First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Post Reply If you say you don't see color, you're racist apparently
6895 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Temple of Yaoiism
Offline
Posted 12/6/16

KennethKenstar wrote:


Dogempire wrote:


Jean104 wrote:

All literal color blind jokes aside to say "I don't see race" is basically saying "your race's history and current struggles means nothing to me". Being blind to race means also means being blind to racial issues.


I don't see a problem with that, the fact that their great great great great great grandfather was enslaved 300 years ago shouldn't affect them unless they have a racial chip on their shoulder.

Though it is different if you lived through a lot of crap.


Gotta be honest, you sound biased.


Not really, 300 years ago would have been put to death, but that doesn't matter because I wasn't alive 300 years ago.
Posted 12/6/16 , edited 12/6/16

Dogempire wrote:


KennethKenstar wrote:


Dogempire wrote:


Jean104 wrote:

All literal color blind jokes aside to say "I don't see race" is basically saying "your race's history and current struggles means nothing to me". Being blind to race means also means being blind to racial issues.


I don't see a problem with that, the fact that their great great great great great grandfather was enslaved 300 years ago shouldn't affect them unless they have a racial chip on their shoulder.

Though it is different if you lived through a lot of crap.


Gotta be honest, you sound biased.


Not really, 300 years ago would have been put to death, but that doesn't matter because I wasn't alive 300 years ago.


No, see, you don't really understand what biased means.

Biased means you lack an open-mind or a neutral point of view. You are under the assumption that things are fine for people who had slaves in their family because they aren't being put to death. You have tossed out their entire viewpoint on one thing. That is a biases.
1528 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / The Cosmos
Offline
Posted 12/6/16


Saying you don't see race is kind of an easy way to try and declare neutrality when it comes to race issues.

Saying you don't see race means you're turning your head away from the atrocities that PoC have faced throughout the course of history......which most people already do, whether they say they see race or not. They say history doesn't matter but it's history that's gotten LITERALLY EVERYTHING IN THE WORLD to where it is today.
6895 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Temple of Yaoiism
Offline
Posted 12/6/16

KennethKenstar wrote:


Dogempire wrote:


KennethKenstar wrote:


Dogempire wrote:


Jean104 wrote:

All literal color blind jokes aside to say "I don't see race" is basically saying "your race's history and current struggles means nothing to me". Being blind to race means also means being blind to racial issues.


I don't see a problem with that, the fact that their great great great great great grandfather was enslaved 300 years ago shouldn't affect them unless they have a racial chip on their shoulder.

Though it is different if you lived through a lot of crap.


Gotta be honest, you sound biased.


Not really, 300 years ago would have been put to death, but that doesn't matter because I wasn't alive 300 years ago.


No, see, you don't really understand what biased means.

Biased means you lack an open-mind or a neutral point of view. You are under the assumption that things are fine for people who had slaves in their family because they aren't being put to death. You have tossed out their entire viewpoint on one thing. That is a biases.


I don't think you're in any position to lecture me on bias.

The fact that someone's family used to be enslaved 300 years ago means nothing. They never lived through that slavery themself.

Sure maybe there are racial issues facing you today and you're free to complain about those, but it's stupid to complain about things you never lived through. That's just making yourself a professional victim.

6895 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Temple of Yaoiism
Offline
Posted 12/6/16

IShouldBeStudying wrote:



Saying you don't see race is kind of an easy way to try and declare neutrality when it comes to race issues.

Saying you don't see race means you're turning your head away from the atrocities that PoC have faced throughout the course of history......which most people already do, whether they say they see race or not. They say history doesn't matter but it's history that's gotten LITERALLY EVERYTHING IN THE WORLD to where it is today.


I don't really see it as that.

By choosing to ignore someone's color you're not making their race an issue.

I'd rather have a policeman who doesn't care about my race instead of a policeman who immediately notices my race.
Posted 12/6/16

Dogempire wrote:


KennethKenstar wrote:


Dogempire wrote:


KennethKenstar wrote:


Dogempire wrote:


Jean104 wrote:

All literal color blind jokes aside to say "I don't see race" is basically saying "your race's history and current struggles means nothing to me". Being blind to race means also means being blind to racial issues.


