First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply #dumpkellogs
qwueri 
16470 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 7 days ago , edited 7 days ago

Breitbart is fighting back at one of the advertisers — the breakfast cereal maker Kellogg Co. — by launching a Twitter campaign #DumpKelloggs that encourages its readers to sign a petition and boycott the maker of such favorites as Froot Loops and Apple Jacks.

On Wednesday, Breitbart placed an article about its #DumpKellogs campaign in the top slot of its homepage. By early afternoon, the article had drawn more than 6,000 reader comments, many in support of the boycott.

"Kellogg's decision to blacklist one of the largest conservative media outlets in America is economic censorship of mainstream conservative political discourse. That is as un-American as it gets,” Breitbart said in a statement.

source: http://www.latimes.com/business/hollywood/la-fi-ct-breitbart-kelloggs-advertisers-20161130-story.html

I'm trying to wrap my head around around how it's 'un-American' to spend advertising dollars as you see fit. Seems like a good way to burn down any future relationships with just about any company not leaning on conservative politics.
35116 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / F / Seireitei, Soul S...
Offline
Posted 7 days ago
Um, what? Really, that is one of the stupidest reasons I've ever heard for a boycott, and I've heard some really stupid reasons for ones. That's like Crunchyroll complaining that some company doesn't want to advertise on their site because what they sell isn't anime related.
16787 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hoosierville
Offline
Posted 7 days ago , edited 6 days ago

Kellogg Co. announced on Tuesday its decision to pull ads from conservative media giant Breitbart.com because its 45,000,000 monthly conservative readers are not “aligned with our values as a company.” In response, Breitbart News, one of the world’s top news publishers, has launched a #DumpKelloggs petition and called for a boycott of the ubiquitous food manufacturer.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/11/30/dumpkelloggs-kelloggs-declares-hate-45-million-americans-blacklisting-breitbart/

Really? You can't include the article you are talking about.

“We regularly work with our media-buying partners to ensure our ads do not appear on sites that aren’t aligned with our values as a company,”

Your values as a company is to make money, keep your customers, and keep your shareholders happy. The last few companies that tried this have had their stocks tumble quite a bit and CEO's were fired as a result. Be interesting to see if the trend continues.

You know I think I might just boycott it too since I don't buy any of their stuff anyways XD
6600 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Palm Coast, Florida
Offline
Posted 7 days ago , edited 6 days ago
Nah man, I need my fruit loops.
10621 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Rabbit Horse
Online
Posted 7 days ago , edited 6 days ago
i haven't had cereals in forever. i try to avoid junk food.
1105 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 7 days ago , edited 6 days ago
In an amazing feat of irony, Breitbart is being even more butthurt and morally outraged then the "left-wing totalitarians" they say that they're totally different from. A company deciding that they want to do something different with their money than what other people say they should is incredibly American, and Kellogs is not obligated to cater towards people's hurt feelings.


"If you serve Kellogg's products to your family, you are serving up bigotry at your breakfast table."


I dunno about bigotry, but there is the taste of salt in the air right now.
39009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Your friendly nei...
Offline
Posted 7 days ago , edited 6 days ago
Mmmm....tasty bigotry.....
1091 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / many homes differ...
Offline
Posted 7 days ago , edited 6 days ago
I will pass cereal is loaded with chemicals and sugars


>Top 10 Toxic Kid Cereals

When it came to the listing “most toxic” cereals, we faced a challenge. Should we list those with the most sugar? The most dangerous levels of vitamin? Dyes? BHT? We could go on forever, but I checked some current ingredients and believe these are some of the worst offenders and why. All of these use extrusion processing, contain GMOs and are fortified. Sugars listed are the amount for 1 serving size in grams.

