First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply Why do people see Australians as racist
18519 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Los Angeles
Offline
Posted 13 days ago

agila61 wrote:

lower middle class


There is your problem.
340 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 12 days ago
Never heard of this, personally, but I don't really know any Australians either.
18519 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Los Angeles
Offline
Posted 12 days ago , edited 12 days ago

agila61 wrote:


XxNaruTheNarcissistxX wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote: I don't get it ....i mean sure a lot of us make race related puns and jokes but its all in good humour \o/


Race relate jokes have always been funny when meant in good humor. ...


"It was just a joke" is the first refuge of the racist when called on being one.

Lot's of Australians aren't racist, but many are ... and so deeply racist that they actually believe that the "race related puns and jokes" are "all in good humor" when they are used to reinforce the idea that Anglo Australians are superior to Aboriginal Australians, Southern or Southwestern European Australians, or Asian Australians.

When we went to Australia, my wife and I had no idea of the constant stream of abuse that our African/American children were subjected to in a lower middle class High School in western Newcastle. We didn't actually find out about it until years later.


Just to clarify, I don't mean to insult to you and I apologize if I did. You're right, "jokes" can be used as a racist's "safe space". But as a minority myself, you can tell when a joke is just a joke, and when someone seriously believes that. I see humor as a way to find common ground between differences. But in fairness to your children, it wasn't until adulthood that I understood this and I do hope they can find peaceful common ground with people of different opinions. And just to be thorough, as offensive as it can get, I still see hate speech as free speech. And I personally wouldn't have it any other way. I say that because I believe (and have experienced) that when you have a solid and found argument backed by facts and reason, it speaks for itself and quite frankly, it easily overtakes any kind of "hate speech". The trick is to discern what truly is and isn't "hate speech".
9644 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Imoutoland!
Online
Posted 12 days ago
The "It is funny because it is true" is actually common sadly. "All This and Rabbit Stew" and the censored 11 wasn't merely making a joke at the expense of an entire group of people, but legitimately believed it to be based on things of scientific merit. I met many more people who use jokes to criticize such beliefs however.
9644 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Imoutoland!
Online
Posted 12 days ago

XxNaruTheNarcissistxX wrote:


agila61 wrote:


XxNaruTheNarcissistxX wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote: I don't get it ....i mean sure a lot of us make race related puns and jokes but its all in good humour \o/


Race relate jokes have always been funny when meant in good humor. ...


"It was just a joke" is the first refuge of the racist when called on being one.

Lot's of Australians aren't racist, but many are ... and so deeply racist that they actually believe that the "race related puns and jokes" are "all in good humor" when they are used to reinforce the idea that Anglo Australians are superior to Aboriginal Australians, Southern or Southwestern European Australians, or Asian Australians.

When we went to Australia, my wife and I had no idea of the constant stream of abuse that our African/American children were subjected to in a lower middle class High School in western Newcastle. We didn't actually find out about it until years later.


Just to clarify, I don't mean to insult to you and I apologize if I did. You're right, "jokes" can be used as a racist's "safe space". But as a minority myself, you can tell when a joke is just a joke, and when someone seriously believes that. I see humor as a way to find common ground between differences. But in fairness to your children, it wasn't until adulthood that I understood this and I do hope they can find peaceful common ground with people of different opinions. And just to be thorough, as offensive as it can get, I still see hate speech as free speech. And I personally wouldn't have it any other way. I say that because I believe (and have experienced) that when you have a solid and found argument backed by facts and reason, it speaks for itself and quite frankly, it easily overtakes any kind of "hate speech". The trick is to discern what truly is and isn't "hate speech".


I would say depends, schools aren't very tolerant of such jokes, especially if they intend to cause bullying. I could see why, although we end up with people like Adriana Richards of Donglegate if we have such draconian laws within any public school setting.
148 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / British Columbia, CA
Offline
Posted 12 days ago , edited 12 days ago
Reminds me of this for some reason.

9321 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Australia
Offline
Posted 12 days ago , edited 12 days ago
Another simple reason why Australia/Australians are considered racist is becasue of border protection and control. Basically Australia (when the right federal government is elected that is (the Liberal party)) we stop the illegals coming in on boats.
So basically, using common sense and defending our borders and not allowing people free pass to come here illegally, and dangerously is largely considered "racist" to many stupid people.
John Howard, a former Prime minister was famous for saying "we will decide who comes into this country"
So Australia gets a world wide bad rep for protecting its borders and laws. So what you end up with is, boat people drowning at sea(when the Labor party get re elected and the boats all start coming back), and illeagal "boat people" kept in detainment camps. They get kept in these camps and it is seen by many, usually the lefty bleeding hearts as cold hearted and racist..
Even though they are clothed and fed and it is all at our expense. They are often then shipped to off shore detainment camps in near by countires. Again, all at Australias expense.
So even though these people support and pay large amounts of money to the people smugglers, try to come here illegally, are often unidentifiable, etc that get's us a bad rep...

