First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
I think Nature wants us to be heterosexuals
104119 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 22 days ago

octorockandroll wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:


Dogempire wrote:


Minsc wrote:

To comment on your thread title,

I believe heterosexuality is the correct path. Obviously many people would disagree. Regardless where somebody stands on that topic, there will be those who will attempt to completely silence the opposing side.


What exactly do you mean by "heterosexuality is the correct path?"


If everyone is homosexual give humanity a few years.


Uh, no. Artificial insemination can take care of that easily.


I had stuff, but I deleted... I will just say that artificial insemination leads to other discussions which are not within the realm of this topic.
104119 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 22 days ago

Dogempire wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:


Dogempire wrote:


Minsc wrote:

To comment on your thread title,

I believe heterosexuality is the correct path. Obviously many people would disagree. Regardless where somebody stands on that topic, there will be those who will attempt to completely silence the opposing side.


What exactly do you mean by "heterosexuality is the correct path?"


If everyone is homosexual give humanity a few years.


Sorry to shoot a hole in your argument but even if everyone was gay people would still have children since it's not like being gay means being infertile, albeit the birth rate would go down, but that's not exactly a bad thing considering how people seem to be popping out babies like gumball machines pop out gumballs.



see above
18507 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Montreal,Quebec,...
Offline
Posted 22 days ago

Dogempire wrote:

If nature wanted me to be heterosexual then why is my g-spot up my butt?

Edit: changed than to then


That's a great question no gay hating individual could answer.

Feels so good up there!
Banned
1466 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Virginia, USA
Offline
Posted 22 days ago
I remember reading something along the lines of it being possible gay family members help raise current offspring of the family without adding more competition for resources.
16857 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / L'Étoile du Nord,...
Offline
Posted 22 days ago
I've thought of homosexuality being a "glitch" in Nature. Assuming nobody flips out on me for having said that, what I said probably has double-meanings. Nature doesn't make mistakes, right? But what if she does? If she makes mistakes, are we as humans in a position to correct them?

By "glitch" I don't mean "flaw" or "wrong" or anything derogatory. "Glitch" might not even be the right word to describe it. It's just something that happens. There are various animal species that have been documented to have homosexual possibilities....sadly, the only proof I have for this claim is a story I remember hearing about a decade ago about two male penguins adopting an egg, this story that I never saved so I can't share it.

Whatever the case, I think we should leave animals out of our arguments about homosexuality. I don't mean to sound like an animal rights activist, but animals are absolved of the bullsh!t we humans deal with. Plus, just because animals do things doesn't always mean we humans should do things, too.
22673 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 22 days ago , edited 22 days ago

Gross1985 wrote:

I've thought of homosexuality being a "glitch" in Nature. Assuming nobody flips out on me for having said that, what I said probably has double-meanings. Nature doesn't make mistakes, right? But what if she does? If she makes mistakes, are we as humans in a position to correct them?

By "glitch" I don't mean "flaw" or "wrong" or anything derogatory. "Glitch" might not even be the right word to describe it. It's just something that happens. There are various animal species that have been documented to have homosexual possibilities....sadly, the only proof I have for this claim is a story I remember hearing about a decade ago about two male penguins adopting an egg, this story that I never saved so I can't share it.

Whatever the case, I think we should leave animals out of our arguments about homosexuality. I don't mean to sound like an animal rights activist, but animals are absolved of the bullsh!t we humans deal with. Plus, just because animals do things doesn't always mean we humans should do things, too.


I think what you're getting at is similar to what's called "spandrels" of evolution. I recall hearing the term in Robert Sapolsky's lectures--which I highly recommend if you have free time.

Nature makes mistakes or unneeded additions all the time you'll find. Evolution is quite the imperfect process--as much as we are all born healthy (clearly we aren't).



953 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Sweden
Offline
Posted 22 days ago
Haha seriously saving this thread for days when I'm sad dear lord
22673 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 22 days ago

nniikaa wrote:

Haha seriously saving this thread for days when I'm sad dear lord


I prefer people that get a laugh out of some of the ridiculous things they read.




