First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Post Reply Suggestions on Unethical Behavior of Moderators
4810 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Online
Posted 20 days ago , edited 20 days ago

HateKillingCamels wrote:


namealreadytaken wrote:

i don't care who's on the right. you DON'T tell customers "you're free to leave and never use our service".


Serious question, why? o.0


Because they are not at liberty to do any such thing. Once you make a crunchyroll account they own your mortal soul.
1999 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 20 days ago , edited 20 days ago

octorockandroll wrote:
Because they are not at liberty to do any such thing. Once you make a crunchyroll account they own your mortal soul.


omg it was a taunt all along.
14767 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 20 days ago , edited 20 days ago

octorockandroll wrote:


rawratl wrote:

Whah whah whah. Seriously get over, they've let a lot of threads slide and that is honestly the LEAST offensive one. Try looking for "Hitler was a pretty good guy" and see how quickly that one goes downhill. Or anything that mentions BLM. You are just whining about the free forums of an anime site and there really is no point. You aren't even paying to use this site. Find other forums, or try Reddit. I guarantee you that you will find like minded oppressed white people there.


Pretty much this. You can disagree with their stances and all, but calling them biased is way off-base.


We're not talking about What Shocking Headers Get Posted, or What Naughty Things Get To Be Talked About.

We're talking about deliberate actions where Moderator went out of her way to shelter posters AGAINST the other regular posters--changing the regular members' posts, altering the original posts to spin the OP's intentions as "harmless", deleting responses as "off-topic" if they happened to disagree, banning users for the slightest imagined "personal insult" against them--solely for some personal imagined symbolized resemblance to her own LGBT sympathies.
Belladonnagirl had clearly come with a chip on her shoulder to chihuahua-bark at the other "oppressive-white" posters brought up the "Safe Space" idea, and when the posters (gleefully) took the OP to task for it, all of a sudden the Moderator's SJW persecution-issues took any remotely interpreted censure of the OP as the violation of Free Speech...And silenced it accordingly.

Nobody gets to be Teacher's Pet here, G, L or Straight. If the Mods start "protecting" some posters, others soon find themselves "un-protected", and that's a violation of her duties.
We're not the only the one with Forum Rules, here. Or maybe she just doesn't see it that way, and we'd like some opportunity for her to be reminded of it.


HateKillingCamels wrote:
omg it was a taunt all along.


Okay then, you don't "taunt" customers either, even ones who complain.
They may not continue to buy further products from your service if you get your own smug victory issues off by telling them their father smelt of elderberries, and if that still doesn't bother you from a business standpoint, it SHOULD.
4810 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Online
Posted 20 days ago

Ejanss wrote:

We're not talking about What Shocking Headers Get Posted, or What Naughty Things Get To Be Talked About.

We're talking about deliberate actions where Moderator went out of her way to shelter posters AGAINST the other regular posters--changing posts, deleting them as "off-topic" if they happened to disagree, banning users for the slightest imagined "personal insult" against them--solely for some personal imagined symbolized resemblance to her own LGBT sympathies.
The angry black feminist poster who had clearly come with a chip on her shoulder to chihuahua-bark at the other "oppressive-white" posters brought up the "Safe Space" idea, and when the posters (gleefully) took the OP to task for it, all of a sudden the Moderator's SJW persecution-issues took any remotely interpreted censure of her as the violation of Free Speech...And silenced it accordingly.

Nobody gets to be Teacher's Pet here, G, L or Straight. If the Mods start "protecting" some posters, others soon find themselves "un-protected", and that's a violation of her duties.
We're not the only the one with Forum Rules, here. Or maybe she just doesn't see it that way, and we'd like some opportunity for her to be reminded of it.


For one thing, personal attacks filled that thread. Those are absolutely against the rules. And for another, I was banned during the inception of that post and I was defending "safe spaces".

Your argument is invalid.
16789 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hoosierville
Offline
Posted 20 days ago , edited 20 days ago

octorockandroll wrote:


Ejanss wrote:

We're not talking about What Shocking Headers Get Posted, or What Naughty Things Get To Be Talked About.

We're talking about deliberate actions where Moderator went out of her way to shelter posters AGAINST the other regular posters--changing posts, deleting them as "off-topic" if they happened to disagree, banning users for the slightest imagined "personal insult" against them--solely for some personal imagined symbolized resemblance to her own LGBT sympathies.
The angry black feminist poster who had clearly come with a chip on her shoulder to chihuahua-bark at the other "oppressive-white" posters brought up the "Safe Space" idea, and when the posters (gleefully) took the OP to task for it, all of a sudden the Moderator's SJW persecution-issues took any remotely interpreted censure of her as the violation of Free Speech...And silenced it accordingly.

Nobody gets to be Teacher's Pet here, G, L or Straight. If the Mods start "protecting" some posters, others soon find themselves "un-protected", and that's a violation of her duties.
We're not the only the one with Forum Rules, here. Or maybe she just doesn't see it that way, and we'd like some opportunity for her to be reminded of it.


For one thing, personal attacks filled that thread. Those are absolutely against the rules. And for another, I was banned during the inception of that post and I was defending "safe spaces".

Your argument is invalid.


