First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Post Reply If you say you don't see color, you're racist apparently
6895 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Temple of Yaoiism
Offline
Posted 12/6/16 , edited 12/14/16
https://youtu.be/kimVgJE_8rE

I don't even...

Did the left just go full circle? I mean I figured the far left would do that eventually but I wasn't expecting it to happen so soon.

I guess being racist is now a label, not a mindset. Because even if you're someone who isn't racist by definition, you still are by label now.




11419 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 12/6/16 , edited 12/14/16
What was the original video?

Also, Martin Luther King dreamt that one day people would see each other for things other than their race. I guess he was a raging racist.

Edit: Also, I'm literally colourblind. Does that make me racist?
Posted 12/6/16 , edited 12/14/16

Dogempire wrote:

I don't even...

Did the left just go full circle? I mean I figured the far left would do that eventually but I wasn't expecting it to happen so soon.

I guess being racist is now a label, not a mindset. Because even if you're someone who isn't racist by definition, you still are by label now.


This has been going on for a while now, just that the lines are more solid versus how blurred they were in the past. It's all about phrasing and context. Linguistically, to deny someone that they're a specific race is racist (such as the phrasing of "I don't see color"). There's a balance of acknowledging that someone is another race and discriminating or creating a bias because of their race (which is racism). Though, because the lines are no longer blurred - people take things in the context they want to believe.

If you said "I don't see color" when being criticized for being racist, it's likely to be taken as a racist stance because the individual's perspective is inclined to believe you're racist (regardless of the next words out of your mouth). But to say "I don't see color" is basically saying "your race's history and struggle means nothing to me" in this hypothetical context.

The problem here is that the person who's assuming that "I don't see color" is a racist comment has likely generated a bias towards the inclination that you are racist (to them). That comment won't change their opinion, just empower it.
Posted 12/6/16 , edited 12/14/16

White knight with white guilt. Definition of a nu male.

We really need a big war to cull these cucks.

Also people that think race is just skin color are delusional.



6895 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Temple of Yaoiism
Offline
Posted 12/6/16

ninjitsuko wrote:


Dogempire wrote:

I don't even...

Did the left just go full circle? I mean I figured the far left would do that eventually but I wasn't expecting it to happen so soon.

I guess being racist is now a label, not a mindset. Because even if you're someone who isn't racist by definition, you still are by label now.


This has been going on for a while now, just that the lines are more solid versus how blurred they were in the past. It's all about phrasing and context. Linguistically, to deny someone that they're a specific race is racist (such as the phrasing of "I don't see color"). There's a balance of acknowledging that someone is another race and discriminating or creating a bias because of their race (which is racism). Though, because the lines are no longer blurred - people take things in the context they want to believe.

If you said "I don't see color" when being criticized for being racist, it's likely to be taken as a racist stance because the individual's perspective is inclined to believe you're racist (regardless of the next words out of your mouth). But to say "I don't see color" is basically saying "your race's history and struggle means nothing to me" in this hypothetical context.

The problem here is that the person who's assuming that "I don't see color" is a racist comment has likely generated a bias towards the inclination that you are racist (to them). That comment won't change their opinion, just empower it.


You have a point, but there are people who legitimately don't care about your race, and therefore don't see color.

I just find it silly because of how easily people label others racist because of differing opinions.

People who are against Muslims entering the country aren't concerned about an influx of brown people entering the country, for instance, they're worried about the ideas they believe in and are carrying into the country.


8859 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 12/6/16 , edited 12/7/16
I must admit I'm racist and here's why
Posted 12/6/16

Dogempire wrote:
You have a point, but there are people who legitimately don't care about your race, and therefore don't see color.

I just find it silly because of how easily people label others racist because of differing opinions.

People who are against Muslims entering the country aren't concerned about an influx of brown people entering the country, for instance, they're worried about the ideas they believe in and are carrying into the country.


