First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply What is your favourite warhammer 40k faction?
Kintor 
22826 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 12/19/16

CKD-Anime wrote:

You're just proving my point that you understand absolutely nothing about Ork lore or any other factions lore with this post. Thus you are unable to judge me as an Ork player.

Get real, you've do nothing to refute the points I've made in this thread. You can't deny the Orks have distinctive factions, an art style to follow, just like everybody else. There are no grounds to justify the way you've been haphazardly developing your army. Ultimately, you're not an Ork player, you're a tourist and a scavenger. As a game Warhammer 40,000 can be far more then you will ever understand with way that you treat your army.
34115 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / St.Louis
Offline
Posted 12/19/16

Kintor wrote:
Get real, you've do nothing to refute the points I've made in this thread.
But I have, would you like me to remind you about my wins.

You can't deny the Orks have distinctive factions, an art style to follow, just like everybody else. Ultimately, you're not an Ork player, you're a tourist and a scavenger.
Once again you can't talk to me about Orkz because you have absolutely no knowledge of them, so you can never use it against me.

There are no grounds to justify the way you've been haphazardly developing your army.
Please show me the GW rules that say you can not personally develop your army any way you like.


As a game Warhammer 40,000 can be far more then you will ever understand with way that you treat your army.
Besides the Blood Angels, you will never reach the high level of understanding of WH40k like I have.
19836 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / B.C, Canada
Offline
Posted 12/19/16

Kintor wrote:


CKD-Anime wrote:

You're just proving my point that you understand absolutely nothing about Ork lore or any other factions lore with this post. Thus you are unable to judge me as an Ork player.

Get real, you've do nothing to refute the points I've made in this thread. You can't deny the Orks have distinctive factions, an art style to follow, just like everybody else. There are no grounds to justify the way you've been haphazardly developing your army. Ultimately, you're not an Ork player, you're a tourist and a scavenger. As a game Warhammer 40,000 can be far more then you will ever understand with way that you treat your army.


I just gotta ask mate you going to just keep going on and on and on and on and on about the proper way to assemble and paint an Ork Army? Cause it's gotten old like 9 posts ago or something like that. Sure it may or may not confirm to the Codex but come on there're Orks, no one gives a fuck about Orks. Their entire culture, battle strategy ,and outlook is more dakka and more cannon fodder.
Kintor 
22826 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 12/19/16

Ranwolf wrote:

I just gotta ask mate you going to just keep going on and on and on and on and on about the proper way to assemble and paint an Ork Army? Cause it's gotten old like 9 posts ago or something like that. Sure it may or may not confirm to the Codex but come on there're Orks, no one gives a fuck about Orks. Their entire culture, battle strategy ,and outlook is more dakka and more cannon fodder.

Even you are revealing a keen sense of detail to the lore of Warhammer 40,000 then CKD-Anime ever has in this thread. You at least understand that Orks about big guns and crude engineering, the barbarian horde at the gates of civilisation. Meanwhile, CKD-Anime doesn't care about any of that, he's just using the name of the Orks as an excuse to rip-off other ideas without any thought to style or consistency. Not to mention the fact that he decided to necro this thread, 16 days after the last post, in the mistaken belief that wasn't watching this forum anymore.
34115 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / St.Louis
Offline
Posted 12/19/16

Kintor wrote:
just using the name of the Orks as an excuse to rip-off other ideas without any thought to style or consistency.
You can't judge a Ork player when you know absolutely nothing about what it means to be an Ork player.

34115 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / St.Louis
Offline
Posted 12/19/16 , edited 12/19/16

Ranwolf wrote:
I just gotta ask mate you going to just keep going on and on and on and on and on about the proper way to assemble and paint an Ork Army? Cause it's gotten old like 9 posts ago or something like that. Sure it may or may not confirm to the Codex but come on there're Orks, no one gives a fuck about Orks. Their entire culture, battle strategy ,and outlook is more dakka and more cannon fodder.
He is just throwing a temper tantrum because I've modded non-Ork vehicles into Ork vehicles, and it offends him somehow. Because I'm not allowed to make my army how I want it, even though it doesn't affect him.
Kintor 
22826 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 12/19/16

CKD-Anime wrote:

You can't judge a Ork player when you know absolutely nothing about what it means to be an Ork player.

