First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply I don't get this whole left right thing
29829 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 12/1/16
So I hear it all the time about how bad left people are in politics but it confuses me so much.

Because where I live you have labour and liberal.
The liberal party always does damage whilst labour is bad but has proven 100x better

Labour is very close to that of Americas left so it's considered left whilst liberals are considered right here.

I don't see how being left inclined in politics is bad it's just a different belief set.
Most people are for the left where I live and hate the right as they want to remove
Universal healthcare and outsource our jobs.

Now I'm not to say they are wrong but I disagree with that and think universal
Healthcare is mandatory and many others agree.

So I don't get why so many people hate on the left it makes so little sense to me.

Maybe it's cultural?
Posted 12/1/16
It's just the Americans on here.
21428 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Leanbox, Gameindu...
Offline
Posted 12/1/16 , edited 12/1/16

Ryulightorb wrote:


Labour is very close to that of Americas left so it's considered left whilst liberals are considered right here.

I don't see how being left inclined in politics is bad it's just a different belief set.
Most people are for the left where I live and hate the right as they want to remove
Universal healthcare and outsource our jobs.

Now I'm not to say they are wrong but I disagree with that and think universal
Healthcare is mandatory and many others agree.

So I don't get why so many people hate on the left it makes so little sense to me.

Maybe it's cultural?


The Democratic party isn't a friend to labor anymore, they are just as bad and useless as Republicans when it comes to economic policy. There is no party that defends labor in this country, why do you think Trump of all people won? Most people here don't trust either political party because other on social issues it is hard to tell them apart anymore.

Oh and they are totally on board with our NeoConservative/Policeman of the world failed foreign policy.

There is no left party in the US. We have a right wing party that favors tax cuts for the rich, and a centrist party that is also warmongering that also does nothing other than giving more money and power to corporations.

Why do you think there is no universal healthcare here? Both the Democrats and the Republicans get paid with legal bribes (lobbying money) from the Health Insurance industry to ensure that it never happens.

The left hates the right, and the right hates the left here, when in reality we should be uniting against the corrupt cesspool known as Washington DC


In terms of definitions of left/right, liberal/conservative those definitions vary by each country and region of the world and should be taken into consideration of which country the speaker is referring to.
6895 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Temple of Yaoiism
Offline
Posted 12/1/16
Left and right is just how people understand both sides of the dominant political ideologies in the United States.

I kind of wish there were more people who don't lean left or right, they stay in the middle instead.

I feel like there's a real lack of objectivity in favor of blind political bias nowadays.

405 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/1/16
Liberalism is its own ideology, and ideologies tend to clash. Conservatism and liberalism are the reason for the current chasm in American society. I don't really care for it myself. Liberals pride themselves in being representatives of social justice, which is just moronic. SJWs are like a malignant tumor, and nothing more. Conservatives aren't much better with all of their "traditional values," and the patriarchy. Lol.
29829 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 12/1/16

kevz_210 wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:


Labour is very close to that of Americas left so it's considered left whilst liberals are considered right here.

I don't see how being left inclined in politics is bad it's just a different belief set.
Most people are for the left where I live and hate the right as they want to remove
Universal healthcare and outsource our jobs.

Now I'm not to say they are wrong but I disagree with that and think universal
Healthcare is mandatory and many others agree.

So I don't get why so many people hate on the left it makes so little sense to me.

Maybe it's cultural?


The Democratic party isn't a friend to labor anymore, they are just as bad and useless as Republicans when it comes to economic policy. There is no party that defends labor in this country, why do you think Trump of all people won? Most people here don't trust either political party because other on social issues it is hard to tell them apart anymore.

Oh and they are totally on board with our NeoConservative/Policeman of the world failed foreign policy.

There is no left party in the US. We have a right wing party that favors tax cuts for the rich, and a centrist party that is also warmongering that also does nothing other than giving more money and power to corporations.

Why do you think there is no universal healthcare here? Both the Democrats and the Republicans get paid with legal bribes (lobbying money) from the Health Insurance industry to ensure that it never happens.

The left hates the right, and the right hates the left here, when in reality we should be uniting against the corrupt cesspool known as Washington DC


In terms of definitions of left/right, liberal/conservative those definitions vary by each country and region of the world and should be taken into consideration of which country the speaker is referring to.



