First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
I don't get this whole left right thing
22470 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F
Offline
Posted 12/2/16 , edited 12/2/16

Basically, that's in my opinion the best form of alternative voting I can think of, I believe Trump would not have won the Republican primary if alternative voting was a factor, but the squabbling between the sheer amount of Republican candidates this season split their votes too much against Trump, who only had around 30% of the vote in the beginning of the primaries.



Yeah, if it's gonna happen you'll need quite the movement to do so. I'm not planning to see it in my lifetime, but if a movement starts building momentum I'll be there. It's really sad too, also because, not to sound pretentious, but most 3rd party platforms fall apart under the slightest scrutiny. But for that very reason it's important to respect their place at the table and speak to them, usually 3rd parties are built around very simplistic and hyper focused ideals, and that can give weight to serious issues for other parties to consider, but only if they are willing to acknowledge them.
39169 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 12/2/16

I don't get this whole left right thing


Here you go. I hope this helps.

48129 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/2/16

Ryulightorb wrote:

So I hear it all the time about how bad left people are in politics but it confuses me so much.

Because where I live you have labour and liberal.
The liberal party always does damage whilst labour is bad but has proven 100x better

Labour is very close to that of Americas left so it's considered left whilst liberals are considered right here.

I don't see how being left inclined in politics is bad it's just a different belief set.
Most people are for the left where I live and hate the right as they want to remove
Universal healthcare and outsource our jobs.

Now I'm not to say they are wrong but I disagree with that and think universal
Healthcare is mandatory and many others agree.

So I don't get why so many people hate on the left it makes so little sense to me.

Maybe it's cultural?




So its a little more complicated than that too because there is right and left as well as authoritarian and libertarian.

I personally am a right leaning libertarian, by which I mean in general terms I don't want to interact with the government or a government institution at all if I can avoid it and I generally want them to stay out of my personal business the 2 big exceptions I have for this are law enforcement and military(and I do want a much smaller military than we currently have).

As far as my core ideology goes, I feel the government is quite a bit more vulnerable to corruption/scandal than private institutions as there isn't a body that they are accountable to as such things that the government provides in my experience tend to be more expensive and less reliable.
(For example in the US the government run post office literally cannot compete with private shipping companies, and while they aren't quite as bad since they went semi private they are still more expensive, slower, and have worse tracking information than competitors like FedEx or UPS.)

Also there is the simple matter of cost to consider, pretty much every first world country is well on its way to being financially insolvent(Greece) at the moment, and I really don't want to see it happen as it would be pretty horrible for everyone involved.

Also while I am happy to have a discussion on the legitimate problems with "Universal Healthcare" I don't think that really applies to what you were asking in your OP, but I will HAPPILY go into why I think its a terrible idea and the only thing worse than it is Obamacare(which gives many of the problems of universal healthcare and none of the benefits, while actively destroying the benefits of a private healthcare system.
9529 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / The Void
Online
Posted 12/2/16
The Left has become a Neo-Marxist filled group with people who're either unknowingly bigoted or are closet bigots, brainwashed into believing that all men are sexist, and all white people are racists. And that Racist behavior isn't learned, it's because of Society.

I'm around the center, leaning left. I've been moved more center because of the current Left. The intellectual dishonesty honestly disgusted me.


Also, Bernie Sanders is not Center Left. He is definitely Far Left. Democratic Socialism is still Socialism, and Socialism of any form can lead to Communism, AT LEAST with the Marxist ideas that the Far Left are entertaining. And as the late Castro's regime had proved for decades, Communism is Fascism's squinty older brother.
118 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The Grand Line
Offline
Posted 12/3/16 , edited 12/3/16

keeton52 wrote:

The Left has become a Neo-Marxist filled group with people who're either unknowingly bigoted or are closet bigots, brainwashed into believing that all men are sexist, and all white people are racists. And that Racist behavior isn't learned, it's because of Society.

I'm around the center, leaning left. I've been moved more center because of the current Left. The intellectual dishonesty honestly disgusted me.


Also, Bernie Sanders is not Center Left. He is definitely Far Left. Democratic Socialism is still Socialism, and Socialism of any form can lead to Communism, AT LEAST with the Marxist ideas that the Far Left are entertaining. And as the late Castro's regime had proved for decades, Communism is Fascism's squinty older brother.


Which is odd considering that fascism is traditionally considered a far right policy... Though I do think some form of limited socialism isn't a bad thing, a decent healthcare system would be nice (not the current one but something new) and a minimum wage is basically required in a world where potential employees outnumber jobs by such a large margin since the companies would be able to pay almost nothing otherwise and people would still be forced to take the job for lack of options...

