First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply donald trump gives his thanksgiving day speech
144 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 11/24/16 , edited 11/24/16

HuastecoOtaku wrote:

There's nothing more patriotic than protesting
That's how this country was founded


This 1st amendment clearly states:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Yes, the right to protest is patriotic and important for America, but the keyword is peaceably. They have no right to protest in ways that harm others or their possessions, or disturb the peace. Please check your resources next time. Happy Thanksgiving
11624 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 11/24/16 , edited 11/24/16

KirbyDogs wrote:


HuastecoOtaku wrote:

There's nothing more patriotic than protesting
That's how this country was founded


This 1st amendment clearly states:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Yes, the right to protest is patriotic and important for America, but the keyword is peaceably. They have no right to protest in ways that harm others or their possessions, or disturb the peace. Please check your resources next time. Happy Thanksgiving


Pretty sure he was talking more about the history of America's seperation than the cobstitution. Thatwasnt exactly a peacable protest either.
5149 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / The Cat Empire
Offline
Posted 11/24/16 , edited 11/24/16
They're protesting because a lot of people believe that he is really not suitable to run the country.

say, if he really wants to unite the country- his choice for his cabinet is not a really good one,

As for desecrating the flag-

The US Supreme Court decided the First Amendment to the Constitution says it's unconstitutional for a government (whether federal, state or town) to prohibit the desecration of a flag, because it's seen as "symbolic speech."


http://civil-rights.lawyers.com/flag-burning-and-desecrating.html


ah and they're supposed to be protesting peacefully? Just like at the North Dakota Acces Pipeline ? Just like Flint (which btw STILL DOES NOT HAVE WATER)


Also, remember the Boston Tea Party?

5 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/24/16 , edited 11/24/16
as an Australian with an outsiders opinion
i agree with both sides of the argument

yes their protesting about a poor choice in leader ship (in their eyes)

are they doing it in a responsible fashion no

Does burning the american flag relay accomplish anything Yes it makes you look like an angry idiotic mob

should burning the flag be illegal no, Freedom of speech is that the freedom to say what you want to say how ever you would like to say about any topic

is it anything like what happen when america split from the commonwealth nope back then they were protesting a foreign ruler to become their own country

at the end of the day their protesting against the majority of the country not just one man because that's how democracy works.

if he is unfit for ruining your country their are checks and balances that will get him out of power quickly, if not you still have your second amendment which allows you to bare arms against your own government.
runec 
36047 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/24/16 , edited 11/24/16
We must heal our divisions ( that I spent months creating )?

21793 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 11/24/16 , edited 11/24/16

runec wrote:

We must heal our divisions ( that I spent months creating )?


we must heal our divisions, that Obama spent months not condemning
edit: if you really think trump is the cause of our problems in this regard that is absurd, shit was happening before he even ran
21793 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 11/24/16 , edited 11/24/16

Impstar1907 wrote:

as an Australian with an outsiders opinion
i agree with both sides of the argument

yes their protesting about a poor choice in leader ship (in their eyes)

are they doing it in a responsible fashion no

Does burning the american flag relay accomplish anything Yes it makes you look like an angry idiotic mob

should burning the flag be illegal no, Freedom of speech is that the freedom to say what you want to say how ever you would like to say about any topic

is it anything like what happen when america split from the commonwealth nope back then they were protesting a foreign ruler to become their own country

at the end of the day their protesting against the majority of the country not just one man because that's how democracy works.

if he is unfit for ruining your country their are checks and balances that will get him out of power quickly, if not you still have your second amendment which allows you to bare arms against your own government.


runec 
36047 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/24/16 , edited 11/24/16

redokami wrote:
we must heal our divisions, that Obama spent months not condemning


"Its your fault for not stopping me"? Well, that is a very Trump line of thinking I guess. That is how he approaches tax law.



redokami wrote:
edit: if you really think trump is the cause of our problems in this regard that is absurd, shit was happening before he even ran


Yeah, having a presidential candidate on TV 24/7 encouraging and normalizing the ugliest traits of America had nothing to do with any of this.





21793 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 11/24/16 , edited 11/24/16

runec wrote:


redokami wrote:
we must heal our divisions, that Obama spent months not condemning


"Its your fault for not stopping me"? Well, that is a very Trump line of thinking I guess. That is how he approaches tax law.



redokami wrote:
edit: if you really think trump is the cause of our problems in this regard that is absurd, shit was happening before he even ran


Yeah, having a presidential candidate on TV 24/7 encouraging and normalizing the ugliest traits of America had nothing to do with any of this.







You REALLY think that how our society is today is because of one man?lol
23847 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Oppai Hell
Online
Posted 11/24/16 , edited 11/24/16

HuastecoOtaku wrote:


redokami wrote:


HuastecoOtaku wrote:

There's nothing more patriotic than protesting
That's how this country was founded


you mean burning the American flag? and cars? and beating up people?


They would tar and feather the British loyalists


I don't see how that is a good thing. Most of these people in the 1700s were just thugs using freedom as an excuse to take money away from civilians regardless of their politics. In any case, does anyone deserve to be tortured like this?
20017 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 11/27/16

Impstar1907 wrote:

as an Australian with an outsiders opinion
i agree with both sides of the argument

yes their protesting about a poor choice in leader ship (in their eyes)

are they doing it in a responsible fashion no

Does burning the american flag relay accomplish anything Yes it makes you look like an angry idiotic mob

should burning the flag be illegal no, Freedom of speech is that the freedom to say what you want to say how ever you would like to say about any topic

is it anything like what happen when america split from the commonwealth nope back then they were protesting a foreign ruler to become their own country

at the end of the day their protesting against the majority of the country not just one man because that's how democracy works.

if he is unfit for ruining your country their are checks and balances that will get him out of power quickly, if not you still have your second amendment which allows you to bare arms against your own government.


funny part is its the same group of people protesting that wanted to do away with the right to bare arms as well.
39161 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 11/27/16

redokami wrote:


HuastecoOtaku wrote:

The reason they aren't locked up is because of the 1st Amendment.
I fly the flag and I think it's ridiculous and dangerous to jail people for burning the flag. We would be as bad as Saudi Arabia who jails people for burning the Koran.


then according to your views we should abolish the law that is already in place that states it is a punishable crime to do such a thing

also the 1st amendment is freedom of speech, not expression


I forget when, but the United States Supreme Court ruled that burning the flag was protected as freedom of speech. That's why no one goes to jail anymore for burning the flag.
42432 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
suffering for art
Offline
Posted 11/28/16
Blah Blah blah Yadda Yadda Yadda
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.