First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Post Reply Suggestions on Unethical Behavior of Moderators
556 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 20 days ago
I cannot tell whether this criticism is true or not but I had seen worse in other social media. In Google+ and Facebook, the administrators will literary hack into their user's accounts to harass and stigmatize anyone who they do not like and a user's posts can be hidden from public without the awareness of the affected user. The administrators in MyAnimeList will ban anyone who threaten their lies and projection against leftists without explaining why they are banned.
Anyway, I am very suspicions of this criticism especially when I know the accusers are involved in Western right-wing political campaign to spread lies and trolls; I would not be surprised if the criticism are some form of projection.
10263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 20 days ago

octorockandroll wrote:


HolyDrumstick wrote:


rawratl wrote:
You guys are beyond ridiculous at this point. I had my posts deleted and got warned for calling a user racist after he made a post about how "black people were genetically inferior animals who killed white people all the time, so he wasn't going to care about some unarmed black animal getting shot." Literally a quote. I was accused of race baiting. The ONE thread that specifically mentions white people and she keeps it on track so you guys feel like you are being persecuted. What, for being straight white people? Honestly, no one gives a shit. These forums are free, you dont have to like how it's moderated. If the customer service rep wants to tell you that you are free to see yourself out, that's completely within their rights. If you don't want to pay to use the service, by all means do so. No one cares, just keep watching it here with ads and giving them ad revenue, that is such an amazing boycott.

Edit: Oh and definitely keep giving their website clicks so they can take it to advertisers as a reason to give them more revenue.


Bullshit. Quote it, link it, something. Back it up.


Dunno if this is what he's talking about but I find that the boot fits.


Amyas_Leigh wrote:


uncletim wrote:

Are you saying black people are Genetically hard wired to commit crime? Wow I didn't think this forum could sink any lower this is pure Neo-Nazi bullshit


MAOA gene. Look it up


It's still there by the way, not deleted or even edited.


Maybe, though I didn't see any posts that referred to black people as "animals."

This person had an ignorant and terrible opinion based on facts. Argue with him, and show him how he's being stupid.

We were not afforded the opportunity in the thread we're speaking about.
10263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 20 days ago

sinoakayumi wrote:

I cannot tell whether this criticism is true or not but I had seen worse in other social media. In Google+ and Facebook, the administrators will literary hack into their user's accounts to harass and stigmatize anyone who they do not like and a user's posts can be hidden from public without the awareness of the affected user. The administrators in MyAnimeList will ban anyone who threaten their lies and projection against leftists without explaining why they are banned.
Anyway, I am very suspicions of this criticism especially when I know the accusers are involved in Western right-wing political campaign to spread lies and trolls; I would not be surprised if the criticism are some form of projection.


Translation: I cannot be bothered to actuall use critical thinking on your argument because you are from another side of the political fence."

And, actually, I'm more Libertarian than anything.

I'm just also not a dumbass.
4834 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Online
Posted 20 days ago , edited 20 days ago

HolyDrumstick wrote:
Maybe, though I didn't see any posts that referred to black people as "animals."

This person had an ignorant and terrible opinion based on facts. Argue with him, and show him how he's being stupid.

We were not afforded the opportunity in the thread we're speaking about.


Based on facts?? Bruh, the MAOA gene thing has been refuted countless times already. It is true that it can lead to more violent tendencies, but that is only one specific variant, and it is not intrinsically lined to people of any ethnicity.

More on topic though, and to the mods' defense, he was given a warning that if he didn't stop he would be banned. Plus, this whole thing goes to show the big rule of the forums: That you can say just about anything as long as you leave out personal attacks or insults. At times it isn't always the best rule, but it is a rule nonetheless. There is no bias here.
14777 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 20 days ago , edited 20 days ago

octorockandroll wrote:
More on topic though, and to the mods' defense, he was given a warning that if he didn't stop he would be banned. Plus, this whole thing goes to show the big rule of the forums: That you can say just about anything as long as you leave out personal attacks or insults. At times it isn't always the best rule, but it is a rule nonetheless. There is no bias here.


