Post Reply Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization for PS4 and PS Vita
2606 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Whale Island
Offline
Posted 22 days ago
I own both consoles and obviously prefer the PS4 over my Vita despite the fact my Vita came first in order i acquired them.

Has anyone bought or is playing this game?

Any feed back anyone ?

Being curious here i follow them on Facebook and was watching the updates during the year and was really looking forward to it and for me it was worth the wait the game after a slow start has sunk it's fangs in deep i have peeled myself away this evening for a mini break but was wondering if anyone else had picked up this game knowing full well the SAO anime has a rather large following.


Apparently my name is female in Japan who knew ?

Gets It.
24753 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Raleigh, North Ca...
Online
Posted 22 days ago
I've pondered getting it - kept an eye on development because I actually loved "Lost Song" (it was pretty good, compared to "Hollow Fragment". However, it's moved down to my "potential" list. I'll wait for it to drop drown to $30-35 like most of the SAO games have done so far for PS4. :/
2606 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Whale Island
Offline
Posted 22 days ago
That's a good shout Ninjitsuko the last time i bought a game on day of release or pre-ordered one such as this title was back when Skyrim first came out so it's rather rare for me to do so. Having said that i think it's worth it on 2 grounds, the first being if you play the hell out of it when you get it and secondly you really want to play the game. I got sold on the teasers for game play for me that's the key element if that looks attracting the game will always be on my hit list and the timing of this game was close to perfect for me also.
Gets It.
24753 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Raleigh, North Ca...
Online
Posted 21 days ago
Cute_Joshy: I'm notorious for Day One purchases (especially in the last year). "SAO: Hollow Fragment" felt like it was too much of a direct port from the Japanese version (which I had already) and the localization was poorly done (well, slightly so). "SAO: Lost Song" was pretty straight forward and fun. "Hollow Realization" fells/looks like a combination of the two. If not for the other 8-9 releases this month that I've pre-ordered or purchased - I'd probably have picked it up (it was down to that or Watch Dogs 2 while at Target - I have no regrets at this time lol).

I'll probably wait until next month; however, with the holidays upon us and some issues with work (uncertainty as we're in middle of an acquisition) - it might be put on the back burner for quite some time.
1110 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 21 days ago
I bought the game, played for about 20 mins maybe? Haven't played it since. I really want to play it but I can't force myself to for some odd reason :s
Gets It.
24753 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Raleigh, North Ca...
Online
Posted 21 days ago

Sgtlunatics wrote:

I bought the game, played for about 20 mins maybe? Haven't played it since. I really want to play it but I can't force myself to for some odd reason :s


That's pretty much where I would assume that I would be if I had bought it already. Whereas on Watch Dogs 2, I've put in quite a few hours at this time.
amaj12 
259 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Louisiana
Offline
Posted 21 days ago
I have this game for the PS4 and it is awesome, a huge improvement over Lost Song in my opinion. However, Pokémon comes out at midnight, so it's going to be ignored for a few weeks......but I 100% recommend this game. There is so much more interaction you can do with the NPC's, the combat system has been improved (in my opinion), and of course the plot/script is awesome. It's honestly one of those games you can start playing, and then the next thing you know four hours have flown by.
2606 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Whale Island
Offline
Posted 21 days ago

amaj12 wrote:

I have this game for the PS4 and it is awesome, a huge improvement over Lost Song in my opinion. However, Pokémon comes out at midnight, so it's going to be ignored for a few weeks......but I 100% recommend this game. There is so much more interaction you can do with the NPC's, the combat system has been improved (in my opinion), and of course the plot/script is awesome. It's honestly one of those games you can start playing, and then the next thing you know four hours have flown by.


Yeah i really like the npc system here you can bump into other npc parties out fighting and join them, at one point i was fighting a NM and a npc party walked past our battle and joined in. You can even befriend the npc's who run shops and stand by the quest boards also if you friend them enough you can take then out on dates like you can with the main cast too is all rather deep and time consuming but the fun kind.
amaj12 
259 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Louisiana
Offline
Posted 21 days ago

Cute_Joshy wrote:


amaj12 wrote:

I have this game for the PS4 and it is awesome, a huge improvement over Lost Song in my opinion. However, Pokémon comes out at midnight, so it's going to be ignored for a few weeks......but I 100% recommend this game. There is so much more interaction you can do with the NPC's, the combat system has been improved (in my opinion), and of course the plot/script is awesome. It's honestly one of those games you can start playing, and then the next thing you know four hours have flown by.


Yeah i really like the npc system here you can bump into other npc parties out fighting and join them, at one point i was fighting a NM and a npc party walked past our battle and joined in. You can even befriend the npc's who run shops and stand by the quest boards also if you friend them enough you can take then out on dates like you can with the main cast too is all rather deep and time consuming but the fun kind.


