First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply 9yo comes out as trans after seeing man in dress on TV
9760 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Johnstown, PA, USA
Offline
Posted 16 days ago , edited 16 days ago
Oh, no. Cases like this function as the live trials of puberty blockers. Long-term side-effects won't be known for years to come, and guess who function as the guinea pigs for that? We ought to start crossing our fingers in hope of nothing major arising as an effect. Furthermore, I strongly question the guidelines that are used to define whether or not children are trans. Things like clothing, makeup, toys, and many standards of "womanly/manly" behavior are much closer to merely being cultural guidelines than natural rules. Children, who are in the process of being introduced to and emulating their native cultures, can hardly be expected to embody the stereotypical behavior and fashion preferences of adults.
2064 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F
Offline
Posted 16 days ago

Amyas_Leigh wrote:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3944976/Mother-reveals-one-four-sons-announced-transgender-age-just-NINE-watching-male-X-Factor-contestant-perform-dress.html


It emerged Zoe, who is now 10, had already researched how she was feeling online and discovered there was a name for it.


Kid with no concept of sexuality see's man in dress on TV, feels funny, goes on internet to 'research it', gets exposed to transgender propaganda and probably pornography.
And now he wants to be a girl.

Also his biological father looks like a pedophile.
Why does the media glorify this sort of child abuse?


Gender Identity =/= sex or sexuality

People have studied people like me for a long time and there are several cultures and history that mention us. We exist, we're legit a thing, and the vast 99.9% are not doing this out of a fetish. We tend to know at a very young age, but sometimes we don't have a word to describe it. So, we end up figuring this out later on and come to terms with something none of us asked for, but we have to deal with it anyway. Why we have to break our backs explaining it again and again to an audience that consistently plugs their ears and says "nuh-uh" is beyond ridiculous. Please take your conspiracy theories about a pedobear LGBT communist New World Order conspiracy theory elsewhere, because it doesn't exist. Ugh...

BTW, this is like somewhere in between explaining evolution and dealing someone who believes that the Jews are evil and control all of the world's banks, FYI.
18688 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Online
Posted 16 days ago , edited 16 days ago

PrinceJudar wrote:



The child is not old enough to be making these decisions yet, nor should the parents be making them for him/her. I see this as child abuse as well.

One thing to let your child wear a dress, another to make choices regarding his/her body. This is a child's rights issue in my book.

I don't care about people's precarious little cringe fee-fee's--but this particular instance is violating that child's rights.



absolutely disgusting, this SHOULD be considered neglect,/abuse but oh no not in this day in age anymore

fuckin 10 years old, what if "she" later on decides it was a mistake oops now infertile, cant change back . whoopsie
18688 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Online
Posted 16 days ago
I wore nice red silk boxers with a gold Chinese dragon on them
I played with dinos and hotwheels I played in the mud and caught fish by hand and bugs


im not a transgender
19490 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / NYC Metro Area
Online
Posted 16 days ago , edited 16 days ago
9 is too young to make such a huge decision, you haven't even experienced puberty yet. I could understand that one might want to make a decision at 13 or 14, but 9? Even transgendered youtube star Blair White thinks it is a bad idea for children to undergo gender related surgery.
I highly suggest you watch her video on youtube regarding the subject which mention some of the major side effects of starting hormones and transitioning at a young age and gain some insight in other reasons why some people are against this other than for religious reasons.
8495 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Imoutoland!
Offline
Posted 16 days ago , edited 16 days ago

kevz_210 wrote:

9 is too young to make such a huge decision, you haven't even experienced puberty yet. I could understand that one might want to make a decision at 13 or 14, but 9? Even transgendered youtube star Blair White thinks it is a bad idea for children to undergo gender related surgery.
I highly suggest you watch her video on youtube regarding the subject which mention some of the major side effects of starting hormones and transitioning at a young age and gain some insight in other reasons why some people are against this other than for religious reasons.


https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDmCBKaKOtOrEqgsL4-3C8Q/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=1


This girl? Iunno....I think we have enough Yiannopouloses in the world who think taking offense at ANYTHING is stupid. Of course, I haven't watched many of her videos.
19490 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / NYC Metro Area
Online
Posted 16 days ago , edited 16 days ago

PeripheralVisionary wrote:


kevz_210 wrote:

9 is too young to make such a huge decision, you haven't even experienced puberty yet. I could understand that one might want to make a decision at 13 or 14, but 9? Even transgendered youtube star Blair White thinks it is a bad idea for children to undergo gender related surgery.
I highly suggest you watch her video on youtube regarding the subject which mention some of the major side effects of starting hormones and transitioning at a young age and gain some insight in other reasons why some people are against this other than for religious reasons.


https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDmCBKaKOtOrEqgsL4-3C8Q/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=1


This girl? Iunno....I think we have enough Yiannopouloses in the world who think taking offense at ANYTHING is stupid. Of course, I haven't watched many of her videos.