Kellogg’s Fruit Loops: Sugar, hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated vegetable oils, modified food starch, annatto, BHT, artificial dyes including red #40, 10g of sugar. Fruit Loops with Marshmallows contains 13g.
Kellogg’s Corn Pops: Sugar and molasses, hydrogenated vegetable oils, annatto, BHT, 9g of sugar.
Kellogg’s Apple Jacks: Sugar, partially and fully hydrogenated vegetable oils, modified food starch, modified corn starch, artificial dyes including red #40, BHT, 10g of sugar.
Kellogg’s Honey Smacks: Sugar, honey and dextrose, partially and fully hydrogenated vegetable oils, soy lecithin, BHT and topping our list with a whopping 15g of sugar
General Mills Lucky Charms: Sugar, corn syrup and dextrose, modified corn starch, trisodium phosphate, artificial dyes including red #40, artificial flavor, 10g of sugar.
General Mills Boo Berry/Count Chocul Franken Berry: Sugar, dextrose and corn syrup, modified corn starch, canola oil, BHT, trisodium phosphate, artificial flavor, artificial dyes including red #40, artificial flavor, 9g of sugar.
General Mills Trix: Sugar, corn syrup, BHT, trisodium phosphate, artificial dyes including red #40, 10g of sugar.
Post Foods Fruity Pebbles: Sugar, hydrogenated vegetable oils, BHA, artificial flavor, artificial dyes including red #40, 9g of sugar.
Cap’N Crunch CrunchBerries: Sugar, brown sugar, BHT, artificial flavor, artificial dyes including red #40, 11g of sugar. OOPS! All Berries contains 15g of sugar.
Post Golden Crisps: Corn syrup, honey, caramel color. I had to add this one even though it’s not full of too many toxins because of the sugar content.
1429 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / North
Offline
Posted 7 days ago , edited 6 days ago

MonoDreams wrote:

Nah man, I need my fruit loops.


Yeah, same.
37381 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Online
Posted 7 days ago , edited 6 days ago
I don't like corporations getting involved in politics. I don't like it at all. They should have remained neutral, and just focused on making cereal, profits, and cereal TV commercials. Now, I've just become a 100% Post cereal buyer.

If a company/corporation wants to make a political statement, then I - as a consumer - will also make a political statement, and boycott Kellogs, until it realizes that corporations have no business meddling in human politics.
16787 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hoosierville
Offline
Posted 6 days ago , edited 6 days ago

MonoDreams wrote:

Nah man, I need my fruit loops.





DeadlyOats wrote:

I don't like corporations getting involved in politics. I don't like it at all. They should have remained neutral, and just focused on making cereal, profits, and cereal TV commercials. Now, I've just become a 100% Post cereal buyer.

If a company/corporation wants to make a political statement, then I - as a consumer - will also make a political statement, and boycott Kellogs, until it realizes that corporations have no business meddling in human politics.


Ironically Deadly Oats profile picture is the icon of the company I buy most of my cereal from :P

93 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 6 days ago , edited 6 days ago
I don't think I'd every boycott a cereal over their choice of where to advertise or not, it's moronic. Also Breitbart was pretty thrilled when members of GamerGate got companies to drop their ads for Gamasutra etc...live by the sword and all that.

"economic censorship of mainstream conservative political discourse"

That's not censorship. No one is obligated to fund someone else's discourse.


18722 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 6 days ago , edited 6 days ago

walker1455 wrote:

In an amazing feat of irony, Breitbart is being even more butthurt and morally outraged then the "left-wing totalitarians" they say that they're totally different from. A company deciding that they want to do something different with their money than what other people say they should is incredibly American, and Kellogs is not obligated to cater towards people's hurt feelings.


"If you serve Kellogg's products to your family, you are serving up bigotry at your breakfast table."


I dunno about bigotry, but there is the taste of salt in the air right now.


don't you mean sugar?
397 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16
Offline
Posted 6 days ago , edited 6 days ago

redokami wrote:


walker1455 wrote:

In an amazing feat of irony, Breitbart is being even more butthurt and morally outraged then the "left-wing totalitarians" they say that they're totally different from. A company deciding that they want to do something different with their money than what other people say they should is incredibly American, and Kellogs is not obligated to cater towards people's hurt feelings.


"If you serve Kellogg's products to your family, you are serving up bigotry at your breakfast table."


I dunno about bigotry, but there is the taste of salt in the air right now.


don't you mean sugar?


badum tss
16417 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / east coast. Let t...
Online
Posted 6 days ago , edited 6 days ago
We're talking about cereal.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.