But is it "insulting" them or, Lorreen's words, "mocking" them to tell them they're wrong if they ARE?
I can say "Your facts are incorrect and your views are biased", and make the poster think it's an Important Debate when it isn't, or I can ride the general wave of majority disapproval and post a Wacky Animated-GIF of Kevin Spacey shouting "WRONNNNNNGGG!!", it's only the tone that's disputed by the rules and not the message.

Lorreen didn't appear to see any difference between the Medium and the Message--To accuse BDG's views and reasons of being wrong was to "attack" her, to be confident in one's views enough to tell her was to "mock" her, and blurred any judgment of whether we were being polite or impolite in doing it.
What she believed was trying to protect BDG's hurt-feelings was instead turned into protecting her from any possible censure or debate, especially when it might not have merited it as much as Lorreen herself personally-projected enough to believe. There's a difference.
82334 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M
Offline
Posted 20 days ago , edited 20 days ago
While I saw the thread and agree that it was handled poorly and should have been locked instead of trying to protect the bigoted user, even as they continued to spout their bigotry, I also agree with rawratl on this. There have been plenty of other threads where there was obvious bigotry in the thread which was left to remain, the "Hitler was a pretty good guy thread" really sticks out in the mind as well as several other threads by a handful of specific users (that I won't name) with heavy anti-"black", anti-semitic, and/or anti-muslim views. I also don't see what is thought to be accomplished by this thread, as there obviously isn't anything you can really do about it. Even if many posters agree with you, it doesn't mean much of anything.
13141 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 20 days ago
This is getting ridiculous Drumstick. We all know you hate the mods, you don't need a new thread reminding us every week. As you and others have been told, you don't have to stay. I think that you often contribute positively to the community but if you don't like it here, nobody is forcing you to stay. From everything I have seen, I support the mods decisions. In fact, compared to other forums I have participated in, the mods here are much more lenient and I think that they could actually serve the community better by being more strict in many cases. If you think what little influence they have is too much, you are free to find somewhere else to debate. As others have said, there are plenty of other forums out there.
4834 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Online
Posted 20 days ago

Ejanss wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:
More on topic though, and to the mods' defense, he was given a warning that if he didn't stop he would be banned. Plus, this whole thing goes to show the big rule of the forums: That you can say just about anything as long as you leave out personal attacks or insults. At times it isn't always the best rule, but it is a rule nonetheless. There is no bias here.


But is it "insulting" them or, Lorreen's words, "mocking" them to tell them they're wrong if they ARE?
I can say "Your facts are incorrect and your views are biased", and make the poster think it's an Important Debate when it isn't, or I can ride the general wave of majority disapproval and post a Wacky Animated-GIF of Kevin Spacey shouting "WRONNNNNNGGG!!", it's only the tone that's disputed by the rules and not the message.

Lorreen didn't appear to see any difference between the Medium and the Message--To accuse BDG's views and reasons of being wrong was to "attack" her, to be confident in one's views enough to tell her was to "mock" her, and blurred any judgment of whether we were being polite or impolite in doing it.
What she believed was trying to protect BDG's hurt-feelings was instead turned into protecting her from any possible censure or debate. There's a difference.


There were plenty of people debating her and telling her she was full of it both in that thread and in others who did not get banned and did not get their posts deleted or edited.

Try again.
10263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 20 days ago

octorockandroll wrote:


HolyDrumstick wrote:
Maybe, though I didn't see any posts that referred to black people as "animals."
atios
This person had an ignorant and terrible opinion based on facts. Argue with him, and show him how he's being stupid.

We were not afforded the opportunity in the thread we're speaking about.


Based on facts?? Bruh, the MAOA gene thing has been refuted countless times already. It is true that it can lead to more violent tendencies, but that is only one specific variant, and it is not intrinsically lined to people of any ethnicity.

