First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply I can't say I know why I think of this.
39056 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Your friendly nei...
Offline
Posted 13 days ago
Spider-Man > all
33373 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Socal
Offline
Posted 13 days ago

qualeshia3 wrote:

So I was thinking to myself and thought about it over and over. The thought is that humans are not better than one another. There is just no way a human being can be better than another human being. But as I think about this I can't think of reason why I thought about it. It's troubling that I am dwelling on it and have no idea why. Apart me believes that it's true yet I can't understand why. Human being can't be better than other humans. I don't get why I would think that.


What do you think? Do you find yourself dwelling on something that makes your curious? What do you think about humans not being better than other humans?


I CAN'T STOP THINKING ABOUT IT! SOMEONE HELP ME!


Enjoy!!!




snap out of it qualeshia3
qwueri 
16470 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 13 days ago , edited 13 days ago
'Better' is such a vague term that there's no guarantee two people discussing what's better are talking about the same values. Does 'better' mean 'more deserving of rights', 'produces work of value', 'has skills that balance out their life', 'balances their karmic scale', 'morally justified', 'worth the air they breath', 'capable of doing good', et cetera et cetera.
3470 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / In a Yaoi Fanfic
Offline
Posted 13 days ago
I disagree, I think that those who sexually identify as Texas are far superior to other human beings.
457 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F
Offline
Posted 13 days ago
Lala thinks you aren't a good person if you knowingly look away from the possibility of a government operated child trafficking organisation.
42457 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 13 days ago

pandrasb wrote:


qualeshia3 wrote:

So I was thinking to myself and thought about it over and over. The thought is that humans are not better than one another. There is just no way a human being can be better than another human being. But as I think about this I can't think of reason why I thought about it. It's troubling that I am dwelling on it and have no idea why. Apart me believes that it's true yet I can't understand why. Human being can't be better than other humans. I don't get why I would think that.


What do you think? Do you find yourself dwelling on something that makes your curious? What do you think about humans not being better than other humans?


I CAN'T STOP THINKING ABOUT IT! SOMEONE HELP ME!


Enjoy!!!




snap out of it qualeshia3


Ouch!
33373 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Socal
Offline
Posted 13 days ago

qualeshia3 wrote:


pandrasb wrote:


qualeshia3 wrote:

So I was thinking to myself and thought about it over and over. The thought is that humans are not better than one another. There is just no way a human being can be better than another human being. But as I think about this I can't think of reason why I thought about it. It's troubling that I am dwelling on it and have no idea why. Apart me believes that it's true yet I can't understand why. Human being can't be better than other humans. I don't get why I would think that.


What do you think? Do you find yourself dwelling on something that makes your curious? What do you think about humans not being better than other humans?


I CAN'T STOP THINKING ABOUT IT! SOMEONE HELP ME!


Enjoy!!!




snap out of it qualeshia3


Ouch!


I used wake-up slap, hope it helped

42457 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 13 days ago


Yes?


Anyway, I really don't know why I thought of it in the first place. The mind tends to wonder when you think a lot.
812 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 13 days ago , edited 13 days ago

PrinceJudar wrote:

It's very simple.

No human is better than another until you choose to measure them by something. You are the person in charge of defining what makes a human being 'better' than another. It's an comparison word.

I have two bouncy balls. One is slightly larger and a different color than the other. Which one is better? I might say I think the larger ball is better, because the size fits in my hands better. You might say you think the smaller ball is better, because of what color it is.

If you want to say neither is better, that's perfectly acceptable as well.

Until perhaps I change the context, which ball is better for larger hands?--and you might respond the larger one is. Why did your answer change? It changed because we changed the measure.

So if I said, which person is a better fit for society?--you might point at the law abiding citizen over the murderer.

If I said what person is the better human? The better person? You may pause for a moment. How does one measure human? Likely it boils down to your opinion. So if you're saying no person is a better human than another--the simple thing to do is define what makes somebody human.

It always depends on what you're measuring by.



An excellent answer. Which is why it matters what your personal values are. They exert an enormous influence on what any person (me, you, qualeshia) chooses to 'measure' when comparing people.

On an unrelated note, it just dawned on me what an endless number of judar gifs and fanart you actually have. I mean, I've always known you had a lot, but because of the perfect matching of tone between your comment and gif here, it really brought it home.


ironh19 wrote:

If i can kill you in a fight, I am better. This is the only test. Money, Status, none of that matters, Power is the only measurement.


This is vastly oversimplified. Money, status, etc. are often excellent measures of power. Similarly, physical strength is often a very poor measure of power.

14777 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 13 days ago , edited 13 days ago

qualeshia3 wrote:

So I was thinking to myself and thought about it over and over. The thought is that humans are not better than one another. There is just no way a human being can be better than another human being.
I CAN'T STOP THINKING ABOUT IT! SOMEONE HELP ME!


Yes, you can't, and someone should
(But someone already posted the Chansey gif.)

Think Marjorie Main in "Oklahoma" put it best:
https://youtu.be/Vg5cwSBnyQU?t=2m55s
41298 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 13 days ago
I must be using a different measuring stick than OP
42457 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 13 days ago
Thanks for the comments, cool people.
10491 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Birmingham, UK
Online
Posted 13 days ago
Define better, some humans beings are better than other human beings, some are faster, some are stronger, some are more beautiful, some are more intelligent, some can do things other's cannot, we all have the same potentials but we can't be superior at everything, I for example am very terrible at drawing, nothing says I can't take my time and learn to do it, practice until I'm good but as of right now there are tons of people who draw so much better than myself
22663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Online
Posted 13 days ago

foraslan wrote:
An excellent answer. Which is why it matters what your personal values are. They exert an enormous influence on what any person (me, you, qualeshia) chooses to 'measure' when comparing people.

On an unrelated note, it just dawned on me what an endless number of judar gifs and fanart you actually have. I mean, I've always known you had a lot, but because of the perfect matching of tone between your comment and gif here, it really brought it home.


100's....



42457 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 13 days ago

jaragnaros wrote:

Define better, some humans beings are better than other human beings, some are faster, some are stronger, some are more beautiful, some are more intelligent, some can do things other's cannot, we all have the same potentials but we can't be superior at everything, I for example am very terrible at drawing, nothing says I can't take my time and learn to do it, practice until I'm good but as of right now there are tons of people who draw so much better than myself


I wish I knew why I thought about it in the first place. Was it wrong of me to think about such a topic?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.