First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
Students hold 'sh*t-in' for gender-neutral bathrooms
7043 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Earth
Offline
Posted 22 days ago

octorockandroll wrote:



I can get behind this. I'm uncomfortable with anybody being in the same bathroom as me when I go to piss. I prefer those singular restrooms, and there's really very little point in sepearating those if only 1 person is gonne be in it at a time.



What about public places where lots of people go? Single occupancy bathrooms will be pretty inconvenient.
4846 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Online
Posted 22 days ago

Lemontitties wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:

Because it perpetuates the negative stigma associated with them, and does not line up with their actual gender of course.


That's not a very important, non-petty reason to be completely frank w/ you. In fact, that's the pettiest explanation I've heard.


My turn: why can't you let a transgender person use the restroom that corresponds with their gender? Give me one good reason. Give me one, very important, non-petty reason why they can't.


That corresponds w/ their gender? We already do...? We have men and women restrooms corresponding to our gender and have had them for a very long time my friend. Just because they're playing dress up does not make them a woman or vice versa


Just because you don't know what transgenderism is does not make what you say correct.
28685 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 22 days ago

Xxanthar wrote:


Why discriminate against cat people? Do they have less rights than a transgender? If so, who decided?


I absolutely love you.
4846 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Online
Posted 22 days ago , edited 22 days ago

Xxanthar wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:



I can get behind this. I'm uncomfortable with anybody being in the same bathroom as me when I go to piss. I prefer those singular restrooms, and there's really very little point in sepearating those if only 1 person is gonne be in it at a time.



What about public places where lots of people go? Single occupancy bathrooms will be pretty inconvenient.


I'm not saying multiple occupancy bathrooms are pointless, I'm just saying I prefer the privacy offered by single occupancy.
28685 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 22 days ago

octorockandroll wrote:


Just because you don't know what transgenderism is does not make what you say correct.


Transgender is nothing more than a mental illness. Do you really think people are born in the wrong bodies for Christ's sake? I'm fairly sure we'd have a LOT more transgenders in our world if it was not a mental illness, don't you think?
7043 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Earth
Offline
Posted 22 days ago
I'd prefer a toilet with a nice heated, cushioned, seat when I take a dump. Doesn't mean i'll get it.
4846 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Online
Posted 22 days ago , edited 22 days ago
For those interested in actually learning facts behind this whole thing, gender identity in humans exists on a fluid spectrum. It is not necessarily correlated with sex and it is not binary

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/01/150107082133.htm

4846 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Online
Posted 22 days ago

Lemontitties wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:


Just because you don't know what transgenderism is does not make what you say correct.


Transgender is nothing more than a mental illness. Do you really think people are born in the wrong bodies for Christ's sake? I'm fairly sure we'd have a LOT more transgenders in our world if it was not a mental illness, don't you think?


A mental illness is only defined as such when it directly causes negative symptoms. Transgenderism does none of that.
4846 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Online
Posted 22 days ago

Xxanthar wrote:

I'd prefer a toilet with a nice heated, cushioned, seat when I take a dump. Doesn't mean i'll get it.


Dude, I am not saying single occupancy bathrooms need to become ubiquitous. I just said they are what I personally prefer.
36014 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Georgia, USA
Online
Posted 22 days ago , edited 22 days ago

octorockandroll wrote:

For those actually interested in actually learning facts behind this whole thing, gender identity in humans exists on a fluid spectrum. It is not necessarily correlated with sex and it is not binary




'science daily dot com'
7043 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Earth
Offline
Posted 22 days ago
Do we have to build this dragon person it's own cave?

4846 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Online
Posted 22 days ago , edited 22 days ago

Amyas_Leigh wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:

For those actually interested in actually learning facts behind this whole thing, gender identity in humans exists on a fluid spectrum. It is not necessarily correlated with sex and it is not binary




'science daily dot com'


The text in question is a study conducted by the Medical University of Vienna, you're really not going to discredit it based on its source (or based on anything really) but nice try.
9562 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Imoutoland!
Online
Posted 22 days ago

Lemontitties wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:


Just because you don't know what transgenderism is does not make what you say correct.


Transgender is nothing more than a mental illness. Do you really think people are born in the wrong bodies for Christ's sake? I'm fairly sure we'd have a LOT more transgenders in our world if it was not a mental illness, don't you think?



Lack of being neurotypical, or common, does not beget categorization as a mental illness, although there is some truth to it. If something is neurotypical, then a strong case is made that it isn't a mental illness. You see it a lot with many professionals arguing against the rampant diagnosis of autism as to what it is today given that some people don't want to socialize because they were just born not wanting to socialize.

Although, you seem to be arguing against what many psychologists say these days without offering evidence, on the basis that these psychologists and mental health experts are untrustworthy.


Let's be clear, just because one agrees that transgenderism is not a mental illness does not mean they have to agree with the measures taking place to accommodate, however it would be appreciate by those scientifically literate if one does concede to the facts.

36014 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Georgia, USA
Online
Posted 22 days ago

Xxanthar wrote:

Do we have to build this dragon person it's own cave?



Wew I liked monmusu quest but in real life its a little... eh... nasty
36014 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Georgia, USA
Online
Posted 22 days ago , edited 22 days ago

octorockandroll wrote:



The text in question is a study conducted by the Medical University of Vienna, you're really not going to discredit it based on its source (or based on anything really) but nice try.


A Uni in italy... one of the non-countries being ravaged by PC politics... Yeah its a real credible source. lmao
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.