More on topic though, and to the mods' defense, he was given a warning that if he didn't stop he would be banned. Plus, this whole thing goes to show the big rule of the forums: That you can say just about anything as long as you leave out personal attacks or insults. At times it isn't always the best rule, but it is a rule nonetheless. There is no bias here.


Again, a terrible and ignorant opinion based on facts. I'm not defending this person for having it, but it was loosely based on facts.

Is it wrong? Well, yes, it is a wrong opinion based on misinterpretations of data.

And again, it isn't that WE have a problem with these terrible ideas based on misinterpreted facts being spoken. We have a problem when no one is allowed to disagree.

That's something else entirely, and I wish you'd see that.

Neither one offends me or bothers me, but neither should be sheltered from rebuttal either. THAT'S our position.
10263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 20 days ago

sundin13 wrote:

This is getting ridiculous Drumstick. We all know you hate the mods, you don't need a new thread reminding us every week. As you and others have been told, you don't have to stay. I think that you often contribute positively to the community but if you don't like it here, nobody is forcing you to stay. From everything I have seen, I support the mods decisions. In fact, compared to other forums I have participated in, the mods here are much more lenient and I think that they could actually serve the community better by being more strict in many cases. If you think what little influence they have is too much, you are free to find somewhere else to debate. As others have said, there are plenty of other forums out there.


Actually, the entire point is to remind everyone as often as possible.

I do hope I don't have to resort to PMs, though.
10263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 20 days ago

ishe5555 wrote:

While I saw the thread and agree that it was handled poorly and should have been locked instead of trying to protect the bigoted user, even as they continued to spout their bigotry, I also agree with rawratl on this. There have been plenty of other threads where there was obvious bigotry in the thread which was left to remain, the "Hitler was a pretty good guy thread" really sticks out in the mind as well as several other threads by a handful of specific users (that I won't name) with heavy anti-"black", anti-semitic, and/or anti-muslim views. I also don't see what is thought to be accomplished by this thread, as there obviously isn't anything you can really do about it. Even if many posters agree with you, it doesn't mean much of anything.


Which is, again, not the point.

The point is that any argument against the OP's reasoning was shut down. At least as many as could even very slightly be justified.

We don't care what people are allowed to say, but rather that some people are not allowed to say things in response.

THAT'S the point.
4834 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Online
Posted 20 days ago

HolyDrumstick wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:


HolyDrumstick wrote:
Maybe, though I didn't see any posts that referred to black people as "animals."
atios
This person had an ignorant and terrible opinion based on facts. Argue with him, and show him how he's being stupid.

We were not afforded the opportunity in the thread we're speaking about.


Based on facts?? Bruh, the MAOA gene thing has been refuted countless times already. It is true that it can lead to more violent tendencies, but that is only one specific variant, and it is not intrinsically lined to people of any ethnicity.

More on topic though, and to the mods' defense, he was given a warning that if he didn't stop he would be banned. Plus, this whole thing goes to show the big rule of the forums: That you can say just about anything as long as you leave out personal attacks or insults. At times it isn't always the best rule, but it is a rule nonetheless. There is no bias here.


Again, a terrible and ignorant opinion based on facts. I'm not defending this person for having it, but it was loosely based on facts.

Is it wrong? Well, yes, it is a wrong opinion based on misinterpretations of data.

And again, it isn't that WE have a problem with these terrible ideas based on misinterpreted facts being spoken. We have a problem when no one is allowed to disagree.

That's something else entirely, and I wish you'd see that.

Neither one offends me or bothers me, but neither should be sheltered from rebuttal either. THAT'S our position.