Totally agree on the Marxist thing though, those people are taking it WAY too far, some are even calling Castro a bloody hero now.
9529 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / The Void
Online
Posted 12/3/16

Grimm1223 wrote:


keeton52 wrote:

The Left has become a Neo-Marxist filled group with people who're either unknowingly bigoted or are closet bigots, brainwashed into believing that all men are sexist, and all white people are racists. And that Racist behavior isn't learned, it's because of Society.

I'm around the center, leaning left. I've been moved more center because of the current Left. The intellectual dishonesty honestly disgusted me.


Also, Bernie Sanders is not Center Left. He is definitely Far Left. Democratic Socialism is still Socialism, and Socialism of any form can lead to Communism, AT LEAST with the Marxist ideas that the Far Left are entertaining. And as the late Castro's regime had proved for decades, Communism is Fascism's squinty older brother.


Which is odd considering that fascism is traditionally considered a far right policy... Though I do think some form of limited socialism isn't a bad thing, a decent healthcare system would be nice (not the current one but something new) and a minimum wage is basically required in a world where potential employees outnumber jobs by such a large margin since the companies would be able to pay almost nothing otherwise and people would still be forced to take the job for lack of options...

Totally agree on the Marxist thing though, those people are taking it WAY too far, some are even calling Castro a bloody hero now.


I just mean that Communism and Fascism has some similarities, in how they deal with dissent and opposition to the leaders. (You know...by killing anyone who disagrees)

118 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The Grand Line
Offline
Posted 12/3/16

keeton52 wrote:


Grimm1223 wrote:


keeton52 wrote:

The Left has become a Neo-Marxist filled group with people who're either unknowingly bigoted or are closet bigots, brainwashed into believing that all men are sexist, and all white people are racists. And that Racist behavior isn't learned, it's because of Society.

I'm around the center, leaning left. I've been moved more center because of the current Left. The intellectual dishonesty honestly disgusted me.


Also, Bernie Sanders is not Center Left. He is definitely Far Left. Democratic Socialism is still Socialism, and Socialism of any form can lead to Communism, AT LEAST with the Marxist ideas that the Far Left are entertaining. And as the late Castro's regime had proved for decades, Communism is Fascism's squinty older brother.


Which is odd considering that fascism is traditionally considered a far right policy... Though I do think some form of limited socialism isn't a bad thing, a decent healthcare system would be nice (not the current one but something new) and a minimum wage is basically required in a world where potential employees outnumber jobs by such a large margin since the companies would be able to pay almost nothing otherwise and people would still be forced to take the job for lack of options...

Totally agree on the Marxist thing though, those people are taking it WAY too far, some are even calling Castro a bloody hero now.


I just mean that Communism and Fascism has some similarities, in how they deal with dissent and opposition to the leaders. (You know...by killing anyone who disagrees)



I wouldn't say they had some similarities so much as they were actually the same thing, communism as practiced by the soviet union was just fascism by a different name. Basically they went so far left they ended up on the far right.
Posted 12/3/16
Right you do not get most things..
30382 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 12/3/16

MysteryMiss wrote:

Right you do not get most things..


Do you have a reason to go insulting me alot?

You seem like a sad girl since everytime you comment on something i write it's somewhat insulting
24290 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Oppai Hell
Offline
Posted 12/3/16

keeton52 wrote:

The Left has become a Neo-Marxist filled group with people who're either unknowingly bigoted or are closet bigots, brainwashed into believing that all men are sexist, and all white people are racists. And that Racist behavior isn't learned, it's because of Society.

I'm around the center, leaning left. I've been moved more center because of the current Left. The intellectual dishonesty honestly disgusted me.


Also, Bernie Sanders is not Center Left. He is definitely Far Left. Democratic Socialism is still Socialism, and Socialism of any form can lead to Communism, AT LEAST with the Marxist ideas that the Far Left are entertaining. And as the late Castro's regime had proved for decades, Communism is Fascism's squinty older brother.


I always thought the Democrats, especially Hillary, were bought off to support freer trade, something that was traditionally supported by Republicans (Clinton and Her Husband, As Well As Bush, both support the same trade deal that Trump contests, TPP and or NAFTA). I believe they call it neoliberalism.

One Punch Mod
116922 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 12/23/17
Year-end cleanup. Closing threads with no new posts since 12/31/2016.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.