Oh and i exagerated how badly we talk. We do say cunt alot but to be honest its the younger geration(s) that are particulary bad with it.

I guess there is the movie with Russell Crowe "Romper stomper" as well lol.

Oh and thanks to the entire world being "Americanized" , a few/several years back now, the West Indies cricket team was touring here. KFC released an add where an Aussie guy was surrounded by West Indian cricket fans and they really like to sing and cheer and dance and play music at the cricket. The guy is a bit surrounded and overwhelmed so he grbas a bucket of KFC and all the West Indian fans (black if you did not know) all go for the chicken and then the guy gets to sit there in peace and quiet lol.
The add was really quite clever and funny. It was innocent.. And i mean we all love KFC right?
But then the Americans got sight of it and suddenly it was "racist" and taken off the air and Australia accused of being racist when we didnt even know about that weird so called "racist" stero type that is an American thing.

And on a show that used to be on here back in the day (Hey hey its saturday) a group were dong a Jacksons/Jackson five tribute and 4 or 5 of them did black face and one did white face.
Harry chronic junior, the American toss bag twat was a guest on the shown and threw an tantrum over it. So that gave us a bad rep.
Of course the white face didn't matter and funny thing is it wasn't white people that did it. They were Indian if memory serves.

So yeah, it really doesn't take all that much to get the "racist" tag.
13 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 12 days ago

PeripheralVisionary wrote:

Huh, Australia? Can't say I've heard of this. One thing that does piss me of about Austrailia is the censorship. I am pretty sure someone of my tastes would get arrested for child porn on the mere thing that my pornstars LOOK under 18. Fuck that shit. Oh, and spiders. Austrailian outback is not to be messed with.


nah, I don't know where you got that idea but it wouldn't happen, there's no law saying you can't jerk off to porn stars that look underage, there isn't any more censorship on porn here than there would be in America.
There's been videogames that have been banned or had to have changes made before they could release here, nothing to do with porn though
9644 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Imoutoland!
Online
Posted 12 days ago

the_big_wig97 wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

Huh, Australia? Can't say I've heard of this. One thing that does piss me of about Austrailia is the censorship. I am pretty sure someone of my tastes would get arrested for child porn on the mere thing that my pornstars LOOK under 18. Fuck that shit. Oh, and spiders. Austrailian outback is not to be messed with.


nah, I don't know where you got that idea but it wouldn't happen, there's no law saying you can't jerk off to porn stars that look underage, there isn't any more censorship on porn here than there would be in America.
There's been videogames that have been banned or had to have changes made before they could release here, nothing to do with porn though


It definition of child pornography does include that I believe.

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/vic/consol_act/ca195882/s67a.html


Wikipedia also outlines this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_status_of_Internet_pornography#Australia


Criminal legislation is in force at the Commonwealth, state and territory levels targeting those involved in the production, dissemination and consumption of illegal internet pornography (including online child abuse pornography and online pornography featuring adults portrayed as children).


13 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 12 days ago

PeripheralVisionary wrote:


the_big_wig97 wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

Huh, Australia? Can't say I've heard of this. One thing that does piss me of about Austrailia is the censorship. I am pretty sure someone of my tastes would get arrested for child porn on the mere thing that my pornstars LOOK under 18. Fuck that shit. Oh, and spiders. Austrailian outback is not to be messed with.


nah, I don't know where you got that idea but it wouldn't happen, there's no law saying you can't jerk off to porn stars that look underage, there isn't any more censorship on porn here than there would be in America.
There's been videogames that have been banned or had to have changes made before they could release here, nothing to do with porn though


It definition of child pornography does include that I believe.

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/vic/consol_act/ca195882/s67a.html


Wikipedia also outlines this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_status_of_Internet_pornography#Australia


Criminal legislation is in force at the Commonwealth, state and territory levels targeting those involved in the production, dissemination and consumption of illegal internet pornography (including online child abuse pornography and online pornography featuring adults portrayed as children).




In your original post you said "the mere thing that my pornstars LOOK under 18" nothing about them being portrayed or acting as if they're under 18.
Plenty of pornstars look pretty young, you won't get arrested in Aus for going on the teen section of pornhub.
9321 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Australia
Offline
Posted 12 days ago , edited 12 days ago
Yeah the porn thing here is weird. I remember in my early twenties i got in trouble for ordering hentai dvds from America.
It's weird here, like i think it is illegal to produce porn here, ever noticed how ZERO Australian porn exists or there are no Australian porn sites? You do see Aussies girls that have gone over seas to be in porn but that's about it.

And yeah, hentai is illegal here. It's partly for the underaged thing but also for the sexual voilence such as rape.
And yes, anime porn/hentai where the girls look underaged is classed as child pornography. A man here once got convicted as a sex offender for simpsons porn....
Imagine if that judge saw some of the hentai stuff that is out there lol...