Neither are sheltered from rebuttal. Both have received multiple rebuttals. Don't venture into insults and you're good.
556 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 20 days ago

HolyDrumstick wrote:


sinoakayumi wrote:

I cannot tell whether this criticism is true or not but I had seen worse in other social media. In Google+ and Facebook, the administrators will literary hack into their user's accounts to harass and stigmatize anyone who they do not like and a user's posts can be hidden from public without the awareness of the affected user. The administrators in MyAnimeList will ban anyone who threaten their lies and projection against leftists without explaining why they are banned.
Anyway, I am very suspicions of this criticism especially when I know the accusers are involved in Western right-wing political campaign to spread lies and trolls; I would not be surprised if the criticism are some form of projection.


Translation: I cannot be bothered to actuall use critical thinking on your argument because you are from another side of the political fence."

And, actually, I'm more Libertarian than anything.

I'm just also not a dumbass.


Is this more projection from the right-wing who are too lazy to argue rationally? You right-wing are using 'Libertarian' label as a means of confusion especially when you set up the labels to be used in this way with your hacked Leftist accounts on other social media. And what does this debate have to do with 'dumbass'? I know that you right-wing are doing some hacking in Crunchyroll; directly by using my account and indirectly by manipulating the system in the photo section of my profile. In this two case, you cannot use the same hacking multiple times and can use the hacking for very minor actions that is resolvable; you cannot get away with hacking in Crunchyroll like you always do in Google+, Facebook, and even Twitter. I can easily guess that you are criticizing Crunchyroll just because it do not allow enough abuse to serve you.
10263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 20 days ago

sinoakayumi wrote:


HolyDrumstick wrote:


sinoakayumi wrote:

I cannot tell whether this criticism is true or not but I had seen worse in other social media. In Google+ and Facebook, the administrators will literary hack into their user's accounts to harass and stigmatize anyone who they do not like and a user's posts can be hidden from public without the awareness of the affected user. The administrators in MyAnimeList will ban anyone who threaten their lies and projection against leftists without explaining why they are banned.
Anyway, I am very suspicions of this criticism especially when I know the accusers are involved in Western right-wing political campaign to spread lies and trolls; I would not be surprised if the criticism are some form of projection.


Translation: I cannot be bothered to actuall use critical thinking on your argument because you are from another side of the political fence."

And, actually, I'm more Libertarian than anything.

I'm just also not a dumbass.


Is this more projection from the right-wing who are too lazy to argue rationally? You right-wing are using 'Libertarian' label as a means of confusion especially when you set up the labels to be used in this way with your hacked Leftist accounts on other social media. And what does this debate have to do with 'dumbass'? I know that you right-wing are doing some hacking in Crunchyroll; directly by using my account and indirectly by manipulating the system in the photo section of my profile. In this two case, you cannot use the same hacking multiple times and can use the hacking for very minor actions that is resolvable; you cannot get away with hacking in Crunchyroll like you always do in Google+, Facebook, and even Twitter. I can easily guess that you are criticizing Crunchyroll just because it do not allow enough abuse to serve you.


Because you had your account hacked by such such a person, let's just generalize, and yada...yada....yadaa.

And, now I no longer take anything you say serious. Congrats.
93 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 20 days ago , edited 20 days ago

HolyDrumstick wrote:


ishe5555 wrote:

While I saw the thread and agree that it was handled poorly and should have been locked instead of trying to protect the bigoted user, even as they continued to spout their bigotry, I also agree with rawratl on this. There have been plenty of other threads where there was obvious bigotry in the thread which was left to remain, the "Hitler was a pretty good guy thread" really sticks out in the mind as well as several other threads by a handful of specific users (that I won't name) with heavy anti-"black", anti-semitic, and/or anti-muslim views. I also don't see what is thought to be accomplished by this thread, as there obviously isn't anything you can really do about it. Even if many posters agree with you, it doesn't mean much of anything.


Which is, again, not the point.

The point is that any argument against the OP's reasoning was shut down. At least as many as could even very slightly be justified.

We don't care what people are allowed to say, but rather that some people are not allowed to say things in response.

THAT'S the point.



The purpose of thread wasn't to debate the legitimacy of the OPs reasoning. It likely didn't help that some of that disagreement wasn't entirely civil.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.