First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Is it possible to construct a real life Gundam that is actualy capable of warfare?
2751 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / F / still on the move
Offline
Posted 2/13/08
and i could never figure out why you need the head if the controls are inthe chest.
Posted 2/13/08

Sleepneeded127 wrote:


sarim91 wrote:


gadeel wrote:


CounterClockwise wrote:

First of all you are the one not making any sense... without the head, the center of gravity will lower, thus granting the Gundam more balance and stability. Also, the head of the Gundam doesnt do much but make it look cool


In Minovsky Physics, there's something about auto-balancers equipped into Mobile Suits that keep them upright like that.

And the heads are more useful than you think since they're the primary sensors (until the development of panoramic monitors).


Minovsky Physics? never heard of that..wats that about?


that is what explains how MS are possible is ues in the UC gundams to explain most of the tech http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minovsky_Physics


wow thats interesting...then wats holding back the developement of MS Suits or Gundams? theoretically its possible
6525 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 2/13/08
Hey, that would be so freaking awesome! That would be how I would travel! That is, unless I could use instant transmission...lol
Posted 2/13/08

aidannwn wrote:

and i could never figure out why you need the head if the controls are inthe chest.


because as seen in various gundam series...mostly in Seed/Destiny machine gun turrets can be place in the head also..and also the pilot can change cockpit view to feed in images projecting from the head..and plus it looks cool
2587 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / my own happy plac...
Offline
Posted 2/13/08
YES! its possible.....but talk about hard work
9383 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / LuzViMinda
Offline
Posted 2/13/08

sarim91 wrote:

wow thats interesting...then wats holding back the developement of MS Suits or Gundams? theoretically its possible


Poltical issues, power issues, economic issues, military issues, the fact that the idea came from a fictional space drama.

There are always issues with new ideas put forth and it takes a while for the idea to set in.
4270 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 2/13/08
Why construct a gundam when we already have something that is far more power? "Far more power? what is that?" - i don't know cuz gov't keep it a secret...
9383 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / LuzViMinda
Offline
Posted 2/13/08

sarim91 wrote:


aidannwn wrote:

and i could never figure out why you need the head if the controls are inthe chest.


because as seen in various gundam series...mostly in Seed/Destiny machine gun turrets can be place in the head also..and also the pilot can change cockpit view to feed in images projecting from the head..and plus it looks cool


The head is important because its the main sensors, until the panoramic monitor. But that's also where the FCS is probably placed, cockpits for some mobile suits, part of the design that utilizes balancers and the movable frame, etc.
Posted 2/13/08

gadeel wrote:


sarim91 wrote:

wow thats interesting...then wats holding back the developement of MS Suits or Gundams? theoretically its possible


Poltical issues, power issues, economic issues, military issues, the fact that the idea came from a fictional space drama.

There are always issues with new ideas put forth and it takes a while for the idea to set in.


unless it can be secretly developed like wat Celestial Being does in gundam 00...all that wont be a problem..also if its in the hands of an independent organization thats devoted to the eradication of war..aka celestial being..that wont be a problem
Posted 2/13/08

harrisan123 wrote:

Why construct a gundam when we already have something that is far more power? "Far more power? what is that?" - i don't know cuz gov't keep it a secret...


if ur thinking of something like nuclear weapons and stuff..thier uncontrollable but yes more powerful..however gundams can also b used in things much more than just military campaigns...such as rescue missions, exploration missions, etc.
9383 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / LuzViMinda
Offline
Posted 2/13/08

sarim91 wrote:

unless it can be secretly developed like wat Celestial Being does in gundam 00...all that wont be a problem..also if its in the hands of an independent organization thats devoted to the eradication of war..aka celestial being..that wont be a problem


With Celestial Being, the Gundams were developed near Jupiter, because that's where GN Technology, and (by Turn A effect) Minovsky Physics are developed. Supposedly, that's where the Hydrogen-3 is harnessed, the particles researched and so on...
4270 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 2/13/08

sarim91 wrote:


harrisan123 wrote:

Why construct a gundam when we already have something that is far more power? "Far more power? what is that?" - i don't know cuz gov't keep it a secret...


if ur thinking of something like nuclear weapons and stuff..thier uncontrollable but yes more powerful..however gundams can also b used in things much more than just military campaigns...such as rescue missions, exploration missions, etc.


something that's so expensive and so big are used for something like that? that might be a good idea, but i think they would build something that resemble the appearance of gundam, but resemble the ability of a gundam..
48954 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / The sky?
Offline
Posted 2/13/08
making a real life gundam...it's madness
Posted 2/13/08

yuri456 wrote:

making a real life gundam...it's madness


no its not..expensive yes..but it can b used to save lives also
48954 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / The sky?
Offline
Posted 2/13/08

sarim91 wrote:


yuri456 wrote:

making a real life gundam...it's madness


no its not..expensive yes..but it can b used to save lives also


lol that is true
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.