First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
Post Reply Do You Have A 4K TV ?
3871 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/9/17 , edited 11/12/17

Cydoemus wrote:


dulun18 wrote:

I don't see any good deal on 4K tvs this year :rolleyes:


I currently have a 65" LG W7 Signature Series OLED.
I think MSRP was almost $8,000 when it first came out.
We waited and snagged it for just over $2,700 at an HH Gregg (they filed for Chapter 11 earlier this year and had a clearance of inventory).
The better news was that we were able to get it insured/warrantied for 4 years at its MSRP from an external protection plan.
The OLED is amazing but the W7 isn't adjustable due to being flat against the wall (hung by magnets).


wall mounted tv using magnets? this i have to see it to believe it!! any pictures?

the current OLED tvs are not as efficient and not ideal for gaming imo. The price has to come down more for me.


They didn't show the price but if it's $900-$1000 for the 65'. I'll get one.
2410 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / F / The Mormon land t...
Offline
Posted 11/16/17 , edited 11/17/17
4k TVs are annoying. You have to buy DVDs and Blu-Rays if you want updated resolution capacity and they cost half the price of an anime collection per. That was when 4k was first out, no clue now.

For those who think there isn't much difference between Blu-Ray and DVDs, I'll give you a clear example of the difference.



Top - Blu-Ray
Bottom - DVD

Go check out this series from the library.
anfex 
1249 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Online
Posted 11/16/17 , edited 11/17/17
I have a 42" 4K monitor. Specifically this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0711MP768

And so far I have had a great experience with it.
601 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / Everywhere
Offline
Posted 11/18/17 , edited 11/19/17
No. My 1080p plasma TV is good enough.
3871 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/19/17 , edited 11/19/17

dulun18 wrote:

They didn't show the price but if it's $900-$1000 for the 65'. I'll get one.


it's Nov 19 so the new price is available :/ but it's isn't it pretty much the same price as before ? **i found the old screenshot It's $400 lower



569 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Behind You With A...
Offline
Posted 11/19/17 , edited 11/19/17
nope and i dont see myself getting one anytime soon unless its on sale for a ridiculously low price
3871 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/23/17 , edited 12/23/17
2018 is around the corner even though they are already talking about 8K and yet they are still sticking to the old LCD-LED tech

https://www.consumerreports.org/lcd-led-oled-tvs/tv-trends-to-watch-for/


Posted 12/23/17 , edited 12/23/17
Yes I do.
545 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / North Texas
Offline
Posted 12/23/17 , edited 12/23/17
Yes. I love my media room and I am not ashamed that when I can sit back and relax, I do enjoy watching my favorites on an impressive television.
4516 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/24/17 , edited 12/24/17

dulun18 wrote:

2018 is around the corner even though they are already talking about 8K and yet they are still sticking to the old LCD-LED tech

https://www.consumerreports.org/lcd-led-oled-tvs/tv-trends-to-watch-for/



"up to 10K resolution"

they are jumping ahead of themselves.. 4K will stop to a crawl with the recent net neutrality vote.. try to stream or download contents in 4K when your internet providers capping you at 1TB let alone 8K-10K ??

they will make a lot of profits from LCD-LED so they will keep milking it by coming up with various gimmicks just so they can charge you the same price as OLED tvs







MasterOfThorns wrote:

Yes. I love my media room and I am not ashamed that when I can sit back and relax, I do enjoy watching my favorites on an impressive television.


You have a 80" 4K tv or something ?
3871 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/24/17 , edited 12/24/17

AnimeAddictANN69 wrote:

"up to 10K resolution"

they are jumping ahead of themselves.. 4K will stop to a crawl with the recent net neutrality vote.. try to stream or download contents in 4K when your internet providers capping you at 1TB let alone 8K-10K ??

they will make a lot of profits from LCD-LED so they will keep milking it by coming up with various gimmicks just so they can charge you the same price as OLED tvs


4K streaming will be a luxury feature with net neutrality gone.....



190 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 12/25/17 , edited 12/26/17
Yup! But don't really have 4k content for it. lol
11316 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M
Offline
Posted 12/26/17 , edited 12/27/17
The question is, do YOU have one?

And if so, what's your address and when are you usually out of the house?
11316 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M
Offline
Posted 12/26/17 , edited 12/27/17

dulun18 wrote:


AnimeAddictANN69 wrote:

"up to 10K resolution"

they are jumping ahead of themselves.. 4K will stop to a crawl with the recent net neutrality vote.. try to stream or download contents in 4K when your internet providers capping you at 1TB let alone 8K-10K ??

they will make a lot of profits from LCD-LED so they will keep milking it by coming up with various gimmicks just so they can charge you the same price as OLED tvs


4K streaming will be a luxury feature with net neutrality gone.....





The other downside to NN being gone is that they're probably going to roll back the definition of what "high speed" is, and they'll be able to claim that you have "high speed" in the US despite having speeds only a tenth of what other nations routinely get....

363 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Playstation VR
Offline
Posted 12/26/17 , edited 12/27/17

dulun18 wrote:


AnimeAddictANN69 wrote:

"up to 10K resolution"

they are jumping ahead of themselves.. 4K will stop to a crawl with the recent net neutrality vote.. try to stream or download contents in 4K when your internet providers capping you at 1TB let alone 8K-10K ??

they will make a lot of profits from LCD-LED so they will keep milking it by coming up with various gimmicks just so they can charge you the same price as OLED tvs


4K streaming will be a luxury feature with net neutrality gone.....





I don't need 4K streaming. I'll just watch the same 11 4K blu rays over and over again.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.