First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply Is thanksgiving insulting to indians?
18696 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 12 days ago , edited 11 days ago

PrinceJudar wrote:


redokami wrote:

That looks like a love hate relationship lol. So does he just try to ignore the holiday?i mean honestly why do we still have it


Something like that. We flirt through insults.



Nope, he celebrates it too. Fancy that. Who passes up food though? Really?


The stuffing. Mm . We have this tradition that we say one or 2 things we are grateful for before eating
14755 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12 days ago , edited 11 days ago

redokami wrote:


Ejanss wrote:


redokami wrote:i mean honestly why do we still have it


Look, do you want me to SERVE you a plate of toast, popcorn and jelly beans and repeat the whole darn Charlie Brown special from memory??


What?




Sorry, never repeat a pile of leaves to a wet sucker.
1015 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Somewhere Drinking
Offline
Posted 12 days ago , edited 11 days ago
^^ Isn't it: "Never jump into a pile of leaves with a sucker?"
Vahvi 
3050 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Ever Changing
Offline
Posted 12 days ago , edited 11 days ago

redokami wrote:


PrinceJudar wrote:


redokami wrote:

That looks like a love hate relationship lol. So does he just try to ignore the holiday?i mean honestly why do we still have it


Something like that. We flirt through insults.



Nope, he celebrates it too. Fancy that. Who passes up food though? Really?


The stuffing. Mm . We have this tradition that we say one or 2 things we are grateful for before eating


I will be giving thanks for my Federal Holiday off and then...
18696 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 12 days ago , edited 11 days ago

Adjacent-Taurus wrote:

^^ Isn't it: "Never jump into a pile of leaves with a sucker?"


I vaguely remember the thanksgiving charlier brown. I remember more of the easter one lol
Emtro 
1559 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12 days ago , edited 11 days ago

redokami wrote:

Are any of you related to any tribes?can you tell me if its insulting to you or do you partake in the holiday too?
Honestly i dont remember much of the origins of it, wasnt it a peace treaty?


No. In fact as a descendant of one who was smart enough to marry out of his tribe and assimilate, I am very happy to participate in Thanksgiving as I'm not wiping my ass with my hand and waiting for a neighboring tribe to come murder me.

Civilization is good.
18696 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 12 days ago , edited 11 days ago

Emtro wrote:


redokami wrote:

Are any of you related to any tribes?can you tell me if its insulting to you or do you partake in the holiday too?
Honestly i dont remember much of the origins of it, wasnt it a peace treaty?


No. In fact as a descendant of one who was smart enough to marry out of his tribe and assimilate, I am very happy to participate in Thanksgiving as I'm not wiping my ass with my hand and waiting for a neighboring tribe to come murder me.

Civilization is good.

I keep getting you and enjass mixed up lol use a pic
Why do you think we still celebrate it though?

4690 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Online
Posted 12 days ago
3159 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / In a Yaoi Fanfic
Online
Posted 12 days ago , edited 11 days ago
I imagine anyone who thinks its insulting is getting mad over something they never lived through.

Unless you're a 300 year old timelord there's really no reason to hold a grudge over it.
22653 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 12 days ago , edited 11 days ago

redokami wrote:
I keep getting you and enjass mixed up lol use a pic
Why do you think we still celebrate it though?



Thanksgiving = Food
Christmas = Gifts/Shopping
Easter/Halloween = Candy
Other holidays = Day off work

That's why.



18696 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 12 days ago , edited 11 days ago
Emtro 
1559 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12 days ago , edited 11 days ago

redokami wrote:
I keep getting you and enjass mixed up lol use a pic
Why do you think we still celebrate it though?



The other thread I made before this one appeared to make the same stupid argument you see every year about some unrelated political garbage presents some theories about it.
3318 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
41 / M / NW
Offline
Posted 12 days ago , edited 11 days ago
The horse. What would we have done without them? I'm thankful for them.
18696 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 12 days ago , edited 11 days ago

Dogempire wrote:

I imagine anyone who thinks its insulting is getting mad over something they never lived through.

Unless you're a 300 year old timelord there's really no reason to hold a grudge over it.


I mean you would think so. But you never know
18696 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 12 days ago , edited 11 days ago

Adjacent-Taurus wrote:





Edit: Wow we're already starting on a hot topic.


Im tryin to make it not be
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.