First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply Yuri Shipteasing Appreciation Topic
36312 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 11/19/16 , edited 11/19/16
Sailor Mercury/Mizuno Ami x Sailor Jupiter/Kino Makoto (Sailor Moon)


Swaggercandy wrote:

Ai-chan x Kouhai (Getsuyoubi no Tawawa)

Source unknown


*begins humming Tetris theme*

Edit:

Cut it down to one, made sure to stress only one with undertones present in the show. I like to break the rules with my yuri ships by just pairing any old two I like, and that's fun, but that's not what this is about.
58524 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Planet Sanno
Offline
Posted 11/19/16

BlueOni wrote:
Sailor Mercury/Mizuno Ami x Sailor Jupiter/Kino Makoto (Sailor Moon)


One of my all-time favorites. Never teased in either the first anime or the manga, but it has tons of fans, anyway. And goodness knows it has spanned a ton of fanfic. ... Unfortunately, I have nothing (... nothing SFW) to share for it.
36312 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 11/19/16

rcsatcrunchyroll wrote:

One of my all-time favorites. Never teased in either the first anime or the manga, but it has tons of fans, anyway. And goodness knows it has spanned a ton of fanfic. ... Unfortunately, I have nothing (... nothing SFW) to share for it.


I'm pretty sure this is SFW, but I'll spoiler tag it just in case it isn't.



Ah, episode 31. You built, captained, and set sail one of the greatest ships anime has to offer.

I also like Ami x Minako (it's fun to pair opposites), but I don't recall it ever being teased. I also like Haruka x Michiru, but it's canon so it's not as much fun to push for.
2231 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 11/19/16

uncletim wrote:

From a little known and very underrated anime Rinne no Lagrange
Madoka Lan and Muginami



I definitely like this ship. I especially like Madoka and Lan, but the trio is great.



Gafennec wrote:

Ortfine and Izetta from Izetta The Last Witch



Screen cap from :Animekami.


I especially support this pairing. They are easily my favorite pairing for 2016. They have great chemistry, and they are likable. You really want to root for them.

Episodes 7 and 8 more or less make it seem like they are canon.
20502 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / M / In
Online
Posted 11/19/16
This would be a good one
Inukai and Akane from Flying Witch
248 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Georgia
Offline
Posted 11/20/16

uncletim wrote:

This would be a good one
Inukai and Akane from Flying Witch


Yeah, I felt a bit of a yuri vibe when they were getting all touchy with each other after getting wasted. Flying Witch isn't the type of series to have romance in it, but it would be a pleasant surprise if they ended up together
58524 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Planet Sanno
Offline
Posted 11/20/16

BlueOni wrote:
I also like Ami x Minako (it's fun to pair opposites), but I don't recall it ever being teased. I also like Haruka x Michiru, but it's canon so it's not as much fun to push for.


Hmm, if the first anime teased anything in the yuri department (aside from Haruka / Michiru, of course), it was Rei / Usagi, IMO.

Meanwhile, here's one from Sakura Trick, but it's not the flagship. Still one of my favorite yuri pairings, though.


Sakura Trick – Shizuku / Kotone
36312 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 11/20/16

rcsatcrunchyroll wrote:

Hmm, if the first anime teased anything in the yuri department (aside from Haruka / Michiru, of course), it was Rei / Usagi, IMO.

Meanwhile, here's one from Sakura Trick, but it's not the flagship. Still one of my favorite yuri pairings, though.


Sakura Trick – Shizuku / Kotone


Rei x Usagi, eh? That could be a lot of fun.

I'm afraid I've never seen Sakura Trick, so I couldn't say anything about that one. I'll have to make a note of the series.
58524 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Planet Sanno
Offline
Posted 11/21/16

BlueOni wrote:
I'm afraid I've never seen Sakura Trick, so I couldn't say anything about that one. I'll have to make a note of the series.


... ! If you enjoy yuri anime at all, Sakura Trick is it, the real deal, the gold standard. Highly recommended.

And forgive me for recycling one of my posters from the /AMP/ thread, but I must mention these two:


Love Live! Sunshine!! – Chika / Riko

And that is a series that shipteases several pairings.
20502 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / M / In
Online
Posted 11/22/16
here is another of my favorite ships
Yami and Mikan
from To Luv Ru
16485 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 11/22/16


Well since Citrus anime is green lit, here's a given

Mei x Yuzu
450 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 11/22/16
Shizuru x Natsuki from Mai Hime.

If you like yuri, watch that anime <3
29623 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Somewhere in the...
Online
Posted 11/22/16
is nobody here gonna mention strawberry panic?
103953 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 11/22/16

horrorshow77 wrote:

is nobody here gonna mention strawberry panic?

Did you miss the first page?:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-973615/yuri-shipteasing-appreciation-topic?fpid=55220895

Also, there wasn't much "teasing" in that series, as that implies we never see confirmation or fulfillment.
58524 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Planet Sanno
Offline
Posted 11/23/16

nerdtox wrote:
Shizuru x Natsuki from Mai Hime.


I am not a fan of the character design in that series, but that is a good recommendation for the thread, thank you.


TheAncientOne wrote:
Also, there wasn't much "teasing" in that series, as that implies we never see confirmation or fulfillment.


Welcome to the topic, o Wise Wizard! True, that one is shipping, rather than shipteasing, but, as I say in the rules, that is okay to post here, too, especially because of how rare it is. And a good example comes from our current season:


Magical Girl Raising Project – Sister Nana / Weiss Winterprison (Civilian Forms)
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.