First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply Boycotting
15039 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27
Offline
Posted 17 days ago
Can someone explain to me what is going on? I seem to have missed some bit of internet drama.

Am I going to get blocked from watching anime on this site if I post something in the forums that a mod doesn't like now, or is this just something that impacts the forums?
46637 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 17 days ago


Notice the "or like minded individuals" in parentheses. I don't recall anyone throwing a fit when that peripheral visionary guy was banned for the 9 millionth time. I've had quite a few posts deleted when I didn't direct a comment to anyone specifically or I veered off track, but it was easy to infer what or who I was referring to so you don't see me making threads to complain about my unfair treatment. So far as I can tell they don't let personal bias affect much, not that I agree with their decisions half the time. Hell, Lorreen seems to agree more with you guys politically and socially based on the few times Ive seen her interject with her opinion (find her Hitler wasn't so bad comment). Also the timing of that first thread being closed doesn't matter a whole lot since the point of you making an entirely new thread to bitch about it still applies. I didn't care to participate in said thread, but I read some of the early comments posted and they were most definitely personal attacks, whether or not that girls initial post was viable. Everyone could have just moved along and not gone with the personal attacks, but she dared to mention white people specifically so it was on.
46637 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 17 days ago

gghadur77 wrote:

Can someone explain to me what is going on? I seem to have missed some bit of internet drama.

Am I going to get blocked from watching anime on this site if I post something in the forums that a mod doesn't like now, or is this just something that impacts the forums?


Nah, they can't block you from watching anime. Just a timeout on the forums if you say something stupid.
5318 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 17 days ago , edited 17 days ago

rawratl wrote:



Notice the "or like minded individuals" in parentheses. I don't recall anyone throwing a fit when that peripheral visionary guy was banned for the 9 millionth time. I've had quite a few posts deleted when I didn't direct a comment to anyone specifically or I veered off track, but it was easy to infer what or who I was referring to so you don't see me making threads to complain about my unfair treatment. So far as I can tell they don't let personal bias affect much, not that I agree with their decisions half the time. Hell, Lorreen seems to agree more with you guys politically and socially based on the few times Ive seen her interject with her opinion (find her Hitler wasn't so bad comment). Also the timing of that first thread being closed doesn't matter a whole lot since the point of you making an entirely new thread to bitch about it still applies. I didn't care to participate in said thread, but I read some of the early comments posted and they were most definitely personal attacks, whether or not that girls initial post was viable. Everyone could have just moved along and not gone with the personal attacks, but she dared to mention white people specifically so it was on.


Lol, this will be my last comment to you in this thread because conversation drags when I have to explain every extrapolation.

You cannot say "like minded people" even in your special little parenthesis if you can not accurately determine my state of mind or perspective. Which my entire post was debunking your notion that you had.

Considering your comments are generally far more to the left than even most our left leaning members, I doubt you have ever had a comment deleted because of its right leaning nature. The comments deleted were relevant to the thread, just dissenting (and respectfully too), unlike your own admittedly off topic comments. And again this is all "so far as you can tell". This is a traceable occurrence that multiple members have posted about over a lengthy span of time. Not just mine and not just related to one incident.

Again, you say Lorreen "seems to", but the consensus is against you, and really that is just poor judgement. Lorreen is undoubtedly left in her behavior.

Some of the comments were personal, but not all or even most of the comments removed.

Everyone could have moved along, but she did mention white people specifically. So yes, whether it is white people or black, or latino, or pretty much anything but eskimo, people would be justifiable enraged that a demographic was allowed to be excluded, that's called racism and we should make moves to express or disdain for it, even when it is against white people.
5318 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 17 days ago , edited 17 days ago

gghadur77 wrote:

Can someone explain to me what is going on? I seem to have missed some bit of internet drama.

Am I going to get blocked from watching anime on this site if I post something in the forums that a mod doesn't like now, or is this just something that impacts the forums?


A user tried to make a "safe space" thread that attempted to exclude white males, obviously against the rules and not cool. When people posted about it and were less than pleased, dissenting posts (whether respectful or not) were deleted arbitrarily and the mods would not answer questions as to why other than saying they were "meta-commentary". This thread was started as a response, and explicitly allows for anything that may be deemed "meta-commentary" so we can find out why that thread was allowed to exist and the Mods behavior allowed.
9757 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Johnstown, PA, USA
Offline
Posted 17 days ago

DeadlyOats wrote:

It's closed. That didn't take long at all.

I need to go get something to eat. Bye.

Before I go eat. You do realize that boycotting means NOT WATCHING ANIME on CR. Right? Not happening, dude. Otaku need their fix.


No, you can watch without a subscription. You just have annoying ads popping up. The manga section is off-limits for non-subscribers, and profile personalization is very limited. Non-subscribers miss out store deals, and new episodes are delayed for viewing. I didn't purchase a subscription until this past summer, but have been watching anime on CR for a long while before then, not including free trials.
46637 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 17 days ago


HA, so you admit it was because she mentioned white people specifically. I have never seen a single one of you dispute Amyas when he enters every thread to talk about how black people are genetically inferior, prone to violence, and he has a gun so he can shoot them. Or when Redokami makes 10 million threads to highlight every twitter mention of BLM as terrorists. So in the end it was your own double standard. Im done with replying to you in this thread too.
967 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Somewhere Drinking
Offline
Posted 17 days ago
Boycott the Anime to protest the forums........great.
19480 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / NYC Metro Area
Offline
Posted 17 days ago , edited 17 days ago
Wait why are people boycotting? I understand the video player on this site blows, but I have a lot of respect for CR securing large numbers of simulcasts every season and I'm therefore pretty appreciative of what they do for us. Guess I missed something.
9757 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Johnstown, PA, USA
Offline
Posted 17 days ago , edited 17 days ago

Dogempire wrote:

It's not so much promoting anti-white hate as it is simply allowing the thread to exist and keeping everyone on topic on the thread.

