First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply Atheism and obesity
Banned
1524 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Norway
Offline
Posted one day ago , edited one day ago



Permalink Reply Quote
Posted 5 minutes ago

Deyre wrote:


Artlicker wrote:


Nope. Completely wrong 100%
God isn't more of "how to live life and stuff" and that's where you're wrong my friend.
A lot of science can be backed up by the Bible. For example,
At a time when it was believed that the earth sat on a large animal or a giant (1500 B.C.), the Bible spoke of the earth’s free float in space:


1428 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / United States
Offline
Posted one day ago , edited one day ago
Meanwhile the most obese nations are ones that are predominantly Christian. And obese people are predominantly Christian, I mean why exercise when you'll just have another life anyways right?
35068 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / F / Seireitei, Soul S...
Offline
Posted one day ago

Deyre
Japan is irreligious.


Japan isn't irreligious. The majority of Japanese follow the Shinto religion, followed by Buddhism as the second most followed religion in Japan. While it is mostly a non-denominational religion, it isn't the absence, indifference, rejection of, or hostility towards religion which is the definition of irreligion.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irreligion
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Japan

The terms 'religion' and 'faith' mean organized religions on the model of Christianity to the Japanese, and so therefore they consider Shinto not an organized religion, which is what most surveys ask. It doesn't mean that they're irreligious and don't follow a faith, religious practice or God, just that they follow a non-denominational, non-organized religion.
Banned
1524 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Norway
Offline
Posted one day ago , edited one day ago
" Folk Shinto, or "not religious"[note 1] (51.82%)"
Aka i was right. They may be what you call devoted to their culture. I mean i checked the porn searches in each country and Japan searched Japanese wife, japanese etc etc 10 top searches was basically about that "Although Chinese seems to be into it aswell" but basically they are very proud of their culture to say the least. But not dogmatic as here or other countries.
2269 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M
Offline
Posted one day ago
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
munruo 
63 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted one day ago
Fat is a great example of human knowledge failing in the ways that human knowledge does while being able to succeed in the end because of modern achievements. If doctors really knew wtf they were talking about, diets would do as they say. Everything has to be understood beyond microscopic while doctoring is mostly stuck with macroscopic, few exceptions being those that factor in neural linguistic programming, mind over matter, well lotta things that really are just different ways of saying everything is individual. Microscopic examination of energy into electromagnetic fields like quantum physics are beginning to touch upon everything while turning to numeric calculations instead of self-awareness without number dependency to interpret everything.
Everything human knowledge attempts to do is relate energy as a direct manner of looking at cells with monumental uncertainty in doing this because there has never been perfectly matching efficiency in understanding energy from human knowledge.. Doesn't work so well. Gotta know the individual and gotta perceive beyond physical. Atheism relating to anything has a huge problem because like being fat, individualization is unique.
Instead I find that everything that is occurring in this conversation thread relates to self-expression turning around upon someone. We fail to express ourselves as we know something that can be beneficial for us to express, we can often go into self-reflective spirals of examination that can condition an individual to feel miserable about themselves... fattening themselves as they reflect their unexpressiveness over and over again to themselves. As with atheism, jumping to the conclusion that you're atheist as you choose to believe in yourself over anyone else's lacking knowledge can blindside one to everything that is really going on.
I'll put it this way, god is you and everyone else, including body. We don't control it, we just are. Gotta undo all the programming that reshapes anybody with feeling miserable and clear out all circulation/flow. Stuff we perceive/say/do creates fields of energy that change flow of ourselves as well as flow of air around us, sure can do everything else as well. But if you start perceiving these fields as I do (I find this all relates to how fast we believe we can perceive, if we think we're slow like human paced we ignore these and focus instead of stuff like itching or anything we might call habitual), then you'll also recognize relation to water is much like extremely dense electromagnetic energy or light, and that one has to get to understanding energy/consciousness before water to know that understanding ourselves in all ways energy manifests is also apart of recognizing the manner which cells have been developing and can become. Even being fat is apart of tremendous evolutionary growth if we can understand all the connections that become neurological, biological , and anything else we learn; fat is a burden, undoing fat is awesome.
371 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17
Offline
Posted one day ago
Food is food and we all need food, we all like to eat no matter what your beliefs are.