Oh, I don't care for any of the political videos, however I do find it interesting that there is an argument opposing this viewpoint other than "it's wrong" or "unnatural."

There are plenty of people I disagree on politics, but that doesn't mean that everything they say should therefore be automatically discarded either.
8495 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Imoutoland!
Offline
Posted 16 days ago

kevz_210 wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:


kevz_210 wrote:

9 is too young to make such a huge decision, you haven't even experienced puberty yet. I could understand that one might want to make a decision at 13 or 14, but 9? Even transgendered youtube star Blair White thinks it is a bad idea for children to undergo gender related surgery.
I highly suggest you watch her video on youtube regarding the subject which mention some of the major side effects of starting hormones and transitioning at a young age and gain some insight in other reasons why some people are against this other than for religious reasons.


https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDmCBKaKOtOrEqgsL4-3C8Q/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=1


This girl? Iunno....I think we have enough Yiannopouloses in the world who think taking offense at ANYTHING is stupid. Of course, I haven't watched many of her videos.


Oh, I don't care for any of the political videos, however I do find it interesting that there is an argument opposing this issue other than "it's wrong" or "unnatural."


There is only so much self tokenism I can take before I consider someone an "Uncle Ruckus", but again, she does present valid points in that video, and my beef is against people like Yiannopoulos who are batshit crazy with their ideology, and use their identity to present them as ideologues worth listening to and a "knowledgeable authority" on said issues. This turns me off against "Conservative Transgender" and "Bigoted Gay" they seem to opt for, rather, as much as she discredits apologists for Islam, they themselves are going for the apologist angle.
19490 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / NYC Metro Area
Online
Posted 16 days ago , edited 16 days ago

PeripheralVisionary wrote:


kevz_210 wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:


kevz_210 wrote:

9 is too young to make such a huge decision, you haven't even experienced puberty yet. I could understand that one might want to make a decision at 13 or 14, but 9? Even transgendered youtube star Blair White thinks it is a bad idea for children to undergo gender related surgery.
I highly suggest you watch her video on youtube regarding the subject which mention some of the major side effects of starting hormones and transitioning at a young age and gain some insight in other reasons why some people are against this other than for religious reasons.


https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDmCBKaKOtOrEqgsL4-3C8Q/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=1


This girl? Iunno....I think we have enough Yiannopouloses in the world who think taking offense at ANYTHING is stupid. Of course, I haven't watched many of her videos.


Oh, I don't care for any of the political videos, however I do find it interesting that there is an argument opposing this issue other than "it's wrong" or "unnatural."


There is only so much self tokenism I can take before I consider someone an "Uncle Ruckus", but again, she does present valid points in that video, and my beef is against people like Yiannopoulos who are batshit crazy with their ideology, and use their identity to present them as ideologues worth listening to and a "knowledgeable authority" on said issues. This turns me off against "Conservative Transgender" and "Bigoted Gay" they seem to opt for, rather, as much as she discredits apologists for Islam, they themselves are going for the apologist angle.


I understand what you are saying, but I'd argue that people don't listen to Yiannopoulus and people like him not because he is "the gay conservative" but rather because people love his lack of a PC filter. Of course, this is a matter of opinion and I can see on how it could seem that way to you.

On the bright side sexual orientation doesn't seem to matter much to younger conservatives these days.
You can be gay or transgendered and be a liberal, conservative or libertarian and you can have a large number of followers because they agree with your viewpoints and automatically don't discredit you due to your belonging to the LGBT community.

At the end of the day, the larger problem is that people blindly accept all of a given person's or political parties views because they believe they are right, which therefore means the other side is automatically wrong in regards to all of their positions. IMO, if you watch and listen a large variety of content from speakers of different ideologies you can then make your own opinion on who you agree on each issue objectively.

