WEEKEND TICKETS GOING FAST!

PRICES GO UP AT THE GATE

PURCHASE TICKET
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Whenever possible, would you rather take the elevator, escalator, or stairs?
4697 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 11/28/16
Unless I'm traveling with huge bags (where I would pick elevators), I usually use the stairs. I work in an office setting so a little extra walk is welcome. Back in high school/college, I often had to do conditioning drills on the stairs; eventually developed a liking to it.
12663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
☆Land of sweets☆
Online
Posted 11/28/16 , edited 11/28/16
i remember an incident in China, where the escalator platform swallowed a mother due to poor construction / no safety in place.
not that it should be an issue in countries like England or the US though.
Posted 11/28/16

Akane1984 wrote:

When I was a little kid I thought they were going to eat me when I stepped on. Like my shoestring would slip in, then my shoe, and so on. Especially if I hopped on one to go down. It's not really a strange fear for kids. I wasn't the only one.


you remind me of my brother when he was a kid he was so scared of escalators.

i like escalators. elevators.. quite scary.
Posted 11/28/16 , edited 11/28/16

Akane1984 wrote:

When I was a little kid I thought they were going to eat me when I stepped on. Like my shoestring would slip in, then my shoe, and so on. Especially if I hopped on one to go down. It's not really a strange fear for kids. I wasn't the only one.


Oh okay. I see what you mean.

Now that I think about it, I do find it a bit dangerous if you don't pay attention when you're near the end about to step off, you might trip and fall over. OH! Or when the escalator is not moving and having to walk down while staring at the grid lines on the steps make me feel dizzy lol. Have you ever felt this way?
4827 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / F / Somewhere...
Offline
Posted 11/28/16

Flovince wrote:

you remind me of my brother when he was a kid he was so scared of escalators.



Ha, I actually remember when I was around 3 or 4, my Mom couldn't get me to go down. She waited for me at the bottom and tried to cheer me on, but I wouldn't go. The lady that was head of the department I was standing in gave me a piece of candy, then took my hand and held on while we went down together.


starshots wrote:

Oh okay. I see what you mean.

Now that I think about it, I do find it a bit dangerous if you don't pay attention when you're near the end about to step off, you might trip and fall over. OH! Or when the escalator is not moving and having to walk down while staring at the grid lines on the steps make me feel dizzy lol. Have you ever felt this way?


See! Haha

I still have those old thoughts in the back of my head when I use the escalators. Hilarious how stuff sticks with you.
Vahvi 
3355 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Ever Changing
Offline
Posted 11/28/16
We lose more people to escalators every year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K65au8Tb18
4193 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / O
Online
Posted 11/28/16
Stairs, I don't always trust technology/machines and I don't like the hum of either when they move, plus it always seems to throw my balance off just a tiny bit (I also hate treadmills for the same reasons) XD Oddly enough I DO like amusement park rides, go figure, guess the fun makes up the difference or something.
14238 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/28/16
Where are the inclines?
184 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/25/17
stairs. manual is always safer XD plus it massages your whole body. movement is essential
227 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / yip yap
Offline
Posted 3/25/17
elevator
Posted 3/25/17
Stairs gotta stay in shape.
127 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Puerto Rico
Offline
Posted 3/25/17
Stairs
3109 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Finland
Offline
Posted 3/28/17
I have some bad experience of elevators so, escalators for me.
6124 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Canada
Offline
Posted 3/28/17 , edited 3/28/17
Stairs for me, because I want to still be able to walk when I'll be old.
15377 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Philippines
Offline
Posted 4/4/17
Stairs are tiresome, Elevators make my head hurt, and so I pick Escalators.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.