And I was banned for posting a version of this without the header:

46651 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 20 days ago , edited 20 days ago

Ejanss wrote:



You guys are beyond ridiculous at this point. I had my posts deleted and got warned for calling a user racist after he made a post about how "black people were genetically inferior animals who killed white people all the time, so he wasn't going to care about some unarmed black animal getting shot." Literally a quote. I was accused of race baiting. The ONE thread that specifically mentions white people and she keeps it on track so you guys feel like you are being persecuted. What, for being straight white people? Honestly, no one gives a shit. These forums are free, you dont have to like how it's moderated. If the customer service rep wants to tell you that you are free to see yourself out, that's completely within their rights. If you don't want to pay to use the service, by all means do so. No one cares, just keep watching it here with ads and giving them ad revenue, that is such an amazing boycott.

Edit: Oh and definitely keep giving their website clicks so they can take it to advertisers as a reason to give them more revenue.
4810 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Online
Posted 20 days ago , edited 20 days ago

Rujikin wrote:

And I was banned for posting a version of this without the header:



And you don't see any issue with that at all?
10629 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Rabbit Horse
Online
Posted 20 days ago , edited 20 days ago

octorockandroll wrote:


HateKillingCamels wrote:


namealreadytaken wrote:

i don't care who's on the right. you DON'T tell customers "you're free to leave and never use our service".


Serious question, why? o.0


Because they are not at liberty to do any such thing. Once you make a crunchyroll account they own your mortal soul.


consider me old-fashioned, but i strongly believe companies should do their best to address things professionally, regardless of how they may feel about the issue at hand. that's the difference between a professional and a raging teenager with a position of power in some web forum. that response by Nate was anything but professional. of course, they are free to do their business however they please. just don't expect customers to remain, let alone pay, for what they consider a terrible experience (some former paying customers actually chose to stop using CR for that reason).

as for Iorreen actions, i don't necessarily disagree with trying to stop a flame war in that thread. that thread was beyond salvation though and it was probably best to get locked for that reason.
3383 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / In a Yaoi Fanfic
Online
Posted 20 days ago , edited 20 days ago
Here we go again...
14767 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 20 days ago , edited 20 days ago

rawratl wrote:
Edit: Oh and definitely keep giving their website clicks so they can take it to advertisers as a reason to give them more revenue.


Unlike, ahem, some demographics, we know how to pick our targets--
We're only out to fix the forums, we're not trying to destroy the entire streaming anime industry...Hey, we're not stupid, here.


octorockandroll wrote:


Rujikin wrote:

And I was banned for posting a version of this without the header:


And you don't see any issue with that at all?


None at all, because I had said the exact same thing, only without the Wacky Meme:
The interesting things in your Big Independent Campus Life happen OUTSIDE of your comfort-zone bubble, and dare you to deal with them. If you can, congratulations, you've won your Adult trophy.

Wasn't deleted for being a Wacky Meme, it was deleted because the Mod felt I was, quote, "mocking" the OP for suggesting her belief might be wrong.
She was supporting the OP's wish for a safe space where other people wouldn't mock her for telling her she might be wrong.
4810 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Online
Posted 20 days ago

Dogempire wrote:

Here we go again...


I kinda wanna be more than friends, so take it easy on me. I'm afraid you're never satisfied...
48515 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / AZ
Offline
Posted 20 days ago

Dogempire wrote:

Here we go again...


Posted 20 days ago
10263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 20 days ago , edited 20 days ago

rawratl wrote:
You guys are beyond ridiculous at this point. I had my posts deleted and got warned for calling a user racist after he made a post about how "black people were genetically inferior animals who killed white people all the time, so he wasn't going to care about some unarmed black animal getting shot." Literally a quote. I was accused of race baiting. The ONE thread that specifically mentions white people and she keeps it on track so you guys feel like you are being persecuted. What, for being straight white people? Honestly, no one gives a shit. These forums are free, you dont have to like how it's moderated. If the customer service rep wants to tell you that you are free to see yourself out, that's completely within their rights. If you don't want to pay to use the service, by all means do so. No one cares, just keep watching it here with ads and giving them ad revenue, that is such an amazing boycott.

Edit: Oh and definitely keep giving their website clicks so they can take it to advertisers as a reason to give them more revenue.


Bullshit. Quote it, link it, something. Back it up.
4810 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Online
Posted 20 days ago

HolyDrumstick wrote:


rawratl wrote:
You guys are beyond ridiculous at this point. I had my posts deleted and got warned for calling a user racist after he made a post about how "black people were genetically inferior animals who killed white people all the time, so he wasn't going to care about some unarmed black animal getting shot." Literally a quote. I was accused of race baiting. The ONE thread that specifically mentions white people and she keeps it on track so you guys feel like you are being persecuted. What, for being straight white people? Honestly, no one gives a shit. These forums are free, you dont have to like how it's moderated. If the customer service rep wants to tell you that you are free to see yourself out, that's completely within their rights. If you don't want to pay to use the service, by all means do so. No one cares, just keep watching it here with ads and giving them ad revenue, that is such an amazing boycott.

Edit: Oh and definitely keep giving their website clicks so they can take it to advertisers as a reason to give them more revenue.


Bullshit. Quote it, link it, something. Back it up.


Dunno if this is what he's talking about but I find that the boot fits.


Amyas_Leigh wrote:


uncletim wrote:

Are you saying black people are Genetically hard wired to commit crime? Wow I didn't think this forum could sink any lower this is pure Neo-Nazi bullshit


MAOA gene. Look it up


It's still there by the way, not deleted or even edited.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.