Nowadays, labels are becoming commonly used because we're adopting a very strong "us versus them" logic in pretty much all political and social areas.
The conservative/alt-right types have their "cucks" and "nu males" labels, the liberals have the "racists" and "sexist" labels .. the list goes on (these are just a few).
The issue is that people want to label another person because they're uncomfortable with someone having a difference of opinion or belief than they do. An individual or group believes that <insert label here> is impacting their ability to live, or changing the course of their country, or whatever asinine reason that they come up with.

It's silly because, as individuals, humans are going to continue to believe what they choose to believe. As groups, people are more prone to believe they're correct when someone else agrees with them.

Look at someone like Amyas_Leigh - his alignment is that he believes that the "nu males" (or cucks) need to be culled or "removed".
On the other hand, another person would disagree with him and state that those who share his beliefs need to be castrated or exiled to another island/planet.
Humans are silly, we're all silly. It's funny how we all believe that our opinions are more valid than another person's just because we disagree with them. It gets even more absurd when we keep throwing out more labels.

As children, we are taught that similarities of words that are tied to physical objects or behaviors create a cognitive link between the two. It encourages us to put labels on things that must be understood in our lexicon.
This goes beyond right/left/liberal/conservative - it's just human nature. Nowadays, there's more of a polarization between these labels that it becomes necessary (not really) to apply labels even more firmly than in the last 15-20 years.
Posted 12/6/16 , edited 12/7/16
I see colour because I agree with this:


Jean104 wrote:

All literal color blind jokes aside to say "I don't see race" is basically saying "your race's history and current struggles means nothing to me". Being blind to race means also means being blind to racial issues.


Humms 
11887 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / CAN, ON
Offline
Posted 12/6/16 , edited 12/7/16
What if you're color blind though?

Then that's discrimination against the colorly challenged xD.




Vahvi 
3418 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Ever Changing
Offline
Posted 12/6/16 , edited 12/7/16
I can see it now....

*A cheery jingle starts to play*

Bob here is a great guy, he works hard, loves his family, pays his bills on time and donates to charity; he even coaches little league baseball.

But Bob has a problem; Bob is red green colorblind. Bob is 2/3rds racist.

Don't be like Bob; contact your local optometrist and purchase Enchroma today.
5493 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 12/6/16 , edited 12/14/16
All literal color blind jokes aside to say "I don't see race" is basically saying "your race's history and current struggles means nothing to me". Being blind to race means also means being blind to racial issues.
6895 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Temple of Yaoiism
Offline
Posted 12/6/16 , edited 12/14/16

Jean104 wrote:

All literal color blind jokes aside to say "I don't see race" is basically saying "your race's history and current struggles means nothing to me". Being blind to race means also means being blind to racial issues.


I don't see a problem with that, the fact that their great great great great great grandfather was enslaved 300 years ago shouldn't affect them unless they have a racial chip on their shoulder.

Though it is different if you lived through a lot of crap.
47175 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 12/6/16 , edited 12/7/16
Which color?
Posted 12/6/16 , edited 12/7/16

Dogempire wrote:

https://youtu.be/kimVgJE_8rE

I don't even...

Did the left just go full circle? I mean I figured the far left would do that eventually but I wasn't expecting it to happen so soon.

I guess being racist is now a label, not a mindset. Because even if you're someone who isn't racist by definition, you still are by label now.






It's because "I don't see color" is as honest as "I have black friends".
Posted 12/6/16 , edited 12/14/16

Dogempire wrote:


Jean104 wrote:

All literal color blind jokes aside to say "I don't see race" is basically saying "your race's history and current struggles means nothing to me". Being blind to race means also means being blind to racial issues.


I don't see a problem with that, the fact that their great great great great great grandfather was enslaved 300 years ago shouldn't affect them unless they have a racial chip on their shoulder.

Though it is different if you lived through a lot of crap.


Gotta be honest, you sound biased.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.