I'm not here to pass judgement upon you but to merely observe you aren't following the practises of the Ork codex. If their own way even the oddities of the Orks follow certain thematic conventions, which you have chosen to ignore. The army you have created is certainly looted but perhaps it's just not very 'Orky', when you borrow too much from the ideas of others you can dilute the original creation.
34115 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / St.Louis
Offline
Posted 12/20/16 , edited 12/20/16

Kintor wrote:
I'm not here to pass judgement upon you but to merely observe you aren't following the practises of the Ork codex. If their own way even the oddities of the Orks follow certain thematic conventions, which you have chosen to ignore. The army you have created is certainly looted but perhaps it's just not very 'Orky',
I see you lack reading comprehension because I've said it before, I've modded non-Ork vehicles into Ork vehicle thus making them 'Orky'. You know nothing about the Ork codex and it shows.

when you borrow too much from the ideas of others you can dilute the original creation.
The thing is GW supports people making their own original creations, just go to Warhammer Community and look at the army showcases of GW staff (the people who are writing codices) and you will see some non-codex units in their armies. So unless you can find the rule in a GW book that say "You can not modify your army", your arguement does not hold.

And my point still stands, you know nothing of Ork lore.
Blood Axes-
During their exposure and battles they picked up many human tactics, such as using camouflage (although often it is too bright to actually disguise the Ork), using looted Imperial vehicles and retreating when they're losing.
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Looted_Wagon
Kintor 
22826 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 12/20/16

CKD-Anime wrote:

The thing is GW supports people making their own original creations, just go to Warhammer Community and look at the army showcases of GW staff (the people who are writing codices) and you will see some non-codex units in their armies. So unless you can find the rule in a GW book that say "You can not modify your army", your arguement does not hold.

And my point still stands, you know nothing of Ork lore.
Blood Axes-
During their exposure and battles they picked up many human tactics, such as using camouflage (although often it is too bright to actually disguise the Ork), using looted Imperial vehicles and retreating when they're losing.
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Looted_Wagon

I'm aware of Games Workshops' active kitbashing community. After all, the great versatility of the Space marine range in particular is that components from Games Workshop and Forge World kits can be combined to create unique looking miniatures. Even the famous Thunderhawk Gunship began life as an unofficial kitbash based on the Lander Raider kits available at the time. However, these precedents don't mean that you can simply do as you please and pilfer from the entire range of miniatures. There is merit is following the styles set down in each codex, even where the Orks are concerned since they also have distinctive factions of their own. The important thing is to know difference between originality and the abuse of a technicality in the rules.
34115 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / St.Louis
Offline
Posted 12/20/16

Kintor wrote:
However, these precedents don't mean that you can simply do as you please and pilfer from the entire range of miniatures.
Can you please show me the GW rule that does not allow (or limits) modifications between factions.

There is merit is following the styles set down in each codex, even where the Orks are concerned since they also have distinctive factions of their own.
You really have no knowledge of WH40k lore or rules. Not only is the Looted Wagon a GW approved unit that is usable in all Ork armies, there is a distinct faction of Orkz, called the Blood Axes, that use them as their primary vehicles.

The important thing is to know difference between originality and the abuse of a technicality in the rules.
If you are worried about the rules then you are safe to know that GW does not allow you to field custom models in GW sanctioned tournaments. But because there is no official Looted Wagon unit in the Ork miniature range, it is up to the rule referees to approve what is legal and what is not. These are the people who prevent players from abusing a technicality in the rules.
Kintor 
22826 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 12/20/16

CKD-Anime wrote:

You really have no knowledge of WH40k lore or rules. Not only is the Looted Wagon a GW approved unit that is usable in all Ork armies, there is a distinct faction of Orkz, called the Blood Axes, that use them as their primary vehicles.

