WEEKEND TICKETS GOING FAST!

PRICES GO UP AT THE GATE

PURCHASE TICKET
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply CNN ran footage of attempted Reagan assasination while talking about Trump ditching the press for dinner
Banned
20726 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hoosierville
Offline
Posted 11/22/16

runec wrote:


Rujikin wrote:
It is not a breech of protocol it is merely a break from the Obama way of doing things.


You might want to check your history books. Really, you don't even need to go back that far. Though it does go back quite a ways if you're at all interested.

But intellectual curiosity doesn't seem to be much of a feature of this thread. >.>



Show me PROOF of the protocol that says the media has to be allowed to follow him around and that it is a breech of protocol to not have them hanging around him all the time. If it's a protocol then it will be written down in some manual of protocols.
runec 
34901 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/22/16

Rujikin wrote:
Show me PROOF of the protocol that says the media has to be allowed to follow him around and that it is a breech of protocol to not have them hanging around him all the time. If it's a protocol then it will be written down in some manual of protocols.


Perhaps instead of trying to argue semantics you could type "Press pool protocol" into Google and immerse yourself in the countless articles explaining this problem to you over and over again. Until you, hopefully, remember that America is a democracy. Not a third world dictatorship.

Not yet, anyway. -.-
Banned
20726 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hoosierville
Offline
Posted 11/22/16

runec wrote:


Rujikin wrote:
Show me PROOF of the protocol that says the media has to be allowed to follow him around and that it is a breech of protocol to not have them hanging around him all the time. If it's a protocol then it will be written down in some manual of protocols.


Perhaps instead of trying to argue semantics you could type "Press pool protocol" into Google and immerse yourself in the countless articles explaining this problem to you over and over again. Until you, hopefully, remember that America is a democracy. Not a third world dictatorship.

Not yet, anyway. -.-


Asking for proof of the so called protocol is not semantics it is literally asking for proof it exists. If you were to say a dinosaur existed wouldn't you first show some bones as evidence?
runec 
34901 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/22/16

Rujikin wrote:
Asking for proof of the so called protocol is not semantics it is literally asking for proof it exists. If you were to say a dinosaur existed wouldn't you first show some bones as evidence?


Not if you asked the question while standing in a museum of paleontology.
Banned
20726 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hoosierville
Offline
Posted 11/22/16

runec wrote:


Rujikin wrote:
Asking for proof of the so called protocol is not semantics it is literally asking for proof it exists. If you were to say a dinosaur existed wouldn't you first show some bones as evidence?


Not if you asked the question while standing in a museum of paleontology.


I'm sitting here waiting for you to prove your point. Why should I prove your point for you? You are lazier than I am.
runec 
34901 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/22/16

Rujikin wrote:
I'm sitting here waiting for you to prove your point. Why should I prove your point for you? You are lazier than I am.


We're not arguing about my point. You're trying to undermine my point by ignoring it, the responsibilities of the office of the presidency and American history in general by essentially yelling "Yeah, well I don't see your name on it!".

I don't need to prove to you that dinosaurs existed when you're only asking because you refuse to turn your head and look.


Banned
20726 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hoosierville
Offline
Posted 11/22/16

runec wrote:


Rujikin wrote:
I'm sitting here waiting for you to prove your point. Why should I prove your point for you? You are lazier than I am.


We're not arguing about my point. You're trying to undermine my point by ignoring it, the responsibilities of the office of the presidency and American history in general by essentially yelling "Yeah, well I don't see your name on it!".

I don't need to prove to you that dinosaurs existed when you're only asking because you refuse to turn your head and look.




No at this point your proving my point that there is no protocol that states the president has to tell the press anything. Your obviously avoiding having to provide proof that doesn't exist.

Ah well I'm tired of this little game. There is obviously no protocol or else you would have posted it. I feel no need to participate in a literally useless back and forth when you cant provide evidence or lulz.

18650 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Los Angeles
Offline
Posted 11/22/16 , edited 11/22/16
18650 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Los Angeles
Offline
Posted 11/22/16

runec wrote:


Rujikin wrote:
Show me PROOF of the protocol that says the media has to be allowed to follow him around and that it is a breech of protocol to not have them hanging around him all the time. If it's a protocol then it will be written down in some manual of protocols.


Perhaps instead of trying to argue semantics you could type "Press pool protocol" into Google and immerse yourself in the countless articles explaining this problem to you over and over again. Until you, hopefully, remember that America is a democracy. Not a third world dictatorship.

Not yet, anyway. -.-


The burden of proof lies upon you my friend.
18650 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Los Angeles
Offline
Posted 11/22/16

Rujikin wrote:


runec wrote:


Rujikin wrote:
I'm sitting here waiting for you to prove your point. Why should I prove your point for you? You are lazier than I am.


We're not arguing about my point. You're trying to undermine my point by ignoring it, the responsibilities of the office of the presidency and American history in general by essentially yelling "Yeah, well I don't see your name on it!".

I don't need to prove to you that dinosaurs existed when you're only asking because you refuse to turn your head and look.




No at this point your proving my point that there is no protocol that states the president has to tell the press anything. Your obviously avoiding having to provide proof that doesn't exist.

Ah well I'm tired of this little game. There is obviously no protocol or else you would have posted it. I feel no need to participate in a literally useless back and forth when you cant provide evidence or lulz.