25020 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Northern Ireland
Offline
Posted one day ago

GrandMasterTime wrote:Not all Buddhists are atheists. Belief in god just isn't necessary in Buddhism.


Strictly speaking the religion of Buddhism has no god and is therefore an atheist religion. The Buddha is often worshipped in some shape or form but he was just a normal man who founded the religion and was not a deity, just a figure the followers of his religion strive to emulate.

Any gods worshipped by practising Buddhists by in large are not connected to Buddhism itself e.g. Shinto gods in Japan.
munruo 
63 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 16 hours ago

MacMeaties wrote:


GrandMasterTime wrote:Not all Buddhists are atheists. Belief in god just isn't necessary in Buddhism.


Strictly speaking the religion of Buddhism has no god and is therefore an atheist religion. The Buddha is often worshipped in some shape or form but he was just a normal man who founded the religion and was not a deity, just a figure the followers of his religion strive to emulate.

Any gods worshipped by practising Buddhists by in large are not connected to Buddhism itself e.g. Shinto gods in Japan.


These words weren't around then, while Buddha becomes the way we know it after so much imperial changes. Current buddhism book is propaganda coming from the transition of anything everyone remembers from the last master in the east that began buddhism until it became so understood that it then becomes the foundational religion, before the word buddha. Early chinese remake these beliefs into confucianism as a way of bringing belief in self as ultimate creator (earlier version of god), to government influence. After that everything transitions to lower and lower forms of understanding ourselves as there was idolatry and worship of the things we create instead of back on us. This is the foundation that is the push towards inherited spirituality, god.
There's a transition that occurs and becomes more and more obvious the more aware we become to understand physiological changes as they occur while masses begin to believe in governmental/systematic/inherited religions and end nomadic trends. Jist of it is, if you keep dismissing our potential, you are well behind the governments that sold that cool aid and all word play is to distract you after their meaning have been changed by people to create a delusion of separation between all spirituality.
Shinto comes about after original form of buddhism spreads, then confucianism, then more imperialistic idealism from the tang dynasty that did much to convince everyone to be apart of their rule, obviously didn't work so well but those that were pursuing all this think it did because now everyone is confused, gg confusionism and all simplifications of everything since.
Fortunately after so many redactions of spirituality, everyone is set to prevent rule because of the extent of suffering we know.
13575 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / Australia
Offline
Posted 6 hours ago

MacMeaties wrote:


GrandMasterTime wrote:Not all Buddhists are atheists. Belief in god just isn't necessary in Buddhism.


Strictly speaking the religion of Buddhism has no god and is therefore an atheist religion. The Buddha is often worshipped in some shape or form but he was just a normal man who founded the religion and was not a deity, just a figure the followers of his religion strive to emulate.

Any gods worshipped by practising Buddhists by in large are not connected to Buddhism itself e.g. Shinto gods in Japan.


God isn't a necessary part of Buddhism BECAUSE Buddhism isn't concerned with the question of "How were we created", "How did everything come to be". I would argue that, for something to be "an atheist religion", ALL adherents would have to lack the belief in a god/gods.

The Buddha also admitted to believing in Devas which are supernatural. There's also the whole reincarnation thing which heavily implicates some higher agents at work.
18663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 3 hours ago

GrandMasterTime wrote:


MacMeaties wrote:


GrandMasterTime wrote:Not all Buddhists are atheists. Belief in god just isn't necessary in Buddhism.


Strictly speaking the religion of Buddhism has no god and is therefore an atheist religion. The Buddha is often worshipped in some shape or form but he was just a normal man who founded the religion and was not a deity, just a figure the followers of his religion strive to emulate.

Any gods worshipped by practising Buddhists by in large are not connected to Buddhism itself e.g. Shinto gods in Japan.


God isn't a necessary part of Buddhism BECAUSE Buddhism isn't concerned with the question of "How were we created", "How did everything come to be". I would argue that, for something to be "an atheist religion", ALL adherents would have to lack the belief in a god/gods.

The Buddha also admitted to believing in Devas which are supernatural. There's also the whole reincarnation thing which heavily implicates some higher agents at work.





this is false. This is your own diluted ideals you are forcing on them. The Idea of reincarnation does not imply a god, but a natural cycle.


Reincarnation does not Imply a god, it only implies a Cycle of re-Birth.

First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.