Isn't it awesome? I was fighting a "mini boss" and this other NPC group came in and helped. I also really like how you can link skills, and the switch is 5x better than it was on Lost Song. And the whole friendship aspect with the NPC's is a lot more fun than I thought it was, without even realizing it I spent an hour just leveling people up. Haha I honestly haven't even gotten very fair into the main quest because of that. I feel like it's going to be one of those games that's going to take me forever to play through.
2606 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Whale Island
Offline
Posted 21 days ago

amaj12 wrote:


Cute_Joshy wrote:


amaj12 wrote:

I have this game for the PS4 and it is awesome, a huge improvement over Lost Song in my opinion. However, Pokémon comes out at midnight, so it's going to be ignored for a few weeks......but I 100% recommend this game. There is so much more interaction you can do with the NPC's, the combat system has been improved (in my opinion), and of course the plot/script is awesome. It's honestly one of those games you can start playing, and then the next thing you know four hours have flown by.


Yeah i really like the npc system here you can bump into other npc parties out fighting and join them, at one point i was fighting a NM and a npc party walked past our battle and joined in. You can even befriend the npc's who run shops and stand by the quest boards also if you friend them enough you can take then out on dates like you can with the main cast too is all rather deep and time consuming but the fun kind.


Isn't it awesome? I was fighting a "mini boss" and this other NPC group came in and helped. I also really like how you can link skills, and the switch is 5x better than it was on Lost Song. And the whole friendship aspect with the NPC's is a lot more fun than I thought it was, without even realizing it I spent an hour just leveling people up. Haha I honestly haven't even gotten very fair into the main quest because of that. I feel like it's going to be one of those games that's going to take me forever to play through.


I have been off work today and spent most of my free time playing it was even forced to put my PS4 controller onto the USB charger i was playing for so long. Most of my time in the game today has been spent leveling up bonds with the main cast and other npcs i can already take 4 npcs onto dates. I also like how npcs will make request for items via the mail system and also when they ask to see you or to spend time with you. I am only level 12 and already have 4 of the main cast on 'close' and one on 'intimate' and i have the other npcs too two are 'close' and another 3 are 'friendly'. I haven't gone out of my way to make loads of npc friends but i do have a long list already and like you said i can see myself spending countless hours in this game.
amaj12 
259 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Louisiana
Offline
Posted 21 days ago

Cute_Joshy wrote:


amaj12 wrote:


Cute_Joshy wrote:


amaj12 wrote:


I have been off work today and spent most of my free time playing it was even forced to put my PS4 controller onto the USB charger i was playing for so long. Most of my time in the game today has been spent leveling up bonds with the main cast and other npcs i can already take 4 npcs onto dates. I also like how npcs will make request for items via the mail system and also when they ask to see you or to spend time with you. I am only level 12 and already have 4 of the main cast on 'close' and one on 'intimate' and i have the other npcs too two are 'close' and another 3 are 'friendly'. I haven't gone out of my way to make loads of npc friends but i do have a long list already and like you said i can see myself spending countless hours in this game.


Man I'm jealous, I haven't been able to sit down and grind some hours with it yet. You've gotten pretty far in such a short time, the friendship leveling up takes a decent amount of time. But yeah I think its really cool how the npcs will send you messages and try to get to know you too, completely threw me off guard when I got my first one. It almost even makes you forget that the main focus of the game is to go help out Premiere. Plus, I like how they gave different scripts for all the different characters when you have deeper conversations with them, and even those scripts will change based on what location you are talking out. They really put a lot of work into it this time, and this is me only appreciating the friendship aspect. I'm really happy with how much they've added to the combat aspect as well, especially using the touchpad to open up that huge menu instead of having to scroll with the d-pad one item at a time.
14 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 12 days ago
I dont know if its just me but this needs to be for Playstation Vr in first person!
53 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Indiana
Offline
Posted 8 days ago
I played it at my friend's house, in my humble opinion it's great. Picture a Bethesda game except it's anime lol. It's really cool, but story isn't special at all, I would wait for a deal.
562 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Wales
Offline
Posted 8 days ago
I have it for the vita and while I think its okay its not as fun for me as lost song was and as being left by the wayside in favor of pokemon sun and moon.
5032 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Las Vegas
Offline
Posted 7 days ago
I've been trying to like it. Truly. But I just can't seem to get into it. Story wise I'm curious as to what's going to happen next but I'm not digging the combat system at all. I get that it's trying to go for a solo MMO experience, but as someone who played Final Fantasy XI for 5000+ hours, I could do without the MMO feel. I very much preferred Lost Song (One of three games in my vast PS library that I got the Platinum Trophy for). I loved the more action oriented style and the whole flying aspect of the game. This feels like several steps backwards.

Also not a fan of the whole dating system from Hollow Fragment either. It's horribly repetitive and there is literally zero character development or anything of value from the convos except to eventually lead to a small pillow talk scene. I know for some, it's an absolute ton of seemingly endless content but to me it just feels like a rehash of HF with 4 people in the party instead of 2! Wowee~

I'm starting to bash the game and I don't want to. I love Sword Art Online. It's one of my favorite anime series. But I feel like this game in particular, after how much I loved Lost Song, just feels so disappointing.
You must be logged in to post.