First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply Any Plan For This Winter Break ?
14617 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / New York
Online
Posted 12/5/16
Vacation time with the family
Might hit the slopes and test out some new gear.
Posted 12/5/16
Honestly, I just want to hibernate all winter long.

But that's not going to happen, I have shit to do.
Posted 12/5/16

AnimeAddictANN69 wrote:

I am for one in favor of those SELF DRIVING cars!!

imagine what we can do in those 6-8 hours of driving ?

you can finish a whole anime series !

well.. until they fixed all the bugs and lower the price of those self driving cars ..

so much time wasted on commute-- so i'm in favor of self driving cars any day! since not everyone can afford their own driver


Yeah. Since it's such a short distance, even flying wouldn't really be that sensical. Because we have a dog and usually take things (small bits and pieces collected since the last visit), we figure we may as well just throw it all in the car and head down.

I tend to listen to audiobooks, play 3DS/Vita, or mess around on the iPad Pro when I'm not the one driving (take turns, of course). Self-driving cars will be quite amazing once they work out all of the issues and kinks (as well as allow for any legislation to be passed in order to make them 100% "street-legal"). It'd be nice to just sit back and just double-check the auto-pilot/driving system (until all cars are "self-driving" - you'll have to confirm that things are safe; any driver knows how insane other drivers can be at times) while heading to a vacation destination. It would definitely cut down on some of the traffic through airports.
3872 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/5/16 , edited 12/5/16

ninjitsuko wrote:


Yeah. Since it's such a short distance, even flying wouldn't really be that sensical. Because we have a dog and usually take things (small bits and pieces collected since the last visit), we figure we may as well just throw it all in the car and head down.

I tend to listen to audiobooks, play 3DS/Vita, or mess around on the iPad Pro when I'm not the one driving (take turns, of course). Self-driving cars will be quite amazing once they work out all of the issues and kinks (as well as allow for any legislation to be passed in order to make them 100% "street-legal"). It'd be nice to just sit back and just double-check the auto-pilot/driving system (until all cars are "self-driving" - you'll have to confirm that things are safe; any driver knows how insane other drivers can be at times) while heading to a vacation destination. It would definitely cut down on some of the traffic through airports.


Do you rent a car for the trip? or use your own?

we don't have any SUV or van in this house so i have to rent one

i hate the MPG on these suvs and vasn (sedan owner here.so).. 14/19 (highway/city) MPG ! ? at least i can get cheaper gas and 6% back when filling up at costco..

Posted 12/5/16

AnimeAddictANN69 wrote:
Do you rent a car for the trip? or use your own?

we don't have any SUV or van in this house so i have to rent one

i hate the MPG on these suvs and vasn (sedan owner here.so).. 14/19 (highway/city) MPG ! ? at least i can get cheaper gas and 6% back when filling up at costco..



We tend to use our own, seeing as we get about 28-30 MPG on this particular trip ( the majority of the trip is I-95 south... like 5-6 hours of a 7-hour trip). Renting a car is sometimes more beneficial, as it prevents any "wear and tear" of your personal vehicle(s) and all. We have enough space for the majority of things in the caravan, so we go that route. Might rent when the caravan gets more age on it (it's only two years old). For now, though, it's alright.
93373 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Pumpkin castle
Offline
Posted 12/6/16
Sanrio Puroland, Visiting maid cafe's, Ueno zoo, Disney Sea and Disney Land
7239 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / California
Offline
Posted 12/6/16 , edited 12/6/16
Going to Japan and Korea with my family to visit my grandparents.
5631 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F
Offline
Posted 12/6/16
Nothing much, just having a nice time with friends and family
3872 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/6/16

ninjitsuko wrote:

We tend to use our own, seeing as we get about 28-30 MPG on this particular trip ( the majority of the trip is I-95 south... like 5-6 hours of a 7-hour trip). Renting a car is sometimes more beneficial, as it prevents any "wear and tear" of your personal vehicle(s) and all. We have enough space for the majority of things in the caravan, so we go that route. Might rent when the caravan gets more age on it (it's only two years old). For now, though, it's alright.


personally i prefer to use out own cars.. since when it comes to rentals.. who knows what the previous people used the car for ?

but renting has its pros.. like you mentioned about wear and tear + if you are leasing your cars.. you will not want to put a lot of miles on it

12,000 or 15,000 miles a year?.. there are people who will put 20,000 or 30,000 miles a year on a car pretty easily..

when it comes to traveling..

drive or fly ? it's a tough choice

you have to be at the airport at least 2 hours early now a day?

14 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F
Offline
Posted 12/6/16
This winter is going to be a special one for me because I will be going on my very first date as a lesbian.I just came out recently and I am still finding courage and strength to live the life I want. She is a colleague from work and we are planning on going on a date during the Christmas break. She has already met my family and I have already met hers. So everything is working out pretty well.Here are some ideas I got from a blog ( http://www.bespokematchmaking.com/8-fun-winter-date-ideas-bespoke-matchmaking/). I hope that everything would be a success.
21371 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Leanbox, Gameindu...
Online
Posted 12/6/16 , edited 12/6/16

wallflowerz wrote:

This winter is going to be a special one for me because I will be going on my very first date as a lesbian.I just came out recently and I am still finding courage and strength to live the life I want. She is a colleague from work and we are planning on going on a date during the Christmas break. She has already met my family and I have already met hers. So everything is working out pretty well.Here are some ideas I got from a blog ( http://www.bespokematchmaking.com/8-fun-winter-date-ideas-bespoke-matchmaking/). I hope that everything would be a success.


Congratulations, hope all goes well for you

------------------------------------------------------------
As a college student whenever I am on break I need to make every free moment count. I'm just going to catch up on video games, anime, and most importantly spend time with friends and family.
209480 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Antique bookshop
Offline
Posted 12/7/16
eat , eat and eat
1116 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Finland
Offline
Posted 12/7/16
Getting a month off uni so I'm flying home! Can't wait to see old friends and my dog and eat my parents food.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.