28681 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 16 days ago

kevz_210 wrote:

On the bright side sexual orientation doesn't seem to matter much to younger conservatives these days.
You can be gay or transgendered and be a liberal, conservative or libertarian and you can have a large number of followers because they agree with your viewpoints and automatically don't discredit you due to your belonging to the LGBT community.


You can thank the media for this.
10263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 16 days ago
My personal opinion is just let this shit happen. Give these people enough rope to hang themselves.

Years from now, we'll have data on this, and if/when the children regret this uninformed decision later in life, over and over, we'll have the data to support telling these people they've lost their damned minds.

I know, people have to suffer to make that happen, but at this point I say fuck it. Sometimes you have to let people do dumb shit to learn important lessons, and I feel like that includes nations, too.

No... I have no issue with transgender people. BUT, children have very little concept of sexuality. I would be concerned with a nine-year-old being sexually attracted to anyone. I mean, sometimes normal, but it suggests early puberty. Then, people going through puberty take a while to figure out what's going on.... so, no, I don't think a nine-year-old has any fucking clue what he (or fuck, even maybe she) really wants.

I mean, for the love of God, a child can't even decide to get a tattoo, but you'll ruin any chance they have of ever having children?

OH wells. Give them the rope, and let them hang themselves.
8495 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Imoutoland!
Offline
Posted 16 days ago

kevz_210 wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:


kevz_210 wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:


kevz_210 wrote:

9 is too young to make such a huge decision, you haven't even experienced puberty yet. I could understand that one might want to make a decision at 13 or 14, but 9? Even transgendered youtube star Blair White thinks it is a bad idea for children to undergo gender related surgery.
I highly suggest you watch her video on youtube regarding the subject which mention some of the major side effects of starting hormones and transitioning at a young age and gain some insight in other reasons why some people are against this other than for religious reasons.


https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDmCBKaKOtOrEqgsL4-3C8Q/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=1


This girl? Iunno....I think we have enough Yiannopouloses in the world who think taking offense at ANYTHING is stupid. Of course, I haven't watched many of her videos.


Oh, I don't care for any of the political videos, however I do find it interesting that there is an argument opposing this issue other than "it's wrong" or "unnatural."


There is only so much self tokenism I can take before I consider someone an "Uncle Ruckus", but again, she does present valid points in that video, and my beef is against people like Yiannopoulos who are batshit crazy with their ideology, and use their identity to present them as ideologues worth listening to and a "knowledgeable authority" on said issues. This turns me off against "Conservative Transgender" and "Bigoted Gay" they seem to opt for, rather, as much as she discredits apologists for Islam, they themselves are going for the apologist angle.


On the bright side sexual orientation doesn't seem to matter much to younger conservatives these days.
You can be gay or transgendered and be a liberal, conservative or libertarian and you can have a large number of followers because they agree with your viewpoints and automatically don't discredit you due to your belonging to the LGBT community.

At the end of the day, the larger problem is that people blindly accept all of a given person's or political parties views because they believe they are right, which therefore means the other side is automatically wrong in regards to all of their positions. IMO, if you watch and listen a large variety of content from speakers of different ideologies you can then make your own opinion on who you agree on each issue objectively.



Surprisingly, despite Trump's tolerance of LGBT, a lot of his supporters, even younger ones, are against transgenders on the premise that it is a mental illness. Hell, people may even subscribe to Blair or Milo because not only they break the mold, but because they're deemed knowledgeable or unbiased because they are gay, transgender, much in the same vein that being black makes you informed on the hardships of being a black person. In short, I'm saying because of their views and primarily their identity that people subscribe in the first place. These identity often are said to destroy bias, and I could see the reason why, but I think it is fallacious.

After all, it is a bit of marketing involved, disgustingly enough. You have to be pretty good and smart or least sound like it to be as successful as Sargon without showing boobs, or even a face. Milo, apart from his wish for a world where nothing offends anyone, also makes his sexuality known, even referring to himself as a faggot, being against certain gay rights (AKA All of them) and generally being bigoted against gays in general, on the basis that women aren't much better to be in relationships with. This works because of its juxtaposition of him being supposedly gay, and one must wonder, "What the hell does it have to do with anything"? One of the things I've come up with is that people must perceive him to be an expert or devoid of bias. After all, gays must generally agree with gay rights, or so it is assumed, but if a gay person, who cannot possibly hate gays, does it, he must have a very good reason.

