First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply Why do people keep blaming Shonen Jump?
55401 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 6 days ago
You'd be upset too if a series you really liked *coughDOUBLEARTScough* got canned and then the author comes back with a really crappy new series *coughNISEKOIcough* that somehow gets good enough ratings to stay. >_____<

I don't mind their canceling of series so much, but they REALLY need to give more warning and time for the creators to plan the end of their series. The way it is now, it seems they are only given two weeks to really wrap up their series which is just not enough. In Double Arts, for example, I think the second or maybe third to last chapter, Komi-sensei had JUST introduced a villain and then next chapter "Oh, and that's the end of our story."
207 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5 days ago , edited 5 days ago
Because they don't know this is how the manga industry runs. If you don't vote people in Japan and buy the volumes it gets canceled it's as simple as that. Why do you think hunter can get its spot back in time it wants. Because people still buy it and it gets high votes. Also read Bakuman they explain this in clear detail and for the most it is right.
207 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5 days ago

otakuforlife wrote:

You'd be upset too if a series you really liked *coughDOUBLEARTScough* got canned and then the author comes back with a really crappy new series *coughNISEKOIcough* that somehow gets good enough ratings to stay. >_____<

I don't mind their canceling of series so much, but they REALLY need to give more warning and time for the creators to plan the end of their series. The way it is now, it seems they are only given two weeks to really wrap up their series which is just not enough. In Double Arts, for example, I think the second or maybe third to last chapter, Komi-sensei had JUST introduced a villain and then next chapter "Oh, and that's the end of our story."


The authors know weeks in advance that it is getting canceled.
55401 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 5 days ago

FMB-24 wrote:

The authors know weeks in advance that it is getting canceled.


And I'm saying weeks is not enough time. There are huge characters being introduced 3 chapters before the end. Shouldn't happen.
28664 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 5 days ago

otakuforlife wrote:

And I'm saying weeks is not enough time. There are huge characters being introduced 3 chapters before the end. Shouldn't happen.


Well, weeks is all they're going to get when they're still in the trial run. Remember, authors are competing against each other for a spot. Not. Every. Single. Manga. Can. Stay. When you're still in the trial run, that's what happens. So if several weeks is not enough time, what is exactly? If an author only has a few months to give it his/her best, when should WSJ or any magazine for that matter give a heads up? Keep this in mind, WSJ gets way more jump starts than any other magazine. They're #1 and it's where most authors go to first.



You'd be upset too if a series you really liked *coughDOUBLEARTScough* got canned and then the author comes back with a really crappy new series *coughNISEKOIcough* that somehow gets good enough ratings to stay. >_____<


I'm not saying you can't be upset, everyone has the right to be upset w/ something. However, blaming a magazine and cursing it to oblivion is not what anyone should be doing. WSJ is not there to be friends and publish your work for free. It's a business first & foremost and everything is essentially a competition.
207 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4 days ago

Lemontitties wrote:


otakuforlife wrote:

And I'm saying weeks is not enough time. There are huge characters being introduced 3 chapters before the end. Shouldn't happen.


Well, weeks is all they're going to get when they're still in the trial run. Remember, authors are competing against each other for a spot. Not. Every. Single. Manga. Can. Stay. When you're still in the trial run, that's what happens. So if several weeks is not enough time, what is exactly? If an author only has a few months to give it his/her best, when should WSJ or any magazine for that matter give a heads up? Keep this in mind, WSJ gets way more jump starts than any other magazine. They're #1 and it's where most authors go to first.



You'd be upset too if a series you really liked *coughDOUBLEARTScough* got canned and then the author comes back with a really crappy new series *coughNISEKOIcough* that somehow gets good enough ratings to stay. >_____<


I'm not saying you can't be upset, everyone has the right to be upset w/ something. However, blaming a magazine and cursing it to oblivion is not what anyone should be doing. WSJ is not there to be friends and publish your work for free. It's a business first & foremost and everything is essentially a competition.


That's what I was about to say. Jump is trying to make money. If your seires does not make them money then it's down. Also to the dude that said 3 weeks is not enough. Marvel and D.C. Are the same way and no bitches about them when they end a run to premature.
230 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 4 days ago
People are just making a big deal because their favorite series are ending. I personally was a fan of series like Bleach and Toriko, but I was able to accept that their time had come. Love Rush and Red Sprite simply weren't good enough series to stick around. At the end of the day, Jump is a business, and they have to do what they have to do.
85814 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4 days ago , edited 4 days ago
I've literally never heard anyone complain that Bleach got axed.
207 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4 days ago
Also much easier to blame the company then a writer's incompetence to keep their manga going. Their are excitations to this statement.
4012 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
45 / M / California
Offline
Posted 4 days ago , edited 4 days ago
Huh, I've been away from the manga for a while, but I thought - do to the anime - Bleach just got to the end as opposed to getting the axe.
28664 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 4 days ago

Katfeathers wrote:

Huh, I've been away from the manga for a while, but I thought - do to the anime - Bleach just got to the end as opposed to getting the axe.


Technically Bleach did get the ending Kubo wanted, but WSJ gave him a deadline to wrap it up. And apparently (since I haven't read it), there were a lot of unanswered questions because Kubo didn't wrap it up in the time frame he was given. He ended it the way he wanted, but left a lot of things unanswered.
6945 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 3 days ago

Lemontitties wrote:


Katfeathers wrote:

Huh, I've been away from the manga for a while, but I thought - do to the anime - Bleach just got to the end as opposed to getting the axe.


Technically Bleach did get the ending Kubo wanted, but WSJ gave him a deadline to wrap it up. And apparently (since I haven't read it), there were a lot of unanswered questions because Kubo didn't wrap it up in the time frame he was given. He ended it the way he wanted, but left a lot of things unanswered.


I'm not going to spoiled any but I have read it and yes there is a lot of unanswered questions.
207 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3 days ago , edited 3 days ago
Jump also said he had two years to finish that arc and he worked on it like 3. If he did not drag his fights out for no reason he could have had more time on the story. Also let's not act like Kubo is some master writer. His art is what got bleach published and as big as it was not his story.
364 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 2 days ago , edited 2 days ago
Fuck Jump lol ........ I'm so glad I doon't like any of their shit.
16725 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hoosierville
Offline
Posted 2 days ago

LionelJeid wrote:

I've literally never heard anyone complain that Bleach got axed.


Bleach died long before it got axed. Idk what he was thinking but it got so bad I stopped reading it. I don't even want to know how it ends it was getting that bad.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.