That being said, I thought the thread was fine as is until the OP mentioned something about white tears. Probably would have been a good time to tell the OP to quit being racist.

That being said, I don't think it's something to be worried about, the mods aren't banning Trump supporters or something, so I'm not worried.


The original OP was explicitly racist (referring to the thread description), as well, until mods altered it. I was banned for losing my cool and calling the OP out on it, as well as for partially assuming that the thread is a troll. When branded a "bully," I had a private conversation, voiced my concerns, and worked one or two minor things out. At this point, I'm holding my breathe and waiting for the climax of our drama.
One Punch Mod
85792 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 17 days ago , edited 17 days ago

gghadur77 wrote:
Am I going to get blocked from watching anime on this site if I post something in the forums that a mod doesn't like now, or is this just something that impacts the forums?


Bans affect only the social aspects of the site. When you are banned you can still watch all the anime you are normally accustomed to watching here.



5318 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 17 days ago

kevz_210 wrote:

Wait why are people boycotting? I understand the video player on this site blows, but I have a lot of respect for CR securing large numbers of simulcasts every season and I'm therefore pretty appreciative of what they do for us. Guess I missed something.


Boycotting because the user Belladonna girl created a "safe space" thread with fragrant prejudice to white people. When users expressed their dissent they were banned/ had their comments deleted under the guise of the comments "being too meta" instead of the mods taking note of the racist behavior and closing the thread. The comments deleted included both rude and respectful, and were mostly relevant, the only true pattern in them was their dissent of CR allowing such a thread/bending the rules to accommodate such a thread.
5318 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 17 days ago , edited 17 days ago

rawratl wrote:



HA, so you admit it was because she mentioned white people specifically. I have never seen a single one of you dispute Amyas when he enters every thread to talk about how black people are genetically inferior, prone to violence, and he has a gun so he can shoot them. Or when Redokami makes 10 million threads to highlight every twitter mention of BLM as terrorists. So in the end it was your own double standard. Im done with replying to you in this thread too.



I take back what I said about not replying, that comment was silly enough that surely even you have to agree it was poorly conceived, As I have said multiple times, this thread came to be for multiple reasons and the discussions allowed in it incorporate multiple discussion points. Yes, one of the reasons for the creation of this thread was because the flagrant prejudice allowed in the other thread, it is part of the reason but not THE reason, believe it or not things can be more than just black or white.

In this thread alone, I believe I did express dissent for a user calling for violence against left wing ideologies. I have never seen RedOkami say anything about black people being genetically inferior but if I do I assure you I will express my disdain for such opinions as well.

No double standards, only your poorly conceived bias.
19480 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / NYC Metro Area
Offline
Posted 17 days ago

Punk_Mela wrote:


kevz_210 wrote:

Wait why are people boycotting? I understand the video player on this site blows, but I have a lot of respect for CR securing large numbers of simulcasts every season and I'm therefore pretty appreciative of what they do for us. Guess I missed something.


Boycotting because the user Belladonna girl created a "safe space" thread with fragrant prejudice to white people. When users expressed their dissent they were banned/ had their comments deleted under the guise of the comments "being too meta" instead of the mods taking note of the racist behavior and closing the thread. The comments deleted included both rude and respectful, and were mostly relevant, the only true pattern in them was their dissent of CR allowing such a thread/bending the rules to accommodate such a thread.



I mean, if you want a private thread start in a group, doesn't seem like rocket science to me.
I'm all for free speech even borderline hate speech, even though I personally find it disgusting. That being said if you allow one group to say something on an open thread, an opposing side should be allowed to present their case with bans or mutes only being related to personal attacks or violations of forum rules that are evenly applied to all parties.




1449 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23
Offline
Posted 17 days ago , edited 17 days ago
Ironically, I actually did think about boycotting CR a few weeks ago because I felt like the community here was one that I really didn't want to encourage. I didn't have any particular demands, except perhaps the reintroduction of ED. However, eventually I decided that it was best to separate CR the company from its social services.

Even more ironically, what happened in the safe spaces thread almost led me to the same conclusion (boycott) for the complete opposite reason as the one presented in this thread. Funny how these things work.

But I think I was just unduly grouchy recently - perhaps because some of the people I hang around are always so grouchy. Need to be more careful to not let that rub off on me!
1442 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 17 days ago , edited 17 days ago
i was also banned for being vocal in that thread

but still i don't see the point of boycotting a service as a whole over some nameless employee

unless that person is the CEO of Crunchyroll --

we got some vocal anti-trump stuff going around from some CEOs -- with one sounded like a potential terrorist

i'm sure guys heard of the CEO of grubhub and his -- "don't agree with my view turn in your resignation letter" ?

now this guy.. CEO of Packetsled

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Matt-Harrigan-PacketSled-CEO-Trump-Threats-401134605.html

pretty sure these two would be considered as the "educated" voters-- they made it to CEO after all..



First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.