I have a distaste for this in any form. It feels like the tokenism you see with racism, hence my reference to it as "Self tokenism". I should be clear. Blaire may not be opting to advertise herself, as I have not watch a great deal of her videos, but perhaps it is for the better, if people weren't so restricted by their gender identity or their sexuality to support one or the other, because one is left or is right.

8495 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Imoutoland!
Offline
Posted 16 days ago

HolyDrumstick wrote:

My personal opinion is just let this shit happen. Give these people enough rope to hang themselves.

Years from now, we'll have data on this, and if/when the children regret this uninformed decision later in life, over and over, we'll have the data to support telling these people they've lost their damned minds.

I know, people have to suffer to make that happen, but at this point I say fuck it. Sometimes you have to let people do dumb shit to learn important lessons, and I feel like that includes nations, too.

No... I have no issue with transgender people. BUT, children have very little concept of sexuality. I would be concerned with a nine-year-old being sexually attracted to anyone. I mean, sometimes normal, but it suggests early puberty. Then, people going through puberty take a while to figure out what's going on.... so, no, I don't think a nine-year-old has any fucking clue what he (or fuck, even maybe she) really wants.

I mean, for the love of God, a child can't even decide to get a tattoo, but you'll ruin any chance they have of ever having children?

OH wells. Give them the rope, and let them hang themselves.


Are we talking about the parents?
10263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 16 days ago , edited 16 days ago

PeripheralVisionary wrote:


HolyDrumstick wrote:

My personal opinion is just let this shit happen. Give these people enough rope to hang themselves.

Years from now, we'll have data on this, and if/when the children regret this uninformed decision later in life, over and over, we'll have the data to support telling these people they've lost their damned minds.

I know, people have to suffer to make that happen, but at this point I say fuck it. Sometimes you have to let people do dumb shit to learn important lessons, and I feel like that includes nations, too.

No... I have no issue with transgender people. BUT, children have very little concept of sexuality. I would be concerned with a nine-year-old being sexually attracted to anyone. I mean, sometimes normal, but it suggests early puberty. Then, people going through puberty take a while to figure out what's going on.... so, no, I don't think a nine-year-old has any fucking clue what he (or fuck, even maybe she) really wants.

I mean, for the love of God, a child can't even decide to get a tattoo, but you'll ruin any chance they have of ever having children?

OH wells. Give them the rope, and let them hang themselves.


Are we talking about the parents? :(


When I say they've lost their damned minds and to give them enough rope to hang themselves (which is a figure of speech, if you are not aware. Look it up. It means allow them to do enough to get themselves into a problem you know their actions will cause.).... yes, the parent, and anyone else who thinks this is wise.

The children are just children. There's a whole lot of dumb shit that goes through kids' minds. That's the point.

EDIT: And that's not to say being transgender is dumb, but rather to say that children also want to be shit such as clown's and such when they grow up. And, some people do grow up and be clowns. BUT, most don't. Or astronauts. Or the fucking President.

They're kids.
8495 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Imoutoland!
Offline
Posted 16 days ago

HolyDrumstick wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:


HolyDrumstick wrote:

My personal opinion is just let this shit happen. Give these people enough rope to hang themselves.

Years from now, we'll have data on this, and if/when the children regret this uninformed decision later in life, over and over, we'll have the data to support telling these people they've lost their damned minds.

I know, people have to suffer to make that happen, but at this point I say fuck it. Sometimes you have to let people do dumb shit to learn important lessons, and I feel like that includes nations, too.

No... I have no issue with transgender people. BUT, children have very little concept of sexuality. I would be concerned with a nine-year-old being sexually attracted to anyone. I mean, sometimes normal, but it suggests early puberty. Then, people going through puberty take a while to figure out what's going on.... so, no, I don't think a nine-year-old has any fucking clue what he (or fuck, even maybe she) really wants.

I mean, for the love of God, a child can't even decide to get a tattoo, but you'll ruin any chance they have of ever having children?

OH wells. Give them the rope, and let them hang themselves.


Are we talking about the parents? :(


When I say they've lost their damned minds and to give them enough rope to hang themselves (which is a figure of speech, if you are not aware. Look it up. It means allow themselves to do enough to get themselves into a problem you know their actions will cause.).... yes, the parent, and anyone else who thinks this is wise.

The children are just children. There's a whole lot of dumb shit that goes through kids' minds. That's the point.


I asked because out of anyone likely to hang themselves, it might be the children.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.