First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
Students hold 'sh*t-in' for gender-neutral bathrooms
Posted 11/16/16 , edited 11/16/16

Ranwolf wrote:


Amyas_Leigh wrote:

Wait I thought they were just going to convert regular shitters to 'gender neutral' ones


And now we get to the part I disagree with the people in the article about. A much more harmonious solution would simply to build a third bathroom. It'd cost what 4 or 5 k at best and we'd have to pay a janitor an extra hour's wage to clean it. A rather cheap price for equality and peace methinks.


$5k too add bathroom in a college? lol.

First you have to find a space for it.
Then you have to cut the concreate floor open for the sewer line to join an existing toilet.
Then you have to build the walls and a door.
Then you have to run the plumbing for a toilet and a sink.
The fixtures that you use also have to be handicap accessible.
Then you need to run the electricity for a light, fan, switch, GFI receptacle and emergency light .
You need a fire strobe and horn tied into the fire alarm system.
Then paint, tile, drop ceiling (most likely).
Railing for the handicap toilet.
Plus the cost of the plumbing fixtures, lights, fans
Costs of building, plumbing, electrical, fire permits.
Universities use union labor, so figure at least $60/hr for plumber,electrician, carpenter and alarm guys.

I'd say you are looking at roughly $15-20k for adding a small single occupancy bathroom. That's being cheap with the materials.
Posted 11/16/16

Ranwolf wrote:

I know right, it's a simple ,elegant solution..And yet people are going to find fault with it..cause that's what people do.


simple, if money is no object

but no, easier and no skin off your ass either way to force people to spend an extra 10k for every time they want to put a bathroom in a public location.



please dont ever apply for something where you are put in charge of spending other people's money
1013 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 11/16/16
I think they should change the signs on all restrooms. They should no long say Mens and Womens, and they should no longer have the stick figures that represent both. They should be replaced with Penis and Vagina, and images representing both. This should fix the problem. If you have a penis you go into the restroom labeled for penis, same with vagina. Although that would still piss people off so we would need to create a third restroom labeled butt-hole which can be used by anyone since I'm pretty sure everyone has one of those at least.
Posted 11/16/16
Also, Construction would probably take about 2-3 weeks depending on how often the town's inspectors inspect.
Construction would probably have to be done during 3rd shift because of the dust and noise that's an additional15% to labor costs for shift work.
Posted 11/16/16
*bumped because of spammer*
31101 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 11/16/16 , edited 11/16/16
There's a reason we have separate restrooms, it's called privacy from the opposite gender when we're relieving ourselves. Stop being selfish and forcing us to create unisex restrooms when not everyone is comfortable w/ that. Plus, really? A third restroom for transgenders @ranwolf? F*** me, this LGBT outcry is getting to be a little too much. Cool, you're f****** transgender, quit yelling about it and demanding "rights" just because you like to play dress up. You people don't even make up 1%, quit this nonsense.
5365 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 11/16/16

Ranwolf wrote:

Oh yes god forbid we respect the choices people make. Nope let's force 'em to obey Hiel Hitler..I mean the sister fucking red necks who think in such narrow terms.


The bigotry and racism is alive and well with you, isn't it?
Posted 11/16/16 , edited 11/16/16
I say hand them a shovel, some TP, and then point to the nearest exit.
1695 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M
Offline
Posted 11/16/16 , edited 11/16/16
This issue has always been absolute crap... We've always had gender neutral bathrooms. It's just up to the business whether or not they want to provide such a facility.

6895 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Temple of Yaoiism
Offline
Posted 11/16/16

Lemontitties wrote:

There's a reason we have separate restrooms, it's called privacy from the opposite gender when we're relieving ourselves. Stop being selfish and forcing us to create unisex restrooms when not everyone is comfortable w/ that. Plus, really? A third restroom for transgenders @ranwolf? F*** me, this LGBT outcry is getting to be a little too much. Cool, you're f****** transgender, quit yelling about it and demanding "rights" just because you like to play dress up. You people don't even make up 1%, quit this nonsense.


Just because they're less than 1 percent of the population doesn't mean they shouldn't have rights.

31101 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 11/16/16 , edited 11/16/16


One person at a time gender neutrals have definitely been around for a long time, but that's the difference. It's one at a time.

My issue w/ the LGBT community is they want this complete, unisex restroom w/ several stalls imposed at a national level and are demanding this to be a right. I mean some of them even want a third restroom to be created just for them, no no no no no.
31101 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 11/16/16

Dogempire wrote:

Just because they're less than 1 percent of the population doesn't mean they shouldn't have rights.



It does when it affects the rest of us Dogempire.
6895 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Temple of Yaoiism
Offline
Posted 11/16/16

Lemontitties wrote:


Dogempire wrote:

Just because they're less than 1 percent of the population doesn't mean they shouldn't have rights.



It does when it affects the rest of us Dogempire.


Tell that to white southerners in the 1960's.
27179 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 11/16/16 , edited 11/16/16

Xxanthar wrote:

$5k too add bathroom in a college? lol.

First you have to find a space for it.
Then you have to cut the concreate floor open for the sewer line to join an existing toilet.
Then you have to build the walls and a door.
Then you have to run the plumbing for a toilet and a sink.
The fixtures that you use also have to be handicap accessible.
Then you need to run the electricity for a light, fan, switch, GFI receptacle and emergency light .
You need a fire strobe and horn tied into the fire alarm system.
Then paint, tile, drop ceiling (most likely).
Railing for the handicap toilet.
Plus the cost of the plumbing fixtures, lights, fans
Costs of building, plumbing, electrical, fire permits.
Universities use union labor, so figure at least $60/hr for plumber,electrician, carpenter and alarm guys.

I'd say you are looking at roughly $15-20k for adding a small single occupancy bathroom. That's being cheap with the materials.


Oh good. So it only costs half of one student's tuition.



I mean what are we going to do guys? WHAT IF IT COSTS ONE STUDENT'S TUITION!??

That's too much. We need it for the $6.5 Million bell tower.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.