Post Reply More Christians should be like Donald J. Trump in terms of homosexuals
Banned
1527 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Norway
Offline
Posted 20 days ago
Please dont close this thread though. I am serious about this. What i mean is.

If you ignore what comes after 1:08 atleast but its a scetch i guess :p
Either way to sum it up. He don't get what LGBT, homosexuality or what the fuzz is about, he just aknowledges that if they wanna do this and that then whatever its not his business. He just doesn't get what the buzz is about from what i get.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9bpBFMC-NE (Donald Trump talking about LGBT GAY PRIDE)

However he does seem the value of human lives so he says he wants to protect that
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alVq8dEk8ms (Trump: I'm Better for LGBT People Than Clinton)

I think honestly this would be better if more Christians was like this in general. Don't try to create attention more or less.
2301 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M
Offline
Posted 20 days ago
Trump despite being a Republican has always leaned way more to the left on many social issues than his party. Don't get me wrong, I'm a bit anxious about some of the people that he's giving positions to, especially those with pasts that have made racial comments but as far as Trump himself goes up until not too long ago he was a Democratic supporter. I agree with you. It's okay if you don't like or agree with homosexuality. Only YOU can say what's right for you but when you start pushing your beliefs on others there's a huge problem. Most of the really good Christians I know may not agree with homosexuality but they're accepting of it and don't go out of their way to bother anyone. I was talking to a pastor I know a while back and his comments on it were basically: "Let's just say for a moment for the sake of argument that being gay is a sin. That pretty much makes them just like everyone else, just like me. We are all sinners and none of us are perfect. It is not my place to judge. I'm only here to try and share God's love for everyone." That was basically the gist of it. He's a really good guy and in my views a role model for how Christians should be. Of course he believes in a hell but I can't really count that against him. I just don't believe in a hell...period. Then again 9 out of 10 times I don't believe in a higher power but every so often I hit one of those 1 in 10 days. The moral of the story is read your damn bibles and look what it really says. Quit trying to make your own interpretations. Stop reading the cherrypickers versions. All of Jesus' teachings were very clear and precise: Love they neighbor. Judge not. Kindness, forgiveness, acceptance were all things Jesus taught. He would be appalled at the hate people spew in his name.
Banned
1527 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Norway
Offline
Posted 20 days ago

TheOriginalStraynge wrote:

Trump despite being a Republican has always leaned way more to the left on many social issues than his party. Don't get me wrong, I'm a bit anxious about some of the people that he's giving positions to, especially those with pasts that have made racial comments but as far as Trump himself goes up until not too long ago he was a Democratic supporter. I agree with you. It's okay if you don't like or agree with homosexuality. Only YOU can say what's right for you but when you start pushing your beliefs on others there's a huge problem. Most of the really good Christians I know may not agree with homosexuality but they're accepting of it and don't go out of their way to bother anyone. I was talking to a pastor I know a while back and his comments on it were basically: "Let's just say for a moment for the sake of argument that being gay is a sin. That pretty much makes them just like everyone else, just like me. We are all sinners and none of us are perfect. It is not my place to judge. I'm only here to try and share God's love for everyone." That was basically the gist of it. He's a really good guy and in my views a role model for how Christians should be. Of course he believes in a hell but I can't really count that against him. I just don't believe in a hell...period. Then again 9 out of 10 times I don't believe in a higher power but every so often I hit one of those 1 in 10 days. The moral of the story is read your damn bibles and look what it really says. Quit trying to make your own interpretations. Stop reading the cherrypickers versions. All of Jesus' teachings were very clear and precise: Love they neighbor. Judge not. Kindness, forgiveness, acceptance were all things Jesus taught. He would be appalled at the hate people spew in his name.


You seem to know your stuff. But yes i believe too Trump will be a good president. Media is very bias in general.
13151 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 20 days ago
I've always felt that Trump doesn't really care much about most things. He doesn't really have much of a position on things you would expect politicians to have strong feelings about. LGBT rights is one of those things that Trump responds to with a resounding "whatever". While that might sound good to some people, I think that this means that Trump will go with the flow and the flow is his VP standing right next to him being staunchly against LGBT rights.
2061 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 20 days ago
My personal take is to not be like Trump at all. I mean why would he want a homophobic politician as his VP. Real Christians would just simply not judge b/c isn't that one of the essential teachings? Do not judge and you will not be judged?
Banned
1527 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Norway
Offline
Posted 20 days ago

Girlygeek43 wrote:

My personal take is to not be like Trump at all. I mean why would he want a homophobic politician as his VP. Real Christians would just simply not judge b/c isn't that one of the essential teachings? Do not judge and you will not be judged?


