petty too and I thought I was a horrible person.


If that makes me terrible then 99% of the world are monsters XD


That's a overestimation if anything. Pick a name from your hat and you'll be one of those happy people you hate for about a day.
20809 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Online
Posted 20 days ago , edited 17 days ago

Kerst wrote:

That's a overestimation if anything. Pick a name from your hate and you'll be happy again.


Not really a lot of people do and feel worse then hating how happy others are.

My hatred for other people's happiness exists due to my situation and past experiences.
I don't hate people I just hate how they can be so happy whilst others are abused and betrayed and hurt.
3167 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / In a Yaoi Fanfic
Online
Posted 20 days ago
Not really, I just hate those types of people who rub their relationship in your face.
4583 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / Decemberunderground
Offline
Posted 20 days ago , edited 17 days ago

Dogempire wrote:

Not really, I just hate those types of people who rub their relationship in your face.


Like RYU screaming he loves someone everytime he fancies someone for a total of 5 hours?


Ryulightorb wrote:

Not really a lot of people do and feel worse then hating how happy others are.

My hatred for other people's happiness exists due to my situation and past experiences.
I don't hate people I just hate how they can be so happy whilst others are abused and betrayed and hurt.


You're 19 and you thinking/talking like a 16 year old.
Humms 
10547 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / CAN, ON
Offline
Posted 20 days ago
Yes, their smiling faces bring me no happines. Like when I walk into the grocery store and I see those big posters up on the walls with those fake over the top smiles. Nobody is ever that happy! I mean at least Jamie Oliver can keep his cool about it. These people need to calm the fuck down

Yeah I'm a shut in to, I just don't bitch about to other people because I actually enjoy my life. I dunno it's the craziest thing.

1410 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / North
Offline
Posted 20 days ago

SirBacon12 wrote:

No, it makes me happy when others are happy


That's nice, don't ever change!
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.