And yeah its true, a few years back they made some stupid law about women with small breasts in porn being illegal cos it could look like child porn....
I guess the people that made that law aren't into the barley legal stuff?....
So barley legal porn where they look young or are trying to look young could even get you in trouble even if teh girl is 18? madness.

Stupid laws here. Video games are often edited before released here. But i thinks thats actually more so for voilence than sexual content?
But hentai games are illegal here. Again, young looking girls and rapey content.

Yet the girl who made it to the finals of Australias next top model (may have actually won?) is 16. Go figure.
5926 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / montana
Offline
Posted 12 days ago
because the reverse-racists hate white people... so then the media floods all of worlds society with non-stop images of white people being evil.
15 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12 days ago
in australia theres an unwritten rule.

if i am comfortable with the piss being taken out of me - i can take the piss out of other people.

therefore if i am comfortable with someone taking the piss out of my nationality - theirs is also fair game to me(but this i would only apply with people i actually know)

whats a bit of harmless racism between friends right?
Banned
21034 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 12 days ago

the_big_wig97 wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:


the_big_wig97 wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

Huh, Australia? Can't say I've heard of this. One thing that does piss me of about Austrailia is the censorship. I am pretty sure someone of my tastes would get arrested for child porn on the mere thing that my pornstars LOOK under 18. Fuck that shit. Oh, and spiders. Austrailian outback is not to be messed with.


nah, I don't know where you got that idea but it wouldn't happen, there's no law saying you can't jerk off to porn stars that look underage, there isn't any more censorship on porn here than there would be in America.
There's been videogames that have been banned or had to have changes made before they could release here, nothing to do with porn though


It definition of child pornography does include that I believe.

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/vic/consol_act/ca195882/s67a.html


Wikipedia also outlines this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_status_of_Internet_pornography#Australia


Criminal legislation is in force at the Commonwealth, state and territory levels targeting those involved in the production, dissemination and consumption of illegal internet pornography (including online child abuse pornography and online pornography featuring adults portrayed as children).




In your original post you said "the mere thing that my pornstars LOOK under 18" nothing about them being portrayed or acting as if they're under 18.
Plenty of pornstars look pretty young, you won't get arrested in Aus for going on the teen section of pornhub.



He said his tastes.

If he is anything like me he has a fetish for loli's.
\o/ thank god for vpn's eh
9644 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Imoutoland!
Online
Posted 12 days ago

the_big_wig97 wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:


the_big_wig97 wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

Huh, Australia? Can't say I've heard of this. One thing that does piss me of about Austrailia is the censorship. I am pretty sure someone of my tastes would get arrested for child porn on the mere thing that my pornstars LOOK under 18. Fuck that shit. Oh, and spiders. Austrailian outback is not to be messed with.


nah, I don't know where you got that idea but it wouldn't happen, there's no law saying you can't jerk off to porn stars that look underage, there isn't any more censorship on porn here than there would be in America.
There's been videogames that have been banned or had to have changes made before they could release here, nothing to do with porn though


It definition of child pornography does include that I believe.

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/vic/consol_act/ca195882/s67a.html


Wikipedia also outlines this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_status_of_Internet_pornography#Australia


Criminal legislation is in force at the Commonwealth, state and territory levels targeting those involved in the production, dissemination and consumption of illegal internet pornography (including online child abuse pornography and online pornography featuring adults portrayed as children).




In your original post you said "the mere thing that my pornstars LOOK under 18" nothing about them being portrayed or acting as if they're under 18.
Plenty of pornstars look pretty young, you won't get arrested in Aus for going on the teen section of pornhub.


Book considering regulation I believe around 2012

https://books.google.com/books?id=p_CNWxRZMfIC&printsec=frontcover#v=onepage&q&f=false

https://books.google.com/books?id=p_CNWxRZMfIC&pg=PA264&dq=%22Descriptions+or+depictions+of+child+sexual+abuse+or+any+other+exploitative+or+offensive+descriptions+or+depictions+involving+a+person+who+is,+or+appears+to+be,+a+child+under+18+years%22&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiIgaaXhs7QAhXKKiYKHUSnBTUQ6AEIHTAA#v=onepage&q=%22Descriptions%20or%20depictions%20of%20child%20sexual%20abuse%20or%20any%20other%20exploitative%20or%20offensive%20descriptions%20or%20depictions%20involving%20a%20person%20who%20is%2C%20or%20appears%20to%20be%2C%20a%20child%20under%2018%20years%22&f=false

The exact page and search for the quote I was looking for.


Descriptions or depictions of child sexual abuse or any other exploitative or offensive descriptions or depictions involving a person who is, or appears to be, a child under 18 years


I had to search for it a bit, but I am not aware of any major law changes. Gaming outlets would've been ablaze if Austrailia practiced leniency.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.