First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Post Reply If you say you don't see color, you're racist apparently
Posted 12/6/16

KennethKenstar wrote:


This isn't black people want segregation. This is different. This is black communities wanting urban revival attempts to stop because it increases property values and breaks up the communities they have there. It displaces them because they can't keep up with the economic value of their properties due to being lower income.

This isn't the droid you are looking for.


And the 'no whites allowed' safe spaces?
Posted 12/6/16 , edited 12/6/16
I honestly don't know much about the topic but that's what your sources say.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/five-myths-about-gentrification/2016/06/03/b6c80e56-1ba5-11e6-8c7b-6931e66333e7_story.html

Seems like something to read later.

I don't really buy the black people want segregation thing. I think they just want white-led government and economic policy to stop messing with them, and in this instance, their neighborhoods.
Posted 12/6/16

KennethKenstar wrote:

I think they just want white people to stop messing with them


Hmm.
Majority of interracial violent crimes are black on white according to FBI crime table 43b.
That's saying a lot considering blacks are a tiny minority.
Posted 12/6/16

Amyas_Leigh wrote:


KennethKenstar wrote:


This isn't black people want segregation. This is different. This is black communities wanting urban revival attempts to stop because it increases property values and breaks up the communities they have there. It displaces them because they can't keep up with the economic value of their properties due to being lower income.

This isn't the droid you are looking for.


And the 'no whites allowed' safe spaces?


I wouldn't compare that to Jim Crow laws and segregation either. Segregation was a systematic oppression issue and safe spaces where it's only black people in this conference room for one hour to talk about racial issues doesn't seem like that at all.
11630 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 12/6/16

KennethKenstar wrote:

I honestly don't know much about the topic but that's what your sources say.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/five-myths-about-gentrification/2016/06/03/b6c80e56-1ba5-11e6-8c7b-6931e66333e7_story.html

Seems like something to read later.

I don't really buy the black people want segregation thing. I think they just want white-led government and economic policy to stop messing with them, and in this instance, their neighborhoods.


He was correct when he said that there were some black people at a college somewhere who petitioned to have seperate student housing from white people so that's one example of black people wanting segregation.

It's a pretty poor example and has nothing to do with safe spaces like he seems to think it does, but its an example nonetheless.
Posted 12/6/16

Amyas_Leigh wrote:


KennethKenstar wrote:

I think they just want white people to stop messing with them


Hmm.
Majority of interracial violent crimes are black on white according to FBI crime table 43b.
That's saying a lot considering blacks are a tiny minority.


I'm not saying white people are breaking into their houses and robbing them on the street. I personally think it's coincidentally a racial issue and ties into a more high income vs low income community thing. Especially when the issue is dumb shit like high priced coffee shops in a predominantly low income black area.
Posted 12/6/16 , edited 12/6/16

KennethKenstar wrote:



I wouldn't compare that to Jim Crow laws and segregation either. Segregation was a systematic oppression issue and safe spaces where it's only black people in this conference room for one hour to talk about racial issues doesn't seem like that at all.



Segregation is segregation is segregation.

Imagine the shit storm if there was a white only room to talk about 'racial issues'.
Posted 12/6/16

octorockandroll wrote:


KennethKenstar wrote:

I honestly don't know much about the topic but that's what your sources say.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/five-myths-about-gentrification/2016/06/03/b6c80e56-1ba5-11e6-8c7b-6931e66333e7_story.html

Seems like something to read later.

I don't really buy the black people want segregation thing. I think they just want white-led government and economic policy to stop messing with them, and in this instance, their neighborhoods.


He was correct when he said that there were some black people at a college somewhere who petitioned to have seperate student housing from white people so that's one example of black people wanting segregation.

It's a pretty poor example and has nothing to do with safe spaces like he seems to think it does, but its an example nonetheless.


That...

I think when we get into a housing situation, the scope changes. That is an example of a kind of self-imposed segregation.

I think this is college kids taking something too far.
Posted 12/6/16

Amyas_Leigh wrote:


KennethKenstar wrote:



I wouldn't compare that to Jim Crow laws and segregation either. Segregation was a systematic oppression issue and safe spaces where it's only black people in this conference room for one hour to talk about racial issues doesn't seem like that at all.



Segregation is segregation is segregation.

Imagine the shit storm if there was a white only room to talk about 'racial issues'.


Ugh. Look, I do actually think you were going somewhere, but I don't think safe spaces are the issue. I think what the other user said is the issue.
Banned
371 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 12/6/16

KennethKenstar wrote:


Dogempire wrote:


Jean104 wrote:

All literal color blind jokes aside to say "I don't see race" is basically saying "your race's history and current struggles means nothing to me". Being blind to race means also means being blind to racial issues.


I don't see a problem with that, the fact that their great great great great great grandfather was enslaved 300 years ago shouldn't affect them unless they have a racial chip on their shoulder.

Though it is different if you lived through a lot of crap.


Gotta be honest, you sound biased.


What, he's biased towards rational thinking? Every race has been through slavery and discrimination. Does that mean that every race should play the race card to milk the state for free shit? I don't see jews complaining to Germany to get free shit, or the Japanese complaining to America (internment camps) to get free shit. And considering blacks (obviously he was implying blacks with the whole slavery 300 years ago thing) can get into college easier and get jobs easier than non blacks, plus the fact that you had a black president for 8 years, black attorney general, black general of the army, and multiple black celebrity millionaires, oprah I think being a billionaire (and I'm pretty sure jay z as well) goes to show he's not being biased, just reasonable.
5507 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 12/6/16
I seem to remember that black president being accused of being from Kenya for 8 years. Name me another president that had to show their birth certificate 3 times!

And no actually black people can't get jobs or college easier. It hasn't worked like that in decades.

Gay marriage is legal so clearly homophobia isn't a problem anymore, right?
Posted 12/6/16

Jean104 wrote:

I seem to remember that black president being accused of being from Kenya for 8 years. Name me another president that had to show their birth certificate 3 times!

And no actually black people can't get jobs or college easier. It hasn't worked like that in decades.

Gay marriage is legal so clearly homophobia isn't a problem anymore, right?


Name me another president that had dual citizenship with Kenya as a child

What hasn't worked like that? Its a fact that forced diversity in HR means people will be hired based on skin color rather than skill.

'or college easier'

Uhh
https://www.aei.org/publication/acceptance-rates-at-us-medical-schools-in-2015-reveal-ongoing-discrimination-against-asian-americans-and-whites/
https://www.aamc.org/data/facts/applicantmatriculant/



Posted 12/6/16

Amyas_Leigh wrote:


Jean104 wrote:

I seem to remember that black president being accused of being from Kenya for 8 years. Name me another president that had to show their birth certificate 3 times!

And no actually black people can't get jobs or college easier. It hasn't worked like that in decades.

Gay marriage is legal so clearly homophobia isn't a problem anymore, right?


Name me another president that had dual citizenship with Kenya as a child

What hasn't worked like that? Its a fact that forced diversity in HR means people will be hired based on skin color rather than skill.

'or college easier'

Uhh
https://www.aei.org/publication/acceptance-rates-at-us-medical-schools-in-2015-reveal-ongoing-discrimination-against-asian-americans-and-whites/
https://www.aamc.org/data/facts/applicantmatriculant/





you know, when you say dual citizen, you are implying he is a citizen of this country, right?
Posted 12/6/16

KennethKenstar wrote:

you know, when you say dual citizen, you are implying he is a citizen of this country, right?


Well now I wouldn't say that! He'll always be a communist Kenyan muslin to me
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.