I don't see a problem with that, the fact that their great great great great great grandfather was enslaved 300 years ago shouldn't affect them unless they have a racial chip on their shoulder.

Though it is different if you lived through a lot of crap.


Gotta be honest, you sound biased.


Not really, 300 years ago would have been put to death, but that doesn't matter because I wasn't alive 300 years ago.


No, see, you don't really understand what biased means.

Biased means you lack an open-mind or a neutral point of view. You are under the assumption that things are fine for people who had slaves in their family because they aren't being put to death. You have tossed out their entire viewpoint on one thing. That is a biases.


I don't think you're in any position to lecture me on bias.

The fact that someone's family used to be enslaved 300 years ago means nothing. They never lived through that slavery themself.

Sure maybe there are racial issues facing you today and you're free to complain about those, but it's stupid to complain about things you never lived through. That's just making yourself a professional victim.



First of all, let me help you out with your history.

Slavery didn't end 300 years ago. It ended just over 150 years ago. 151 to be exact.

Then there was segregation. Which ended only 50 years ago.

So, am I in a position to lecture you about bias? Absolutely. You don't even grasp the history of racial struggle in this country and yet, you are absolutely decided that it is all bullshit because people didn't personally have to struggle.

There is probably millions of black people in this country who struggled during segregation that are still ALIVE.

So, are they allowed to protest? What gives you the right to declare who should be allowed to protest anyway?
Posted 12/6/16 , edited 12/6/16

KennethKenstar wrote:



Then there was segregation. Which ended only 50 years ago.

So, am I in a position to lecture you about bias? Absolutely. You don't even grasp the history of racial struggle in this country


If segregation is so bad, why do almost all races self segregate?
Posted 12/6/16

Amyas_Leigh wrote:


KennethKenstar wrote:



Then there was segregation. Which ended only 50 years ago.

So, am I in a position to lecture you about bias? Absolutely. You don't even grasp the history of racial struggle in this country


If segregation is so bad, why do almost all races self segregate?


...are you saying segregation is a good thing? I don't really understand what you are trying to say.
6895 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Temple of Yaoiism
Offline
Posted 12/6/16

KennethKenstar wrote:


Dogempire wrote:


KennethKenstar wrote:


Dogempire wrote:


KennethKenstar wrote:


Dogempire wrote:


Jean104 wrote:

All literal color blind jokes aside to say "I don't see race" is basically saying "your race's history and current struggles means nothing to me". Being blind to race means also means being blind to racial issues.


I don't see a problem with that, the fact that their great great great great great grandfather was enslaved 300 years ago shouldn't affect them unless they have a racial chip on their shoulder.

Though it is different if you lived through a lot of crap.


Gotta be honest, you sound biased.


Not really, 300 years ago would have been put to death, but that doesn't matter because I wasn't alive 300 years ago.


No, see, you don't really understand what biased means.

Biased means you lack an open-mind or a neutral point of view. You are under the assumption that things are fine for people who had slaves in their family because they aren't being put to death. You have tossed out their entire viewpoint on one thing. That is a biases.


I don't think you're in any position to lecture me on bias.

The fact that someone's family used to be enslaved 300 years ago means nothing. They never lived through that slavery themself.

Sure maybe there are racial issues facing you today and you're free to complain about those, but it's stupid to complain about things you never lived through. That's just making yourself a professional victim.



First of all, let me help you out with your history.

Slavery didn't end 300 years ago. It ended just over 150 years ago. 151 to be exact.

Then there was segregation. Which ended only 50 years ago.

So, am I in a position to lecture you about bias? Absolutely. You don't even grasp the history of racial struggle in this country and yet, you are absolutely decided that it is all bullshit because people didn't personally have to struggle.

There is probably millions of black people in this country who struggled during segregation that are still ALIVE.

So, are they allowed to protest? What gives you the right to declare who should be allowed to protest anyway?