The burden of proof lies upon him. He lost until he can prove himself.
17329 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / M / Verginia
Offline
Posted 11/22/16 , edited 11/22/16
Pssh, it's just yellow journalism. CNN crossed over to the dark side years ago after trailing fox news for over a decade in the ratings game. They saw their ad relistate values plummet and as a business felt they had to get more leftist partisan in order to get more money per 15 second slot.

They failed to realise that fox has a monopoly on right wing yellow journalism on air and they were going to be competing with MSNBC, CBS, ABC, and NBC for leftist yellow journalism on air, thus they still trail fox in the ratings game.

Anyone remember Dan Rather's phony George w Bush's national guard "records" that were clearly fabricated?

Honestly, I think CNN would have done better to cater to the underserved independent market. It would have also given them better international market value and overall creditability. Instead they just got washed out amungst the rest of the leftist media.
runec 
34901 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/23/16

Rujikin wrote:
No at this point your proving my point that there is no protocol that states the president has to tell the press anything. Your obviously avoiding having to provide proof that doesn't exist.

Ah well I'm tired of this little game. There is obviously no protocol or else you would have posted it. I feel no need to participate in a literally useless back and forth when you cant provide evidence or lulz.



XxNaruTheNarcissistxX wrote:
The burden of proof lies upon you my friend.


The burden of using Google?

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-ditches-press-pool-to-go-to-dinner-2016-11
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-media-access_us_582bc0a1e4b0e39c1fa70613
http://buffalonews.com/2016/11/18/turner-will-trump-respect-press-pool-protocol/
http://news.nationalpost.com/news/world/trump-ditches-his-press-pool-and-protocol-for-dinner-out-with-his-family-at-manhattan-restaurant
http://www.politicususa.com/2016/11/15/trump-breaches-protocol-ditches-press-steakhouse.html
http://www.viralthread.com/trump-violates-media-protocol-and-abandons-his-press-pool-again/
http://www.theprovince.com/news/world/trump+ditches+press+pool+protocol+dinner+with+family+manhattan/12394533/story.html
http://money.cnn.com/2016/11/10/media/donald-trump-press-pool/
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/trump-bucks-protocol-press-access-43445591
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/11/trump-ditches-his-press-pool-heads-to-the-21-club.html
http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Donald-Trump-Breaks-Protocol-Goes-to-Dinner-New-York-City-Without-Alerting-Press-Pool-21-Club-401392545.html
http://www.vancouversun.com/news/world/trump+ditches+press+pool+protocol+dinner+with+family/12394533/story.html
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/factcheckingthecandidates/trump-dodges-protocol-with-press-pool/vp-AAknmXl
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3940430/Donald-Trump-ditches-press-eat-famous-New-York-steak-house-21-Club.html
http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/trump-dodges-protocol-with-press-pool/
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/trump-breaks-protocol-again-press-access-947754
http://www.metronews.ca/news/world/2016/11/10/trump-bucks-protocol-on-press-access.html
http://www.necn.com/news/politics/Donald-Trump-Breaks-Protocol-Goes-to-Dinner-New-York-City-Without-Alerting-Press-Pool-21-Club-401392545.html
http://fox6now.com/2016/11/16/president-elect-donald-trump-ditches-his-press-pool-again-spurring-sharp-criticism/
http://www.breitbart.com/news/transition-begins-with-trump-keeping-journalists-in-the-dark/

Its not a burden of proof if one side is simply refusing to learn about the topic we're discussing to begin with.



39155 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 11/23/16

runec wrote:


Rujikin wrote:
No at this point your proving my point that there is no protocol that states the president has to tell the press anything. Your obviously avoiding having to provide proof that doesn't exist.

Ah well I'm tired of this little game. There is obviously no protocol or else you would have posted it. I feel no need to participate in a literally useless back and forth when you cant provide evidence or lulz.



XxNaruTheNarcissistxX wrote:
The burden of proof lies upon you my friend.


The burden of using Google?





Those are all news stories. News stories is not the same as Constitutional law.... President Elect Trump is not the president, yet. Obama is. The Press Core is following Obama around.

Constitutionally, the president is required to address Congress on the state of the Union at least once a year. There is no other requirement for the president to do more than that. However, a quiet president is a president that would piss everyone off. So, they're always in the media saying something about something. The media got used to it, and it's an important thing for presidents to communicate to the people, but it's not something that's required Constitutionally.

The most important thing to remember, however, is that Trump isn't president, yet. Obama still is, and that is where the press core is.
runec 
34901 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/23/16

DeadlyOats wrote:
Those are all news stories. News stories is not the same as Constitutional law....


No one said it was Constitutional law.



DeadlyOats wrote:
The most important thing to remember, however, is that Trump isn't president, yet. Obama still is, and that is where the press core is.


What Trump does leading up to his inauguration is insanely important information the public needs to know. Especially given how many flagrant abuses and conflicts of interest he's demonstrated so far. I mean he's getting the side eye from Sarah Palin for crying out loud.

I also sincerely don't get why the lot of you are arguing over this. A free country means a free press. America has always had a presidential press pool for a number of pretty critical reasons. Ditching the press, trying to control the press or straight up attacking the press because you think they're being mean to you is not a feature of democracy. Its a feature of fascism. Also a feature of thin skinned man babies. But mainly fascism.

Posted 11/23/16

runec wrote:

No one said it was Constitutional law.



So its some unwritten precedent that has no actual legal basis or requirement.

Thanks for playing and gtfo with the "if its not progressive I have to argue against it to the hilt no matter how wrong I am" schtick.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.