Have you ever accidentally swallowed mouthwash?
11766 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 11/16/16
I've come close to doing this a number of times but have thankfully never actually swallowed any.

If you have ever done so, did you call a Poison Control Center as many labels suggest? Did you do nothing about it and end up being perfectly fine?

I admit this is a pretty random topic. But this nearly happened to me just a few minutes ago, so it made me curious enough to ask people about it...
7011 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / O / Cyberspace
Offline
Posted 11/16/16
Mouth wash, more like moth wash.

It tastes so bad it makes me want to vomit, there's no way I could swallow it.
35947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 11/16/16
You should be fine if you only swallow a bit - i.e. the amount you're typically swishing about in your mouth when using it. It might give you an upset stomach or make you throw up at worst, but it shouldn't kill you.

However if you drink it you'd probably best call for an ambulance.
1089 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / England
Offline
Posted 11/16/16 , edited 11/16/16
I've done it on multiple occasions despite the disgusting taste and feeling it hasn't killed me though.

Just to clarify by accident.
108 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 11/16/16
I've only ever swallowed toothpaste, and I thought I was going to drop dead. It was HORRIBLE
Posted 11/16/16
It's interesting what they do to mouthwash.

See, technically, it is alcohol, but to avoid taxation as alcohol, they add an addictive to it to pretty much make it poisonous to consume.
Posted 11/16/16
By accident
34165 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / St.Louis
Offline
Posted 11/16/16
yah buddy
One Punch Mod
116454 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 26 days ago
Year-end cleanup. Closing threads with no new posts since 12/31/2016.
You must be logged in to post.