I didn't say slavery ended 300 years ago.
Posted 12/6/16

Dogempire wrote:


KennethKenstar wrote:


Dogempire wrote:


KennethKenstar wrote:


Dogempire wrote:


KennethKenstar wrote:


Dogempire wrote:


Jean104 wrote:

All literal color blind jokes aside to say "I don't see race" is basically saying "your race's history and current struggles means nothing to me". Being blind to race means also means being blind to racial issues.


I don't see a problem with that, the fact that their great great great great great grandfather was enslaved 300 years ago shouldn't affect them unless they have a racial chip on their shoulder.

Though it is different if you lived through a lot of crap.


Gotta be honest, you sound biased.


Not really, 300 years ago would have been put to death, but that doesn't matter because I wasn't alive 300 years ago.


No, see, you don't really understand what biased means.

Biased means you lack an open-mind or a neutral point of view. You are under the assumption that things are fine for people who had slaves in their family because they aren't being put to death. You have tossed out their entire viewpoint on one thing. That is a biases.


I don't think you're in any position to lecture me on bias.

The fact that someone's family used to be enslaved 300 years ago means nothing. They never lived through that slavery themself.

Sure maybe there are racial issues facing you today and you're free to complain about those, but it's stupid to complain about things you never lived through. That's just making yourself a professional victim.



First of all, let me help you out with your history.

Slavery didn't end 300 years ago. It ended just over 150 years ago. 151 to be exact.

Then there was segregation. Which ended only 50 years ago.

So, am I in a position to lecture you about bias? Absolutely. You don't even grasp the history of racial struggle in this country and yet, you are absolutely decided that it is all bullshit because people didn't personally have to struggle.

There is probably millions of black people in this country who struggled during segregation that are still ALIVE.

So, are they allowed to protest? What gives you the right to declare who should be allowed to protest anyway?


I didn't say slavery ended 300 years ago.


Then why would you say that someone's family used to be enslaved 300 years ago? Why would you fail to mention the next 150 years of slavery?

Yes, you have biases. Absolutely. It's concrete. If you care about not having biased, why are you not trying to understand this?
Posted 12/6/16

KennethKenstar wrote:

...are you saying segregation is a good thing? I don't really understand what you are trying to say.


I'm saying its completely natural.

African Americans want segregation, on their terms at least. Why else do you think they call white people moving into black neighborhoods racist gentrification? Why else are there black only schools in CURRENT YEAR?
Posted 12/6/16 , edited 12/6/16

Amyas_Leigh wrote:


KennethKenstar wrote:

...are you saying segregation is a good thing? I don't really understand what you are trying to say.


I'm saying its completely natural.

African Americans want segregation, on their terms at least. Why else do you think they call white people moving into black neighborhoods racist gentrification? Why else are there black only schools in CURRENT YEAR?


I don't know, are you just making a wild guess right now or do you have a source to back up your claim "black people want segregation"?
Posted 12/6/16
And let me level with you Amyas_Leigh,

there is something to what you are saying and you see it in prisons

But there are probably multiple reasons for why it happens on the outside and I want to see your sources for this.
Posted 12/6/16

KennethKenstar wrote:



I don't know, are you just making a wild guess right now or do you have a source to back up your claim "black people want segregation"?


Have you been asleep for all of CURRENT YEAR?

https://rewire.news/article/2016/07/20/black-only-spaces/

https://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/20151026/pilsen/creator-of-new-anti-gentrification-signs-want-white-people-out-of-pilsen
Posted 12/6/16

Amyas_Leigh wrote:


KennethKenstar wrote:



I don't know, are you just making a wild guess right now or do you have a source to back up your claim "black people want segregation"?


Have you been asleep for all of CURRENT YEAR?

https://rewire.news/article/2016/07/20/black-only-spaces/

https://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/20151026/pilsen/creator-of-new-anti-gentrification-signs-want-white-people-out-of-pilsen


This isn't black people want segregation. This is different. This is black communities wanting urban revival attempts to stop because it increases property values and breaks up the communities they have there. It displaces them because they can't keep up with the economic value of their properties due to being lower income.

This isn't the droid you are looking for.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.