Banned
1466 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Virginia, USA
Offline
Posted 22 days ago

Gross1985 wrote:

I've thought of homosexuality being a "glitch" in Nature. Assuming nobody flips out on me for having said that, what I said probably has double-meanings. Nature doesn't make mistakes, right? But what if she does? If she makes mistakes, are we as humans in a position to correct them?

By "glitch" I don't mean "flaw" or "wrong" or anything derogatory. "Glitch" might not even be the right word to describe it. It's just something that happens. There are various animal species that have been documented to have homosexual possibilities....sadly, the only proof I have for this claim is a story I remember hearing about a decade ago about two male penguins adopting an egg, this story that I never saved so I can't share it.

Whatever the case, I think we should leave animals out of our arguments about homosexuality. I don't mean to sound like an animal rights activist, but animals are absolved of the bullsh!t we humans deal with. Plus, just because animals do things doesn't always mean we humans should do things, too.


All evolution is a glitch. Some glitches work.

And, tbh, saying we should leave animals out of arguments about homosexuality doesn't make you sound like an animal rights activist, but it doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
22673 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 22 days ago , edited 22 days ago

KennethKenstar wrote:
All evolution is a glitch. Some glitches work.

And, tbh, saying we should leave animals out of arguments about homosexuality doesn't make you sound like an animal rights activist, but it doesn't make a whole lot of sense.


Well, I wouldn't go so far to say all evolution is a glitch--we usually deem some things adaptive or adaptations--depending. Then there are things that seem to offer no benefit--often spandrels of evolution (maybe even exaptations), which is why I think it was more or less what he was getting at.

Evolution doesn't have a purpose
though, much like this thread wrongly implies. Evolution is more like a process where advantageous traits are filtered through (obviously other things get caught up in the mix).

If by glitch you mean without intent--then definitely.

Banned
1466 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Virginia, USA
Offline
Posted 22 days ago
Well, it's random mutations that aren't intended, so yeah, that's pretty much what I mean by glitch.
5282 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 22 days ago
Nature can go die of smallpox. Oh wait we killed that.
13153 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 22 days ago
Nature doesn't really give a fuck...
628 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Sacramento, CA
Offline
Posted 22 days ago
And maybe homosexuals are here to help combat overpopulation. So I guess that's natural too.
16857 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / L'Étoile du Nord,...
Offline
Posted 22 days ago

PrinceJudar wrote:

I think what you're getting at is similar to what's called "spandrels" of evolution. I recall hearing the term in Robert Sapolsky's lectures--which I highly recommend if you have free time.

Nature makes mistakes or unneeded additions all the time you'll find. Evolution is quite the imperfect process--as much as we are all born healthy (clearly we aren't).




"Spandrels"....that's a new word on me. Maybe that's it. But I'll have to look that stuff up.


KennethKenstar wrote:

All evolution is a glitch. Some glitches work.

And, tbh, saying we should leave animals out of arguments about homosexuality doesn't make you sound like an animal rights activist, but it doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Evolution might have some glitches, but I think a lot of it is dependent on environment and circumstance. Evolution involves generation-after-generation of a species being able to adapt to its environment, and species that don't adapt either stay the same or die off.

The reason I brought up animals is because I remember hearing an argument nine years ago about how "homosexuality doesn't occur in the Animal Kingdom", but we learned that there are lots of animal species that do, and that is justification for allowing homosexuality in society. But animals and humans are different from each other. The reason (or rather, my opinion) for this, however, is based on Abrahamic lore; it was a human that ate the Forbidden Fruit, and she and he were thus cast out of Eden, and their descendants (all the way up to us) have had to deal with the condition, especially what we perceive as "good" or "evil", what is "moral" and "immoral", things like that. It's deep, though, and I never really got around to making a thesis for it. But stuff like this is particularly what separates us from animals, regardless of how humans are part of Animalia.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.