Well maybe Trump think he's good for the job. I don't really think he mind what his background is as most people think. I mean i usually look at what a person is capable, whether he has views that may not be as popular among some people, I think Trump is the kinda guy who dont think he cares what people may say about him aslong as he can do a good job.
2061 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 20 days ago
I wouldn't give him a chance at all not just for LGBTQA+ issues, but for the nation in general. After all hate crimes have been on the rise ever since he became president and his immigration policies violate the 1st, 4th, 5th, and 14th Amendments. I can only imagine how soon his impeachment will be.
Banned
1527 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Norway
Offline
Posted 20 days ago

Girlygeek43 wrote:

I wouldn't give him a chance at all not just for LGBTQA+ issues, but for the nation in general. After all hate crimes have been on the rise ever since he became president and his immigration policies violate the 1st, 4th, 5th, and 14th Amendments. I can only imagine how soon his impeachment will be.


i actually searched up his views more about it. He basically favors traditional marriage, however he doesn't wanna go in people's face about it so he's more in favor of letting states dealing with it since to him its not an issue he cares so much about.

He doesn't seem bad to me. But in general he's not there to overturn it, he just doesn't seem to care so much about it. I think Christians should use Trump more as an example in general when it comes to such issues. Dont create unnecessary attention around it is more or less the keyword to not annoy people.
18794 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 20 days ago
its sad that as members we have to put "please don't close this thread" nowadays
17077 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / M / Verginia
Offline
Posted 20 days ago

Deyre wrote:


Girlygeek43 wrote:

I wouldn't give him a chance at all not just for LGBTQA+ issues, but for the nation in general. After all hate crimes have been on the rise ever since he became president and his immigration policies violate the 1st, 4th, 5th, and 14th Amendments. I can only imagine how soon his impeachment will be.


i actually searched up his views more about it. He basically favors traditional marriage, however he doesn't wanna go in people's face about it so he's more in favor of letting states dealing with it since to him its not an issue he cares so much about.

He doesn't seem bad to me. But in general he's not there to overturn it, he just doesn't seem to care so much about it. I think Christians should use Trump more as an example in general when it comes to such issues. Dont create unnecessary attention around it is more or less the keyword to not annoy people.


You do realise Trump isn't an evangelical Christian and they didn't vote for him because any kind of relidious fervour. Working class people voted him because they were sick and tired of being marginalised as "fly over country" by both the Republicans and Democrats. You might as well said Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus, Scientologists, athiests ect... At nasuim should all be like Trump.
3415 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 20 days ago

Deyre wrote:
But yes i believe too Trump will be a good president. Media is very bias in general.
hope thats a joke...
Sure media over there can be quite bias or not showing both sides.
But saying that trump would be a good president is just a lie.
Well some say that because of he might not really be able to push ridicules rules/laws or do something stupid by himself.

runec 
28346 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 20 days ago
Yeah, no. As was noted, his VP pick is Pence. One of the most militantly anti-LGBT politicians in the entire country. We're talking about a guy that tried to divert funding away from HIV prevention to "conversation therapy" to try and "cure" homosexuality. Pence is a fucking monster and anything Trump says about LGBT is completely undercut by his presence.



3415 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 20 days ago
pence?
its more like "I don't give you my penny!"

Banned
1527 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Norway
Offline
Posted 20 days ago
I tried to be Catholic but its too much pressure. And Christianity just feels kinda outdated. Cobainism seems to be the only religion i can work with : (
19591 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / NYC Metro Area
Offline
Posted 19 days ago , edited 19 days ago

Girlygeek43 wrote:

I wouldn't give him a chance at all not just for LGBTQA+ issues, but for the nation in general. After all hate crimes have been on the rise ever since he became president and his immigration policies violate the 1st, 4th, 5th, and 14th Amendments. I can only imagine how soon his impeachment will be.


No idea how his current immigration policies violate those amendments. I'll admit his original ideas were awful, but deporting those with criminal records is exactly what all other countries do and nobody makes a big deal about it.

When you live in another country, you are expected to abide by their laws in their entirety. When I lived in Colombia while studying abroad I had to go to their immigration office every 90 days, get fingerprinted, pay a small fee, and talk to an immigration officer about the purpose of my continued stay. It was never even a thought of mine to disregard their laws, since after all I was just a guest in their country. If you overstayed your visa you were promptly arrested at their immigration office, end of story.

I agree that raiding houses without search warrants would be in violation of the 4th amendment, but other than that there isn't too much that is unconstitutional about enforcing visa laws against those that have violated them as long as they are given a day in court.


Girlygeek43 wrote:

My personal take is to not be like Trump at all. I mean why would he want a homophobic politician as his VP. Real Christians would just simply not judge b/c isn't that one of the essential teachings? Do not judge and you will not be judged?


I think it is safe to say Pence is assassination insurance.
You must be logged in to post.