Hmm makes sense thanks and thats horrible that both sides are paid with bribes

The left and the right shouldnt hate eachother for differing opinions.

I disagree with the right in my country (most of the times) but i can't hate them.
29829 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 12/1/16

Ununoctium wrote:

Liberalism is its own ideology, and ideologies tend to clash. Conservatism and liberalism are the reason for the current chasm in American society. I don't really care for it myself. Liberals pride themselves in being representatives of social justice, which is just moronic. SJWs are like a malignant tumor, and nothing more. Conservatives aren't much better with all of their "traditional values," and the patriarchy. Lol.


In the end the best way imho is a mix of both.

Tradition is something people should imo get past and go beyond and evolve i don't like the idea of being a representative of someones justice as Justice is SUBJECTIVE.

Both ideologies have their own good and bad practices and theories and i personally believe we shouldn't bash either idealogy but learn the good from them and the bad and further our own for the future.
405 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/1/16
Well said. I concur! However, at this point in time I'm so tired of political BS. Political correctness, SJWs, alt-right, and so on and so forth. Justice is indeed very subjective, on a personal level that is. Regressive liberals use racism and sexism to corner people, and their baseless accusations can seriously damage a person's life. I've known people whose lives were destroyed by mere accusations.
Posted 12/1/16
In the USA, both the Republican and Democratic parties are currently warped into extremist caricatures, and are largely treated as such. For the most part, compromise between the parties is rejected, and divergence from political extremism is squashed at any waking opportunity. It's a hot mess.
Humms 
12007 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / CAN, ON
Offline
Posted 12/2/16
Good, because it doesn't matter. As long as you have common sense, that's really hard to come by now.
22009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The White House
Offline
Posted 12/2/16

Ryulightorb wrote:

So I hear it all the time about how bad left people are in politics but it confuses me so much.

Because where I live you have labour and liberal.
The liberal party always does damage whilst labour is bad but has proven 100x better

Labour is very close to that of Americas left so it's considered left whilst liberals are considered right here.

I don't see how being left inclined in politics is bad it's just a different belief set.
Most people are for the left where I live and hate the right as they want to remove
Universal healthcare and outsource our jobs.

Now I'm not to say they are wrong but I disagree with that and think universal
Healthcare is mandatory and many others agree.

So I don't get why so many people hate on the left it makes so little sense to me.

Maybe it's cultural?



The left has went absolutely batshit crazy in this country. It's so bad that people that used to be normal leftists are abandoning the Democratic party after being a democrat for 10-50 years. We got many of them voting for Trump.

The Ctrl Left:


I hope your labor party isn't our left because our left is toxic as fuck.

Being left inclined isn't that bad as it is just another way of thinking. The problem is that many of these leftists do not think sensibly like you. They think that you are literally Hitler if you do not believe in exactly what they believe in and will end friendships if they think you are a conservative or not a liberal. They enforce their beliefs just like the communists and try to punish/shame anyone that thinks differently than they do. The CEO of Grubhub, not the only ceo, told his employees if they are a Trump supporter than e-mail your resignation because he does not want them working for him https://i.sli.mg/vB95ZB.jpg

The left has MADE me hate them. I used to be a democrat/left but they are so toxic and so delusional that I went independent/conservative. I still don't like the right much, they are a fake right that is more liberal than anything, but I'd take them over the leftists. The left politicians are too focused helping everyone but America while our own country is rotting from the inside. They spend all their time fighting for social issues that will never be solved and avoid all the stuff with large amounts of support on both sides, criminal justice reform anyone?
47839 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / SC
Offline
Posted 12/2/16
take a left and ur right there
1279 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / West Friendship,...
Offline
Posted 12/2/16
I know my left and right, but this question is what I ask myself when the info slips my mind once in awhile when I'm super busy.
37739 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/2/16 , edited 12/2/16
In America we have far-right and center-right. A few fringe people like Bernie Sanders occupy the center-left. Liberalism doesn't actually exist, despite what the politicians would have you believe
22009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The White House
Offline
Posted 12/2/16 , edited 12/2/16
This is what us Trump supporters put up with every day from the left:




We literally do nothing provocative but if we have the slightest hint of being a Trump supporter this shit pours in when posting. Now this type of stuff happened to leftists/moderates that questioned Hillary's motives or didn't blindly believe her or believe Trump was literally Hitler. Those leftists drove their fellow leftists to the Trump side.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.