First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply how easy do ur feeeeelings get hurt?
8495 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Imoutoland!
Offline
Posted 5 days ago

XxNaruTheNarcissistxX wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

Very easily. I tend to give substantially more insight into a persons comment to see whether or not the claim was baseless insults or something I need to work on.


I strongly recommend not giving people who offend you more of a voice than they deserve. Furthermore, can you discern if it's truly an insult or just or criticism? Because criticism is extremely useful as it questions whether you're thoughts or actions are on the right track or not. And in the end, after weighing the pros and cons, only you can determine if that criticism is beneficial or not.

And I wont sugarcoat it; criticism is infuriating! It takes a tough person to objectively analyze criticism. But it is an essential skill to endure life which is exceedingly unfair.


I have a hard time discerning between the two, and I believe that insults can essentially be criticisms as well, unless we're using a different definition. That is how I see it anyway. Though perhaps you are right.
191 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / Australia
Online
Posted 5 days ago
Not easily, my customers can be pretty nasty. So I find it easy to disregard critisism.

Unfortunately the whole could care less thing kinda spills over into my personal life
2549 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / California
Offline
Posted 5 days ago
I'm not a crybaby bitch so yeah. I legit can't recall the last time I was offended by something, maybe it was like 3yrs ago. To answer your question, it's really fucking hard to offend me. I get annoyed easily though.
16117 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Adelaide, South A...
Offline
Posted 5 days ago
My friend called me annoying yesterday and I admit I got a little upset! Though, today I am over it and hasn't changed anything.
18483 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Los Angeles
Offline
Posted 5 days ago

PeripheralVisionary wrote:


XxNaruTheNarcissistxX wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

Very easily. I tend to give substantially more insight into a persons comment to see whether or not the claim was baseless insults or something I need to work on.


I strongly recommend not giving people who offend you more of a voice than they deserve. Furthermore, can you discern if it's truly an insult or just or criticism? Because criticism is extremely useful as it questions whether you're thoughts or actions are on the right track or not. And in the end, after weighing the pros and cons, only you can determine if that criticism is beneficial or not.

And I wont sugarcoat it; criticism is infuriating! It takes a tough person to objectively analyze criticism. But it is an essential skill to endure life which is exceedingly unfair.


I have a hard time discerning between the two, and I believe that insults can essentially be criticisms as well, unless we're using a different definition. That is how I see it anyway. Though perhaps you are right.


My friend, insults and criticisms are two very different concepts. An insult is, "your stupid, hur-de-hur"; criticism is, "your idea is wrong because of X, Y, and Z". In a criticism, someone will tell you that you are wrong and why you are wrong (or simply why you are wrong).

When insulted, there is little reason to expend anymore energy.

Also to note, this is assuming the "insult" is a baseless argument. If the insult is indeed based on fact, then you may very well have to reconsider you stance on the subject.
811 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / somewhere on earth
Offline
Posted 4 days ago
It might get to me a bit depending what it is, but I don't dwell on it too long.
13577 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / Australia
Offline
Posted 4 days ago , edited 4 days ago
I'm a pretty hard shell to crack but once it's cracked you'll know it.
18663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 4 days ago
sorry but getting but hurt over stupid shit is not something that has ever happened to me.

I come from a generation of males that did not have or need safe spaces, Are feelings did not deserve more respect than Facts, we did not get trophies just for being there, and their was two sexes Males, Females.

Do to that we don't fall apart easy over stupid shit, we deal with it and move on!
804 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4 days ago
It's not easy, and if you manage to do it, there's a good chance you won't know.
1074 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4 days ago
i'm a sensitive person
just very good at hiding it
Humms 
10537 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / CAN, ON
Offline
Posted 4 days ago
Let's just say, after being picked on a lot when I was younger, nothing can effect me anymore.

I would laugh at people if they try to hurt my feelings now, I won't just ignore them, I'll make sure they know you can't do a dam thing to me, because I am strong
5727 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19
Offline
Posted 4 days ago
It used to affect me greatly and then one day i just stopped caring about everything and anything. it could be described as numbness, maybe? Probably a symptom of depression or some other mental illness I have in a cocktail of hell in my psyche. The only negative side-effect of this is my management on self care. Other than that, it's been pretty great!
401 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / F
Offline
Posted 4 days ago
I ignore it on the outside but on the inside I feel pretty bad
830 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Northern California
Offline
Posted 4 days ago
As a young boy I was really good at pretending that my feelings weren't hurt and at some point as I got older I realized I didn't have to pretend anymore. Seriously, if I don't love you then you will not be able to hurt my feelings. Sorry, internet.

PARTYNEXTDOOR - No Feelings ft. Travis Scott
38920 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Your friendly nei...
Offline
Posted 4 days ago
What is an feeeeelings?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.