Yet you aren't a Blood Axes player, by your own admission you don't care about all about the lore of the Ork factions and would rather see those lore focused players pushed out of the game. You're just using the Orks as an excuse to scavenge miniatures and make no effort to follow any of the styles described in the Ork codex. Furthermore, on a whim you also borrow the armies of others and pay no attention to the lore of those factions.in the end you can't hide behind the precedents of others because what you do is beyond the pale, abusing the wording of an idea for your own ends.
34115 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / St.Louis
Offline
Posted 12/20/16

Kintor wrote:
Yet you aren't a Blood Axes player, by your own admission you don't care about all about the lore of the Ork factions and would rather see those lore focused players pushed out of the game.
But I am, because I am an Ork player who commands multiple clans. And can you link me the post where I said that, because you are putting words in my mouth.

You're just using the Orks as an excuse to scavenge miniatures
Once again you show that you do not understand Ork lore. Orkz are known for scavenging enemy vehicles.


and make no effort to follow any of the styles described in the Ork codex.
The Warhammer 40k Rule-book makes your argument invalid. In Chapters, Regiments And Clans, there is a section called 'Inventing Your Own'; and I quote "Some players like to invent their own Space Marine Chapter, Imperial Guard Regiment, etc. They name their force, devise their own colour scheme, badge and iconography, and some even create a background story for their army. -paragraph about creating a new Space Marine Chapter that doesn't exist in the codex- For those who want to go the whole way and create their own colour scheme and iconography from scratch, the sky really is the limit (ie there is no limit to building your army except for your imagination)."
Games-Workshop basically said that you do have to follow the styles described in a codex.

Furthermore, on a whim you also borrow the armies of others
Please show me the rule that doesn't allow me to borrow my friends army.

.in the end you can't hide behind the precedents of others because what you do is beyond the pale, abusing the wording of an idea for your own ends.
Your opinions are not laws that exist in Games-Workshop, thus they do not apply to me.
Kintor 
22826 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 12/20/16

CKD-Anime wrote:

The Warhammer 40k Rule-book makes your argument invalid. In Chapters, Regiments And Clans, there is a section called 'Inventing Your Own'; and I quote "Some players like to invent their own Space Marine Chapter, Imperial Guard Regiment, etc. They name their force, devise their own colour scheme, badge and iconography, and some even create a background story for their army. -paragraph about creating a new Space Marine Chapter that doesn't exist in the codex- For those who want to go the whole way and create their own colour scheme and iconography from scratch, the sky really is the limit (ie there is no limit to building your army except for your imagination)."
Games-Workshop basically said that you do have to follow the styles described in a codex.

Let me put it like this, in essence you are following the letter of the law but you aren't upholding the spirt of the law. It's true that Games Workshop has actively encouraged player created factions, especially when such creativity is expressed through paints and glues also purchased at Games Workshop. Just as it's also true that in the lore Orks have been known to loot the vehicles of other races, retrofitting them to match the ad hoc stylings of Ork culture. However, with you I don't see an expression of that creativity or a particular emphasis on the 'Orkyness' as most players would understand it. As I've said before, you're just using the Orks as a crutch to justify your misappropriation of the miniature range.
34115 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / St.Louis
Offline
Posted 12/21/16

Kintor wrote:
Let me put it like this, in essence you are following the letter of the law but you aren't upholding the spirt of the law. It's true that Games Workshop has actively encouraged player created factions, especially when such creativity is expressed through paints and glues also purchased at Games Workshop. Just as it's also true that in the lore Orks have been known to loot the vehicles of other races, retrofitting them to match the ad hoc stylings of Ork culture. However, with you I don't see an expression of that creativity or a particular emphasis on the 'Orkyness' as most players would understand it. As I've said before, you're just using the Orks as a crutch to justify your misappropriation of the miniature range.
Once again GW is on my side, and I'll take their knowledge over yours because you have absolutely zero knowledge of WH40k. And it is quite funny you say one thing and then the next time you say something different, your argument is full of contradictions and hypocrisy.
Kintor 
22826 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 12/21/16

CKD-Anime wrote:

Once again GW is on my side, and I'll take their knowledge over yours because you have absolutely zero knowledge of WH40k. And it is quite funny you say one thing and then the next time you say something different, your argument is full of contradictions and hypocrisy.

You have no authority to claim a special understanding of Games Workshop or the lore of Warhammer 40,000. Any information you have ever gained about the setting and the gameplay mechanics has been used to undermine the intent behind that information. As a player you seek only to pilfer the ideas of others as you haphazardly exploit the miniature range, paying no respect to the lore.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.